How to I start to download.

awelland

I have had 2009 for some time, but I was just going to start using the downlaoder. But it comes up 'Unable to download, the server appears to be full, please try later'
I have now got over the first part of the problem as I now get downloads in white only. Any ideas how to finish the fullo process and end up with a coloured download.

awelland

Last edited:
That error often occurs at weekends. It means the server is overloaded. You can keep trying but it's unlikely to be any better until Monday.

John

Yeah there will be less traffic on the week days but as for the weekends,hehe not so much,but anyway try it on any weekday and let us know how it went,oh yeah I almost forgot, if you are downloading through content manager, use the 'Start tab and stop at anytime,good luck!:cool:

Last edited:
I have had 2009 for some time, but I was just going to start using the downlaoder. But it comes up 'Unable to download, the server appears to be full, please try later'
Any ideas as I can't downlaod.

awelland

Try re-entering your username and password by starting the trainz launcher and click on options. The "server full" error seems to occur frequently as a result of not being able to read from the save id/password. If you still get the error try using the dls website directly at: http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php Don't worry that it has an old 2004 address - you will be able to download for 09. You will have to enter the username and password if it is the first time you have been there.

If you are still unable to access from this page, you should contact the helpdesk with full information on your machine and build number.

Have fun

Bricey

Last edited:
I've often found that weekday nights during prime time and weekend days are the worse times to try and download anything. So I try to keep my download efforts off peak hours.

Also, many sites that I've found content on transfers your download request to the Auran site

Yeah there will be less traffic on the week days but as for the weekends,hehe not so much,but anyway try it on any weekday and let us know how it went,oh yeah I almost forgot, if you are downloading through content manager, use the 'Start tab and stop at anytime,good luck!:cool:
Have got to the stage now that downloads save but in white only. At least this is some progress.
:eek:

Could you explain what you mean by "in white only" please?
The model say a train of any type is complete even down to men inside but everything is then finished in white ( No other colours ) The shape and details are all correct.

:eek:
awelland

The model say a train of any type is complete even down to men inside but everything is then finished in white ( No other colours ) The shape and details are all correct.

I take it that the built in items look OK and it's just the downloaded items that are white. In which case this suggests a texture compression problem being caused by a faulty CM2. You could try doing an extended database repair but if CM2 if faulty this could make things worse so do a backup of your local folder first if you have created any routes etc. The only other cure I can think of is a re-install of TS2009.

Maybe somebody else will respond with a better idea / solution.

Last edited:
Back