NYCTA! pics!

Here a look of the redone station I did
also here my route progress
calcagno-1998-08-011_zps54eb655d.gif

In a few days keep your eyes open for the 7th Avenue line from 59St CC To 96St with the redone stations.

Route Update 2/11/13 PM

(1) running full time between South Ferry to 215 St, (2) from Chambers to 96, while signals are installed on the Lenox branch & Clark St tunnels.

IRTProgress2013-6.jpg

And of course, pics!

Cortlandt St
trainz2013-02-1119-01-50-26.png

South Ferry
trainz2013-02-1119-30-17-77.png

trainz2013-02-1119-31-03-42.png

Crossover just north of the new (but now flooded and destroyed) terminal station
trainz2013-02-1119-05-49-78.png

Rector St
trainz2013-02-1119-02-25-47.png

Diverge goes to the old loop station
trainz2013-02-1119-03-20-39.png

Enjoy!

-A

Driver shots and recolored tracks!

Just a quick little update. I recolored the surface tracks since they were too bright--I finally got them to the right shade and they look better than they did before!

Also, a quick shot of 135 St and Lenox. Work has been kicking my @$$ this week, so that planned Lenox-Bronx tunnel construction is still pending.

February 13 Service changes include:

(2) extended to 135 St, full time. Late nights, it'll run local with the (1).
(3) implemented as an express between 96 and 14 Sts, weekdays from 6am-Midnight. Late nights, it'll still run in Brooklyn. The (4) will turn at Atlantic Av (not shown). Express tracks on 7 Av-Bway will be used as storage tracks until I complete Harlem-Lenox Yard.

I've also included some in-game shots while in Driver mode on the (1).

IRTProgress2013-7.jpg

New tracks
trainz2013-02-1419-57-36-84.png

135-Lenox (looking south)
trainz2013-02-1419-58-19-48.png

Driver Mode shots of the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png

trainz2013-02-1120-44-32-84.png

trainz2013-02-1120-43-55-06.png

trainz2013-02-1120-35-40-07.png

trainz2013-02-1120-35-11-59.png

Enjoy!

-A
ph34r.png

Green man great shots also just to let u know the 7 line has 11 cars so there 11 car platforms just to let u know lol even tho u probably knew that

Just a quick little update. I recolored the surface tracks since they were too bright--I finally got them to the right shade and they look better than they did before!

Also, a quick shot of 135 St and Lenox. Work has been kicking my @$$ this week, so that planned Lenox-Bronx tunnel construction is still pending.

February 13 Service changes include:

(2) extended to 135 St, full time. Late nights, it'll run local with the (1).
(3) implemented as an express between 96 and 14 Sts, weekdays from 6am-Midnight. Late nights, it'll still run in Brooklyn. The (4) will turn at Atlantic Av (not shown). Express tracks on 7 Av-Bway will be used as storage tracks until I complete Harlem-Lenox Yard.

I've also included some in-game shots while in Driver mode on the (1).

New tracks
trainz2013-02-1419-57-36-84.png

135-Lenox (looking south)
Enjoy!

-A
ph34r.png
Sweet pics! What are the tracks you used for this pic?

@Adam: Thanks

@Susanaes: Thanks for the reminder :] The station info I have (almost) always shows platform length, so I'm sure for 11-car trains it'll be longer.

@NYCBoy: The tracks are the NYCTA Surface Tracks that haven't been released yet. I had to tweak the color to get it right--I'm also looking at other parts of the system in Google Earth and various photos to see if there are any other ballast colors that are needed. I figure there are maybe one or two other ballast colors on the system, so I'll replicate those and then release a mini-package of those surface tracks. Right now, Samplaire has really amazing tracks to use (they also come in low-poly versions), if you'd like to substitute and get amazing realism. Problem is that they don't have a third rail.

@Jamal: I use the AJS Invisible stations. Because the invisible platforms on the 2T, 4T, 6T and 8T are too wide for the NYCTA stations, I only use the 1T invisible station for all of my stations. It's a PITA for anything that has more than 2 platforms, but it gets the job done. Now that B has praised the goodness of the Ruby TMIX exporter, it'll be easier for me to edit the station platforms and widen them so all the AJS stations can fit on them.

By the way--does anybody know if there are any other invisible stations besides AJS?

-A

Hey guys. Fooly here. Ive worked on the Grand Central Shuttle and completed it and its better then ever! I Am almost finished with that Fictional Cross (L)(R) Route! Sadly I was using Trainz Driver while going down the stairs , Tripped , and broke my right leg , and left left arm. My doctor said I damaged my brain a bit but should be better in 2 weeks. When im better i will release the route. Its better ever then! EDIT: Sorry Meant Its better then ever. My heads messed up!

Last edited:
Hi A

Great Great work!!!! :p:D:wave:

---a suggestion -- if you have not thought about it yet, add people to those platforms, etc to really give a nice effect, etc!!!

Take Care -A-

Ishie

Green do think there will be a way to back date your route when it's released cuz I know I can't afford TRS12 right now even with the sale:confused:

That's one of Samplaire's Ballast textures. I forget which it is (as in the name), as I'm not at my Trainz PC at the moment.

More photo evidence later, but here's the updated system map.
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-2_svg.png
and
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-3_svg.png
join the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-5_svg.png
as completed-in-full IRT routes!
biggrin.png
tongue.png

IRTProgress2013-8.jpg

-A
ph34r.png

Cool! Now all that's left is the (1), (4), and (6) ELs in the Bronx and the remaining rail yards (possibly the most difficult, good luck!).

You are correct. I just finished the track work up to 242 St. I will build the 240 St yard later on today and have some pictures tonight.

So the completed lines are:
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-2_svg.png
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-3_svg.png
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-5_svg.png
, 42 St
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-S_svg.png

75% done:
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-4_svg.png
(Bronx el needed)

60% done:
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-6_svg.png
(Bronx el needed)

10% done:
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-7_svg.png
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-7d_svg.png

Yards completed: 239 St (2), Unionport/E 180 (2)(5), 137 St (1), Harlem (3)

Yards TBF (to be finished): 240 St (1), Jerome (4), Westchester (6), Livonia (3), Corona (7)

-A
ph34r.png

Hey ace when i get better i want to challenge you to a NYCTA (A) Route Build-off! You Have to make the (A) all the way from Inwood to The Rockways Including the yards. You have to start off from scratch. Each one has 3 Weeks To finish the route. So ace , do you accept?

@Fooly: Challenge accepted. Be prepared.

@Susanaes: I don't know if there'll be a way to backdate the TS12 route for older versions. I'm not saying it can't be done, nor am I saying that I won't do it--I just don't know if it's possible. I've tried before, but it didn't work--this is probably because I had no idea what the hell I was doing. :hehe: I'll research the matter more thoroughly and get back to you on it. If I do decide to backdate, I'm only going backdate to TS10, as going back to 09 will push that hardware well past its max.

-A :wave:

All right , we have to start Friday and Susanaes or Bstyles have the honor of judging our routes. BTW: You do not need to include Bulidings or back rounds. Just yards and route. Be ready Ace! I'm coming!

Back