Railroad Crossing Tutorials (The stoppers don't work)

Bill, Dean, Peter Thanks. I need a video. A lot of people have gave me instructions. I just don't know how to follow them. Your teaching an old dog new tricks. Now You bill are talking about the spline. So now I'm so confused. I wish someone had a video that would show me how to do this in detail.

Sounds as if you need a more basic terminology tutorial. The road is a spline, the invisible track is a spline, just as the track itself is. "Spline" simply means that it will repeat as you drag the loose end across the terrain. An "object" on the other hand, does not repeat -- it just sits there waiting for you to do something to it. Objects that will connect to a spline will show white (or yellow) rings where splines (like a road) can be connected.

I don't have the means to create a video of this, but I am sure someone out there can help. I could, however, put up a series of snapshots with descriptive text. A video is better.

Bill

Sorry I don't under stand, Your saying merge the stoppers to the road. I just need a short video showing me how to do this that so This old man can under stand.

Using the Objects Tab, click Objects - Add - spline (Right hand Icon at top) click the move icon that's the below the + icon, place the cursor (White arrow on screen) in centre of the circle at the end of the road, hold down left mouse button and drag the circle to the circle on the traffic stopper to the circle on the traffic stopper it will then connect. Sorry can't do video as on a data limit.

It's good that you found the way to connect the roads to the stoppers. The "weird road" is because the stopper needs to be raised a bit. This is done by (see pic)
8f9426d5d068ae2e36270dc004d3259d.png

By itself, this raises/lowers objects in 1 meter increments. Hold Control while adjusting refines it to 1/10 of a meter, holding Shift further reduces it to 1/20 (.05) meter. raising your stopper just a bit will restore the road to above the terrain, a bit more and the rails won't stick out as much too.

I'm glad to see you hung in there! As you get more familiar with these things they do get a whole lot easier. My only suggestion is work on just adding a piece(section) of road in between the stoppers instead of crossing over each other so traffic won't disappear when hitting one of the stoppers.
Dean

Back