Living railroad not working ??

olsbyn

It seems I don't have living railroad, I have a Trainz plus gold membership.
I have all the other features like HD terrain and Surveyour 2.0, but there is no option to use Living Railroad, I did as follows to test:
1. Loaded "dispatching the action"
2. Opened "Session options"..and that was as far as I got, I can change other things there like weather, time etc., but no living railroad.

There is no option for living railroad in this window, do I have to download anything extra for it to work ? I did check for updates but there were none.

You have to be in Driver where you'll find the Living Railroad Dispatch: located under the session options where you can set the time of day while running your session.
By default, that option is disabled. Click on that to enable it.

Select a driver-assigned locomotive, CTRL-right-click and choose automatic scheduler under assigned player.

Last edited:
Be aware that TLR is not yet fully implemented (technically it is still in beta) so some types of consists, specifically passenger consists, do not work and some consists will behave "oddly".

You have to be in Driver where you'll find the Living Railroad Dispatch: located under the session options where you can set the time of day while running your session.
By default, that option is disabled. Click on that to enable it.

Select a driver-assigned locomotive, CTRL-right-click and choose automatic scheduler under assigned player.
Like mentioned in the OP I checked session options, but living railroad is not there as an option, and yes i was in driver. I even changed to Surveyour and back to Driver to make sure and it's still not there.

Only the most recently released versions of Trainz Plus have TLR included. Build 123794 is the current "stable" build of Trainz Plus.
Here is a screenshot of the proper window in driver.
As far as I know, no version of TRS22 has TLR activated as of this moment.

The OP has Plus Gold.

You can blame N3V for changing names of products midstream. TRS19-Plus, then we had TRS22-Plus and now that became Plus. To confuse things more, when you look at the directory and the .exe you have TRS22.EXE. Shouldn't that be PLUS.exe instead?

Old names die hard just like people still call TS2009 and TS2010 TRS2009 and TRS2010, although those are incorrect for obvious reasons and were never part of the TRS series which came back again after T:ANE. At least the public keeps the series consistent.

The lack of product ownership in the timeline is also to blame here. That plus (sorry, that word again!) the fact that TRS22, TRS22PE and Trainz Plus all share the same forum (this one) makes it confusing. I have been caught out several times giving responses where I assumed that the OP had one version when he/she had a different version.

The lack of product ownership in the timeline is also to blame here. That plus (sorry, that word again!) the fact that TRS22, TRS22PE and Trainz Plus all share the same forum (this one) makes it confusing. I have been caught out several times giving responses where I assumed that the OP had one version when he/she had a different version.
Same here. I wonder what Ed Wells (Euphod) would say on this matter.

Only the most recently released versions of Trainz Plus have TLR included. Build 123794 is the current "stable" build of Trainz Plus.
Here is a screenshot of the proper window in driver.
As far as I know, no version of TRS22 has TLR activated as of this moment.
My build is 123799, then I should have had it I reckon, I contacted support, maybe they will clear things up after the holidays.

Either way it's not a big deal yet since it's not very developed, but as it says it is included I am paying for a function I don't have that is announced as included in Plus Gold.

My build is 123799, then I should have had it I reckon, I contacted support, maybe they will clear things up after the holidays.

Either way it's not a big deal yet since it's not very developed, but as it says it is included I am paying for a function I don't have that is announced as included in Plus Gold.
It is included. If you follow the instructions above, TLR will be enabled for that particular session. It is still very limited to short distances and to freight only.
I have the same version of Plus and I used my setup to write the instructions.

It is included. If you follow the instructions above, TLR will be enabled for that particular session. It is still very limited to short distances and to freight only.
I have the same version of Plus and I used my setup to write the instructions.
Again it is in the OP what I did, and the option is not there.
Here's an image: https://ibb.co/9T511kf

Again it is in the OP what I did, and the option is not there.
Here's an image: https://ibb.co/9T511kf
If you are running Plus, then that should be there.

Try a database repair. Close Trainz if you have it running. At the Launcher, click on Developer on the menu bar. Choose Rebuild database.

If that doesn't work, you will need to contact the helpdesk. They are back from their holiday break on January 8th.

I have Trainz Plus AND TRS22 PE installed.

The TLR control options only appear in Trainz Plus, they DO NOT appear in TRS22 PE.

TLR and HDT are Trainz Plus only features.

Please note I am referring to the screenshot linked to by the OP which as you say does not show the TLR control section. I'm simply stating that that Session Options dialog is what I see in TRS22 PE. Which as you quite rightly say does not have TLR as a feature. Now it seems to me that N3V has the ability to turn on or off features when they compile a new build. I think both John and I are wondering if perhaps the OP is experiencing a bug in the build he is using. He and John are both using a Trainz Plus version that is not the same as what I am able to update to seemingly as my build 123794 which is on the Trainz Plus Beta stream and says that no updates are available.

Understood. My Trainz Plus (non beta) build is 123794 and my Trainz Plus (beta stream) is also 123794 meaning that there is currently no difference between the beta and non-beta streams of Trainz Plus - both are Windows (non Steam) versions.

The Trainz Wiki Page that lists the Build_Numbers has not been updated to include the latest Trainz Plus builds.

I'm wondering if the OP needs to logout and log back in. If he just upgraded then there may be a chance where the local program hasn't caught up to the account change. This thought came to me in the wee hours. It's funny the things we think of sometimes at that hour that are totally random.

From the launcher, go to "Trainz Settings", "Install", "Change Trainz Update Stream". After clicking through to the page that says "Select the patch stream", what version of Trainz is currently selected?

I'm wondering if the OP needs to logout and log back in. If he just upgraded then there may be a chance where the local program hasn't caught up to the account change. This thought came to me in the wee hours. It's funny the things we think of sometimes at that hour that are totally random.
Good idea, the system of turning on and off features based upon flags set on your username has always been a daft idea to me.

Back