Third party

Stalagnitt5180

I have a problem, I load wagons on the DLS and then they all have the status "Party". First I downloaded the working cars from dls and made my cars based on them. There were errors: fixing the format to "lm" and that the polygons are more than 500. These errors were first when I downloaded them from the DLC, so I don't think that's the problem, but I don't know why these wagons are loading in third status parties In the config file, I specified version 3.5

Last edited:
Usually these are assets, which are on the list of the Content Repair Group (CRG) for fixing problems. The ContentManager doesn't offer these assets for download, but they could be downloaded as dependencies, or by directly requesting their KUID.

Peter

You can ignore the warning regarding more than 500 polygons.

The PM files can be converted to IM files and a modification needs to be made to the config.txt file to reflect that.

Use PEV's PM to IM to convert the files to produce the IM files.

You can get all of PEV's Tools here:

Install and run as administrator. Click on cancel to skip past the prompts for old Trainz versions when the program is first run.

Here's a sample mesh-table. Create a mesh-table like this. Any open space will do except within another container. I usually place this in between the tags at the top and the description and replace the appropriate parts to match your asset.

Code:
mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                "gp9 high hood undec_body/gp9 high hood undec_body.im" < ---- change this to reflect the path of your asset meshes and the file name
    auto-create                         1
  }

shadow
  {
    mesh                                "gp9 high hood undec_body/shadow.im" < ---- Ditto
  }
}

Usually these are assets, which are on the list of the Content Repair Group (CRG) for fixing problems. The ContentManager doesn't offer these assets for download, but they could be downloaded as dependencies, or by directly requesting their KUID.

Peter
I understand that, but I need the wagons to show as "Installed from DLC" because this is required for a multiplayer session

The PM files can be converted to IM files and a modification needs to be made to the config.txt file to reflect that.

Install and run as administrator. Click on cancel to skip past the prompts for old Trainz versions when the program is first run.

Here's a sample mesh-table. Create a mesh-table like this. Any open space will do except within another container. I usually place this in between the tags at the top and the description and replace the appropriate parts to match your asset.

Code:
mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                "gp9 high hood undec_body/gp9 high hood undec_body.im" < ---- change this to reflect the path of your asset meshes and the file name
  }

shadow
  {
    mesh                                "gp9 high hood undec_body/shadow.im" < ---- Ditto
  }
}
Thank you very much! I will try and write the result

Code:
mesh-table
{
  {
  }

shadow
  {
  }
}
But I need to convert from "it" to "lm", even if I just change the format there will be errors that there are no such files, even if I change the configuration file

But I need to convert from "it" to "lm", even if I just change the format there will be errors that there are no such files, even if I change the configuration file
Yes, this is what PM2IM does.

Open your asset for editing in Content Manager - right-click and choose open for editing.
Run PM2IM as administrator.
Navigate the file open box to where your content is located.
Click on the .pm file.
Click on Convert.

If there is more than one .pm file, repeat the process for the others. File open, and convert. You won't have to browse this time around.
When done, close the program.

In Content Manager, open the config.txt file for editing - right-click and choose Open... Edit configuration file text.

In the config.txt file:
Remove the line asset-filename and the file name on the right. Preserve any spacing.

Add in the mesh-table as shown in the sample. Using only the parts you need. I think for a commodity, you will only need the top part and you can remove the section for the shadow. Pay close attention to the curly brackets to ensure you have the correct number of pairs.

Once added, save the config.txt file.
Submit the asset in Content Manager - right-click on the asset and choose Submit.

If all goes well, you'll have only warnings. If there are any errors, check your work.

Also, not all 3rd Party are faulty or even have warnings. Some may have scripts using obsolete functions that work fine if compatibility mode is on. Others can have missing mesh dependencies if an author has uploaded a mesh library with changes and not waited for that library to be on the DLS before uploading dependant assets. i.e. assets relying on the changed mesh library.

I wouldn't have thought there were too many PM mesh based assets left on the faulty list unless someone has been dumping old assets on the DLS again.

Some third party assets are the result of assets being removed from the DLS due to copyright violations. If you had downloaded and installed the asset before it was removed its status will suddenly (and inexplicably) change from "Installed from DLS" to "Third Party". The problem here is that if you use that asset in a route that you upload to the DLS then anyone who downloads that route will see the route listed with "Missing dependencies" and the asset itself listed as having an "unknown location".

Back