GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

d4048ba908b4d5453553ec6770792b4f.png

Mostly Dan's meshes, just rearranged and modded by yours truly. Hoping this is the first in a line of custom LE&E rolling stock.

Put some log grapples on it and it would be perfect for a lumber mill.

Thanks! I did actually base part of the arm off of the CAT stationary loaders. I think later on I could do some modifications to make it into a truck mounted log loader or sawmill loader. Thanks for the suggestion.

Great work Ed! Looks fantastic.

@logybear;

I am trying to get back to yourself in regards to my commission request with the drawings, but your private message comes up as 'Unable to receive private messages'. Apologies, I have been tied up with work.

If are able; do contact myself.

Regards,

M.Gitsham

It says he's been banned from the forums....again.

3D modelling now done on the loco. It's now time for some texturing before moving on to the tender...
That looks rather beautiful. Can you provide a close up (side on) of the drivers. I'm particularly interested in the valve rod arrangement. TIA

Model is done!
Textures are done!
Baking is done!
e5de3ce967d9558af1769124039145dc.png

Now if only the textures would export correctly, I only get a black model... :hehe:

Something like this?...

Yes, thanks. The valve gear is very similar to the Walschaerts valve gear on my Big Bertha model. My animation has a slight wobble on the Y shaped connector to the shaft coming out of the piston housing. I used armatures but maybe dummies/lattices (Blender) may have been more precise.

Nice detail.

Yes, thanks. The valve gear is very similar to the Walschaerts valve gear on my Big Bertha model. My animation has a slight wobble on the Y shaped connector to the shaft coming out of the piston housing. I used armatures but maybe dummies/lattices (Blender) may have been more precise.

Nice detail.

I use a combination of both lattices and armatures to control the motion. Some of the lattices are set to stretch to represent the sliding faces, whilst others follow the rotation of the wheels.

Chance, Judging by the name of the file, "Hank the American Engine", Its safe to say it will have a face...

Edit: my guess has been confirmed lol

I got stevelerros K4s, Let me guess though. This will have a face?
why do have to give everyone who likes Thomas a bad attitude? just like you and I prefer American trains, Zelda prefers Thomas content.

not a big deal... if you want to make hank, go ahead and make it.

Here's the issue Karan: the Thomas "franchise", i guess you'd call it, is seen as very juvenile. Most adults, and i say MOST, find it childish.

Here's another thing: there's a whole other FORUM dedicated to Thomas content. My opinion is that if you wanna show off your pastel-colored kids entertainment, do it somewhere else.

Here's the issue Karan: the Thomas "franchise", i guess you'd call it, is seen as very juvenile. Most adults, and i say MOST, find it childish.

Here's another thing: there's a whole other FORUM dedicated to Thomas content. My opinion is that if you wanna show off your pastel-colored kids entertainment, do it somewhere else.
This may be true. However, this is a t-r-a-i-n-z fourm, not just limited to a certain group of trains. Trainz conversation as a whole, including trainzers who like Thomas, is what this fourm is for.

As a great modeler once told me: everyone's gotta start somewhere.

56e070852b738de8d2bce9ad77a01540.png

And as another great modeler just told me, I should probably redo the side grab irons.

Last edited:
Back