Just a Warning about Russian sites

tdstead

Narrow minded Tram Person
Under the new Russian rules as oof 12/2023 to uses Russian sites you need to verify yourself either with your phone or a email by having a account connected to Mail.ru I got a warning saying you were giving this site full permission to delete messages from the connected account, i did connect and got what i wanted then deleted the account. I have set up a 2nd account that i will re-connect if need just for this use.

Looks like the Russians are trying to stop hacking and scams using thier sites.

Tom

My broom doesn’t have anything to with my comment.

But I at least partly agree with Weeder: Whatever happens in Eastern Europe (or anywhere in the universe for that matter) that has nothing to do with trains is outside of the scope of this forum. For that reason I maybe should not have made my comment.

We should really make backups of content from external sites in case the sites go down or we can't access them anymore.

We should really make backups of content from external sites in case the sites go down or we can't access them anymo
Don't believe it's allowed to share files after a site has closed down unless the creators give permission, but it's definitely good practice to save the asset downloads from third-party sites for the future just-in-case the site shuts down, as long as you have the space on your drives to store them.

Last edited:
We should really make backups of content from external sites in case the sites go down or we can't access them anymore.
I do that all the time. Every time I download content from an external site, I save the archive file to my external drive. I have folders setup based on country that contain additional sub-folders based on user, payware, etc.

When I needed to restore my content after my big crash last year, I was able to find much of what I needed right there in my backups.

Back