NYCTA! pics!

@Felix: Good progress map. I'm interested in seeing some screenshots, as I'm sure others are. I'd particularly like to see your (S) 42 St route and the Penn Station on 8 & 7 Av.

Will any of these maps you guys are making work in ts2010?

I can only speak for my own routes in development (NYCTA Megaroute [all lines], and Division A)---they will be working in TS12 only. My METRO & BART routes have also gotten the upgrade to TS12. However, as has been stated many times before, ALL of mine & BStyles' content will work on Trainz Classics (2.7) and up, so even if you don't have TS12 yet, you can still use our content to create routes of your own!

Also, just an announcement about an upcoming project:

BStyles is shifting our website domain away from IP Board over to Hostgator. He'll be backing up the accounts and passwords of all who joined and switch it over upon set up. The IP Board Site will be down for a few days. Keep your eyes peeled for the announcement of the new website address and registration details. This will be where ALL of our content past, present, and future will be hosted---which will eliminate the need for posting mediafire links, and stop questions of "Where can 'x y and z' be found?"

IRT Route update: 7 Av line built to 96 St, construction commences today on the Bronx-Broadway branch, and the Lenox/Harlem branch, which will eventually connect to the Bronx (2) which currently stub-ends west of 149 St-Grand Concourse.

-A :wave:

Awww, it isn't looking good :/ I only did the track layout right, but used your 4T Stations, no custom assets or somthing, nothing special ^^The (S) Stations are your 3T Stations, i only added a wall with a platform at one end. I can't post pics of it, because my parents gave me a pc ban (i hate them), i try to get some shots next weekend...

Here's the next installment of the IRT Megaroute.

It shows the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-3_svg.png
going express from 72 St to 42 St, laying up, and then returning uptown to 72 St.

There is accurate signal and sign placement from 50 St down to 28 St (though the train only goes to 42 in the video).

I will build up to Harlem and do a video of the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png
and the famous Manhattan Valley Viaduct
smile.png

-A
ph34r.png
Can you post a download link to your older subway platform stations? Like in the video of 50th street/broadway?

@NYCBoy: I will post the download link later on--just be forewarned that those old stations cannot be passenger enabled, even with the AJS invisible stations.

@Flusi: Excellent job! I like how the route is coming along so far. Keep up the great work! Looking forward to more screenies!

And of course, an update from me:

IRTProgress2013-3.jpg

I will be posting pictures later on tonight--I've got some previous plans to attend to for a few hours before I get back online.

(1) trains provide the only B'way-7 Av service right now, from 34 to 137 St. Let me tell you, the Manhattan Viaduct was interesting and challenging to build, but I did it.
After pics, I'll complete the 137 St Yard and build up to 168 and connect the Lenox line to 96 St & Grand Concourse-149, so the (2) can finally connect Upper Manhattan & the Bronx.

Last edited:
I will be posting pictures later on tonight--I've got some previous plans to attend to for a few hours before I get back online.

(1) trains provide the only B'way-7 Av service right now, from 34 to 137 St. Let me tell you, the Manhattan Viaduct was interesting and challenging to build, but I did it.
After pics, I'll complete the 137 St Yard and build up to 168 and connect the Lenox line to 96 St & Grand Concourse-149, so the (2) can finally connect Upper Manhattan & the Bronx.

Looks VERY GOOD!!! I <3 <3 IT! I can't wait for the release!

acelejalde said:
BStyles is shifting our website domain away from IP Board over to Hostgator. He'll be backing up the accounts and passwords of all who joined and switch it over upon set up. The IP Board Site will be down for a few days. Keep your eyes peeled for the announcement of the new website address and registration details. This will be where ALL of our content past, present, and future will be hosted---which will eliminate the need for posting mediafire links, and stop questions of "Where can 'x y and z' be found?"
My apologies if I ask (if off-topic) but will it serve filehosting on that server (Hostgator)? I mean that by the time it's released, and packing up the CDP, you are gonna need to put a place to host it at. Most webhosts DO NOT ALLOW filehosting. Believe me.

Here is one photo from my route. I taken a few day off from it and now on a reskin rampage since I just found out how to reskin. also on a side note if/when I release my route I don't know if I will included the station signs
trainz2013-02-0423-07-33-19_zpse8a075b0.png

Last edited:
IRT Route Progress 2/5/13

Excellent work R33. Looking forward to this route!

As promised, updated route pics:

75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png
Train laid up at 137 St
trainz2013-02-0513-23-58-61.png

Looking south at 137 St towards the Manhattan Valley Viaduct's 135 St portal:
trainz2013-02-0513-24-09-95.png

Manhattan Valley Viaduct
trainz2013-02-0513-24-27-20.png

122 St Portal (looking Downtown)
trainz2013-02-0513-24-45-48.png

Uptown view of the Viaduct's 122 St Portal. If you squint (lol) you can see 125 St in the distance
trainz2013-02-0513-25-03-01.png

96 St/Broadway (Looking Uptown)
trainz2013-02-0513-25-41-19.png

Lenox/Broadway lines' Junction: Locals to the left, Expresses dipping underneath, and to the right.
trainz2013-02-0513-26-17-64.png

Enjoy!

-A
ph34r.png

Have to admit, by the time that route is released, it'll be over 2GB of that (since u are building the ENTIRE NYCTA system)

I think it would make sense to separate the IRT and BMT as different maps/routes...

Which is exactly what's happening, I think. You could still make the 2 GB map, it would just have to be posted as a zipped archive rather than a CDP due to file size restrictions on the CDP format.

* To publish as a ZIP file:
1) Open the asset for edit in Explorer.
2) Go up one level; the asset folder should be selected.
3) Send the folder to a compressed (ZIP) folder.
4) Upload to a site that allows files of that size.

* To publish as a RAR file:
1) Download and install WinRAR if you have not yet done so.
2) Make a note of your host site's file size limit.
3) Make sure that in your WinRAR context menu settings (Options > Settings > Integration > Context menu items...) that you have "Add to archive..." checked.
4) Perform steps 1 and 2 as indicated for ZIP files.
5) Right-click on the asset folder and select WinRAR > Add to archive...
6) Name the archive and have it "Split to volumes, size" whatever your host site permits. You can choose in this step to publish as a ZIP file.
7) Upload all archive files to the host site.

I think it would make sense to separate the IRT and BMT as different maps/routes...

I think it should all be on one route because most subway lines in NYC are close to eachother. If they were several miles from eachother, then that could probably be done.

Back