Browser not dealing with trainz:// links

thesthfan

Recently I bought Trainz 12 (please check my ticket) and I tried installing some maps with DLS and when clicking "Download with content manager" it goes to the trainz://install/(kuid ID here) link. The problem is, my browser (Microsoft Edge 120) won't work with trainz:// links at all and after clicking nothing happens.
If I paste the link manually it will redirect me to google searching it.
Any way to solve?

Also, when installing anything with content manager itself, it displays "Not Archived" and "Unknown Content Error" errors, but thats another story

It is not recommended to download from the DS website, almost no current browser uses FTP. Download it in Trainz itself through the Content Manager, making sure that it is not for a version higher than the one you have, most likely 3.7.

It is not recommended to download from the DS website, almost no current browser uses FTP. Download it in Trainz itself through the Content Manager, making sure that it is not for a version higher than the one you have, most likely 3.7.
As I said above...
Also, when installing anything with content manager itself, it displays "Not Archived" and "Unknown Content Error" errors, but thats another story
I've seen people doing network diagnostics and things but I'm too stupid to find it myself

I still also have a copy of TS12 installed (and I don't think there are many of us here), but I haven't had the errors you mention...
I didn't understand your answer very well, although it seems a bit rude.
Since you are a new member (in fact, it is still your first day) just try to answer what you have asked.

That procedure is no longer used. In order to download content for TS12, you need to use Content Manager and only if you have to purchase a First-Class Ticket (please correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's how I remember it), or if you are at the Download Station website, you need to use an FTP client.

The reason is twofold:

1) The Active-X script is no longer viable in new browsers and newer operating systems such as Window 10 and up.

Due to security changes in these operating systems, this is broken and has been for a while. There used to be an error message that we could click past, but that's turned into an absolute no-go today.

2) More recently, due to security issues not related to N3V's DLS, the major browsers such as Edge, Firefox, Safari, and others, no longer support FTP connections within the browser and that protocol has been disabled or removed.

If you need to use FTP, you need to use an FTP client such as FileZilla.

On the download with FTP link on the DLS is your login and account information you will need to put into the appropriate places on your FTP client prior to downloading.

I still also have a copy of TS12 installed (and I don't think there are many of us here), but I haven't had the errors you mention...
I didn't understand your answer very well, although it seems a bit rude.
Since you are a new member (in fact, it is still your first day) just try to answer what you have asked.
When trying to download any content in the Content Manager (e.g. Midshire Mainline route) after searching for kuids it displays errors on every kuid (such errors as "Not Archived" and "Unknown Content Error". Attaching photo there so it will be easier to understand my issue.

I tried searching for such issue on trainz forums, but I found nothing that would help me.

That procedure is no longer used. In order to download content for TS12, you need to use Content Manager and only if you have to purchase a First-Class Ticket (please correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's how I remember it), or if you are at the Download Station website, you need to use an FTP client.

The reason is twofold:

1) The Active-X script is no longer viable in new browsers and newer operating systems such as Window 10 and up.

Due to security changes in these operating systems, this is broken and has been for a while. There used to be an error message that we could click past, but that's turned into an absolute no-go today.

2) More recently, due to security issues not related to N3V's DLS, the major browsers such as Edge, Firefox, Safari, and others, no longer support FTP connections within the browser and that protocol has been disabled or removed.

If you need to use FTP, you need to use an FTP client such as FileZilla.

On the download with FTP link on the DLS is your login and account information you will need to put into the appropriate places on your FTP client prior to downloading.
It seems like my FTP client won't work with it, even though I typed the right information...

When trying to download any content in the Content Manager (e.g. Midshire Mainline route) after searching for kuids it displays errors on every kuid (such errors as "Not Archived" and "Unknown Content Error". Attaching photo there so it will be easier to understand my issue.

I tried searching for such issue on trainz forums, but I found nothing that would help me.
Trying Midshire Mainline (v3) a few assets appear as "unknown location" so they will never be downloaded... If they are not on the DS Trainz doesn't know where to look for them.

I bought a new laptop recently and it seems like issue got fixed somehow
Maybe it was something related to the system in-built software and etc.

Back