NYCTA! pics!

Will you be building the (1) to South Ferry (pre-storm condition)?
Yes, the (1) will be included, pre-Sandy. The loops themselves are already finished, as they tie in with the Lexington Avenue line. The connections to the West Side currently end against bumper blocks and a concrete wall.

-A :wave:

Here's the next installment of the IRT Megaroute.

It shows the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-3_svg.png
going express from 72 St to 42 St, laying up, and then returning uptown to 72 St.

There is accurate signal and sign placement from 50 St down to 28 St (though the train only goes to 42 in the video).

I will build up to Harlem and do a video of the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png
and the famous Manhattan Valley Viaduct
smile.png

-A
ph34r.png

Last edited:
Quick question to everybody. I don't post often and too many pages to siff back so I'm just going to ask, Is anybody doing the Franklin Shuttle pre 1998? I been working on the Franklin Shuttle on my own and wanted to know if you guys need it once I'm finished. If someone else is doing it then its okay I'll just make personal use of it.. I just got as far as Crown Avenue. Here's a shot of my Prospect Park & Malbone Street curve.
trainz2013-01-1918-57-51-68_zps7880a8fd.png

trainz2013-01-1918-55-39-87_zps6acc8ebf.png

Awesome work! What track and platform are you using? I don't think anybody is doing pre 1998. I know someone is doing 1998 and I'm helping develop the current route incorporated into a mega route.

Hey Trizzy, I believe R33WF is doing the entire system as it was in 1998, and there's a possibility that he's including the Franklin Ave. Shuttle in that.

Not a problem! I went back and checked the video to make sure I didn't upload the wrong one. I did record a trial run where I tested that section, before I put in signals.

Awesome work! What track and platform are you using? I don't think anybody is doing pre 1998. I know someone is doing 1998 and I'm helping develop the current route incorporated into a mega route.

I'm using a track called "CP Concrete Ties" it's available on DSL. The platform are mix of Bystles and another DSL find called "UK Utility Platform". The platform face on the Bstyles platform was too weathered. Those will eventually help me out when I get to Park Place and Dean, but just for Prospect Park I overlaid the UK platforms for more upscale look. (I believe Prospect Park was rebuilt in 1991, correct me if I'm wrong.) If R33WF is doing it then its not a problem to me. But I just wanted to make aware. This is my first real route I'm building. Most my stuff was fictional to this point!

Hey are any of you going to be at the Amherst Railway Society Railroad Hobby 2013 (The "BIG E" Show), Springfield, MA?
West Springfield, MA
United States
01/26/2013 - 01/27/2013

Awesome Work Guys! As for my mega-Route the (5) train will NOT have Accsess Between Gun Hill Road And Dyre Ave Because Since Im doing Both The Real MTA subway System And The Fantasy Mta Subway System Im starting with Half Of each. If you saw on my map with the progress, i made a mistake. I have Mixed Up both Maps. Heres the real version:
Mta REAL: (S) Shuttle, (7) 11 St-Times Sq , (1) 242-238 St (6) Phelham Bay Pk ONLY and the (F) West 8 St But still No (Q) On upper Level.

Mta FANTASY: (8) Gun hill Road Only, (B)(D) 68 St .

Everything Else That was marked Was Erased Or I left it out by accident.

@Trizzy Im currently Doing The (S) Shuttle For Times Sq During Today And 1998.
@susanaes Ye Like my Pics Now? Arrgh! (LOL)

For those wanting the signs in the video:

Below is the link, but let me make a list of what signs are available and what they're used for and how to set them up in game.

Forewarning: For ALL speed limit signs, you MUST use an invisible speed signal (built-in to the game) and set the speed to match what you put on the sign. Without them, nothing changes as they are not automatic speed limit signs (kind: mospeedboard).

All signs come with three versions: Right-hand, left-hand, and overhead (for stations). All signs are editable in the ? (properties) tab unless specified.

Car Stop Sign- blank white sign; input any number to tell you what length of train stops at that sign. Used in stations.

Car Reverse Sign- white sign with "CAR" on the bottom; same as above, but used where trains lay up and/or reverse direction.

4-6 and 8-10 Car Stop signs- same as the car stop signs, but numbers are already on the texture. Cannot be renamed in the properties tab.

Diverge Speed Sign: Black "D" on yellow sign. Used for designating the speed limit for a diverging movement.

Grade Time (GT) sign: GT on yellow sign. Speed limit sign for Grade Time--on approach to curves and grades.

OPTO- One Person Train Operation Stop. Trains using only a motorman will stop at this sign in stations.

Resume Speed Sign- White "R" on green background. After a speed controlled block or an interlocking, a train with the corresponding length written underneath the "R" can resume prior full speed. (Usually comes in R-6, R-8 and R-10)

Speed Limit Sign- black "MILES" on yellow sign. Number above miles indicates speed limit.

Station Time (ST) sign: ST on yellow sign. Speed limit for Station Time. (see www.nycsubway.org article on timed signals, it's too technical for me to explain lol)

Time Control Sign: Black "T" on yellow sign. Indicates the beginning of a time controlled section. This sign is usually followed by a GT or ST speed limit sign.

I have combined all of these signs into one mega sign with BOTH editable text and editable backgrounds. After you place the new sign, you can change the texture and input the values. Those signs are still being tested. The link is for the old version of the signs, which includes three of each of the ones explained above.

Any questions or suggestions are welcome!

Linky Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cg8cxlq7m9fq2hi
-A
ph34r.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the signs! By the way, you kinda pasted the same message twice in the same post. Not sure if that's what you intended to do.

Woops left out this:
MTA real: L Bedford-Montrose G Lorimer - Flushing. Sorry about that. As for the fiction route I'm Doin It Serves The (A) (D) (S) And (L). Watch your eyes be amazed Tommorow! @ace your the best route builder I've seen since I was born. If I would hand out a award I would give it to u first!

Back