GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Catenary switch bungalow for my route.

ATSF854_578060aa90c09.JPG

2016-07-13_200445.jpg

A proper pair of 3 hole disc wheels for UK goods stock (4768 polys). At last after 15 years I needed to do a boolean operation...

Paul

Booleans can be quite handy. Sometimes it seems to me they are the only way to produce an item but they should be used sparingly. To many on the same object and nasty and un-correctable things happen.

Ben (who found out the hard way).

A proper pair of 3 hole disc wheels for UK goods stock (4768 polys). At last after 15 years I needed to do a boolean operation...

Paul

Probably the best-looking disc wheels I've seen yet. Simply out of curiosity, if you hadn't used boolean cuts for your original 3-hole wheels, what did you use? I'm sure Knife Project wasn't around yet, either.

Probably the best-looking disc wheels I've seen yet. Simply out of curiosity, if you hadn't used boolean cuts for your original 3-hole wheels, what did you use? I'm sure Knife Project wasn't around yet, either.

In my opinion the simplest way to simulate the holes of the wheels is a texture with alpha channel in right place, to make them fully transparent.
A few years ago, due the polycount , It was the most practical way in both , MSTS and Trainz .
Another way , more laborious , it is to model three thirds (120 degrees) with their respective semi-holes and attach all together.
29gndq9.png

Mr Hobbs still is one of my best teachers of modelling...

Cheers D.

Last edited:
Old Mineral from the old PC before it tanked, somehow managed to get corrupted in extended time sitting on a flash drive. Lots of missing geometry, it's about time to clean it up.

CoBo.

Last edited:
The NG15 is looking fabulous as ever. I will definately be doing some reskinning, SR Sunshine would look good for a line I have. I am sure the loco will look beautiful and come in an array of more prototypical colours.

Saturnr

Fabulous, that loco has everything I like in Victorian steam, the headlight, pilot, cab, and tender all are so lovely together.

Saturnr

Now I've been told it looks like it can handle the 300psi boiler pressure I intended to use! I have no pic of its new shape because I'm rebaking it, but I do have a pic of the engine and tender before I modded it when I first put it in game as scenic object. Enjoy!!!

-Ben

Last edited:
Hi all,

Here is progress on my latest creation a South African Railways 2ft gauge 91 class. Now to do the bogeys.......

13717964_852367654896363_1565566257_o.jpg

Back