Content Manager - Tips and Tricks (any version)

The best way is to copy the unknown KUIDs one at a time into Google. If you do not get the required assets, start a new thread including the KUIDs.

Shane

I am totally new to train simulator (TS12) I'm beginning to find my way around. One thing I do have a problem with
is the download helper in content manager. I right click on an item on the download page, then click download.
The downloading then starts and after a while it stops downloading, i.e. say from 120 kbs gradually to 0.00kbs.
Is this normal? It takes forever to download an item that way. As a result I stop the download.

Jaap

I am totally new to train simulator (TS12) I'm beginning to find my way around. One thing I do have a problem with
is the download helper in content manager. I right click on an item on the download page, then click download.
The downloading then starts and after a while it stops downloading, i.e. say from 120 kbs gradually to 0.00kbs.
Is this normal? It takes forever to download an item that way. As a result I stop the download.

Jaap
Buying a First Class Ticket will probably help. Download speeds vary depending on time of day, internet congestion, you name it. When you say "download page" I assume you are talking about the items in Content Manager that are marked as being on the Download Station. There is also the the Auran download page, commonly referred to as the "black pages", that you can find at
https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php. Ignore the fact that it shows TRS2004 in the link.

Sorry to be such a newb!
I was gifted a copy of Trainz Simulator MAC. Unfortunately my harddrive went down and it took me some time to get it fixed.
Eventually the Imac was fixed and I tried to load the program.

I got stuck because there is no Product Key. I have an actual DVD disc and according to the Manual the product key is "usually" on the back of the manual - it isn't and I can't find it anywhere in the packaging. I'm not sure what to do now. The product came from Amazon.
Who do I turn to? To quote Derek and Clive.......

Best, Pete.

Sorry but how do I contact the Help Desk? This site is one of the most complicated I've come across - I'm sure that I read somewhere else on here that the Help desk will not give out codes....
Is there anyway of actually emailing someone at N3V?
Thanks for your help, though!
Best, Pete.

There is an email address - auransupport(at)auran.com. Be aware though that this is a lower-priority method. (replace (at) with @)

To get into the main helpdesk pages though, click Helpdesk above then use your forum username and password to log in, then use the Submit a Ticket link - it's probably going to be Planet Auran and Accounts that you will need. The View Tickets feature is there as well so you can keep track of the ticket.

Shane

all righty Howdy everybody and thanks in advance to any responses to this post but my content manager for TS12 absolutely refuses to open, when I start the game the black window pops up and says failed to load content manager. I've deleted and redownloaded the game, I'm going to try resetting it and if that doesn't work then I may permanently delete it.

Welcome to the forums. By the sounds of things, you are using an Intel integrated graphics card, which is a no-no when it comes to later versions of Trainz.

First thing you need to do is to register your TS12 - click Planet Auran above, followed by Serial Number, then fill in the form, making sure that you select your correct version in the first dropdown box.

Secondly, we need some information about your system, especially your graphics card.

Shane

not entirely sure of what I'm using the game works and runs good bt the manager just doesn't want to open, I'm running it on an HP Compaq nc6400 laptop. the weird thing is that railworks performs good without any problems even with pretty full yards.

You will need to check, as Trainz and RW work on different requirements. I have a utility available that can help though (my PC Information Application) - see the thread in my signature for a link.

Shane

No problem - I will do my best to help, but be aware that if you do indeed have an Intel integrated graphics card, this will severely affect what you can do with Trainz.

Shane

I need help downloading new content. No matter what I try (Ingame or Content Manager) My updates only seem to download part of the way, rather it be 1% or 99%, it cant seem to finish the download no matter what! :'( Any Ideas? Ive tried rebuilding database to de-fragmenting my hard drive!!! Please Help!

Welcome to the forums.

If it seems to be stopping at the end and never installing, this is a known issue with Content Manager that hopefully the upcoming Service Pack 1 patch will fix.

Shane

Many people on non-Auran forums say TS12 has a CMP problem, an asset won't open in explorer but redirect to my documents. I am planning to buy TS12 and very concerned about CMP, since I would like to add my content there. Anyone seen this problem or familiar with it, what's the main reason behind it? Is it few individual cases, or is it a common thing in TS12? I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PUT MY OWN CONTENT IN TRAINZ!

Back