Help

I think the point of getting rid of the file was to cause the game to rebuild it, so it's supposed to come back. The question would be if it's still crashing or not.

Probably need to install the OpenGL drivers. Content manager won't work without them. Updating the drivers from your Video cards manufacturer should hopefully fix it.

I suspect he downloaded the updated drivers, but did not do the install. In XP they should be in the download folder under my documents. as you noted, CMP needs Open GL to function, especially for downloads.

regards, tomurban

I think the point of getting rid of the file was to cause the game to rebuild it, so it's supposed to come back. The question would be if it's still crashing or not.
Wait on a minuet If there is a backup file in c:/program/file/auran/TRS2006/cache/assets.bku, you need to delete this one as well.

(assets.bku) this is a backup file, if you don't delete this, it will just re-wright the same file back on to your computer, you must make sure you delete this file as well as the assets.tdx file.

Now you can close all open windows, start the TRS2006 program and click start from the menu, now you can go for that cup of tea, you will know when it has finished, when you get the large option screen in veiw.
now go back to CM2 to see if it has worked.

Hmm, I don't recall seeing mention of the backup on previous posts. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever have to do the same thing. (Assuming 2010 creates and uses those files.) :) One more day and hopefully I'll be installing Trainz. (And likely getting annoyed at DLS per day download limits.)

ya but i still cant find the file
Don't worry if it is not there, TRS2006 only creates one if you've alterd your files by ethere adding or deleting them, you obviously havent done that yet, in this build, by the way are you up to the latest build?

Hmm, I don't recall seeing mention of the backup on previous posts. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever have to do the same thing. (Assuming 2010 creates and uses those files.) :) One more day and hopefully I'll be installing Trainz. (And likely getting annoyed at DLS per day download limits.)
Yes it does, but in 2010 you don't have to, just do an extended database repair, deleting assets.tdx and .bku can do more harm than good in TS2010.

Have you got TRS2006 and TC1,2,or3 all in the same folder, because some people have had trouble in the past with these having conflicts with each other, if you have partitions on your hard drive then try putting them on separate partitions.

If this is not the case then please give as much detail as you can, as to what is happening. and how you have got TRS2006 and TC set up.

Ok so heres what happening i open up TRS2006 and/or TC, then i go to CMP and when i click on it it goes right to this window "Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience". Then people have been telling me that i have to go and delete this assets.tdx file in order for it to work. So i do that and i wait like for ever cuz thats wat they said to do so i did. And after all of that it still doesn't work so do you know what to do cuz i dont?

Ok so heres what happening i open up TRS2006 and/or TC, then i go to CMP and when i click on it it goes right to this window "Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience". Then people have been telling me that i have to go and delete this assets.tdx file in order for it to work. So i do that and i wait like for ever cuz thats wat they said to do so i did. And after all of that it still doesn't work so do you know what to do cuz i dont?
Hi darrylcs,
Just a thought since you've changed your name, I am wondering if this could be the problem, as your origenal name will be linked to your profile and your ganes pass key. If so you will need helpdesk to sort it out for you.:(

Back