Club Car Members - NEW BETA 9/15/12

that is my point lol. there absulutly no rev change at notch 1 :p

I guess I can see with newer engines, notch 1 does have a change, but old emd's, first generation, there was nothing. I often operate on a GE 50-tonner, very similar to the 45 tonner, and the "notch 1" just ingauges the traction motors, with no engine reving until pulled out further.

that is my point lol. there absulutly no rev change at notch 1 :p
Think the point that is being made by him is that, in your post above my first, it was implied that there was an rpm change there. That's the way I read it anyhow.

Wonderful locomotives. They look exactly like they did when I was in PA last year. Excelent work!

Oh, and thanks to Kevin for helping with my Club Car account :)

Scott

Also, forgot to mention. The 12 cylinder 645 in the SW's sounds good, but it sounds as if the "loop" is really short. As in if you sit and listen to it idle, you can hear it repeat. Not just in idle, but up to about notch 3 or 4 as well. I know this is directly related to the beta, but I though worth mentioning.

Keep up the great works guys! And would love to see a cab for the sw

since you guys at Jointed rail are uping the realism may i suggest adding the blown turbo feature? like your on a heavy train and in notch 8 for a while youll get a chance of blowing a turbo and you know it spits fire just a suggestion though i also noticed with the new coupler sounds ive only heard them once

RBNMSwitcher-thinyintheyard.png

They've been working seemlessly so far. They gave me error alerts in CMP at first, but I think that's on my end. I've had that happen before - My copy of Trainz is silly like that.

And I'm loving the new features! The startup/shutdown function is quite neat, and the animated doors and visors are a nice touch. They'll make for great screenshots!

I just wanted to tell you guys I'm loving the startup, shutdown, fuel, and sand. Oh I can't forget about the smoke and sound. I've been playing around for hours and hours with the new RBMN units. You guys just keep making this game better and better. I hope the new dash9's will have all of the new stuff.

Thanks,
Jeff

I love every last one of the new features. They truly add a whole new level of realism to Trainz. I can only test the SD50 because the SD40-2 and SW1500 don't show up ingame. Again the radiator grills don't show correctly from in the cab of the SD50. On a side note, since we already got to test the units, will these be free with the route or will we still need to pay for them?

Love these too. A little detail I've noticed - the ventilation fans seem to mimic sensitivity to the temperature of the engine compartment. From a cold start - no fans running - it takes about 40 seconds for the single fan on the RBMN SD-40 to start. Notch up to Run 3 and it takes about 25 or so. Notch up to 7 or 8 and it might go a little quicker. I'm not quite sure it's consistent, but it's a great effect regardless.

Love these too. A little detail I've noticed - the ventilation fans seem to mimic sensitivity to the temperature of the engine compartment. From a cold start - no fans running - it takes about 40 seconds for the single fan on the RBMN SD-40 to start. Notch up to Run 3 and it takes about 25 or so. Notch up to 7 or 8 and it might go a little quicker. I'm not quite sure it's consistent, but it's a great effect regardless.

Hmm. I had the SW1500 out last night pulling a long jag. I had it between notch 7 and 8 and the fan would start and stop periodically.. You would think at that rpm level, it would be spinning constantly

Cant get these to install into TS2009, when I try to open the CDP, CMP says unable to open. Are these TS12 only also?

Paul

Cant get these to install into TS2009, when I try to open the CDP, CMP says unable to open. Are these TS12 only also?

Paul

No they should not be at this point as all the items within the config are 2.9 which is TS2009 so they should work without issue. Seems like either it didnt fully download or your file is somehow corrupt possibly?

Hmm. I had the SW1500 out last night pulling a long jag. I had it between notch 7 and 8 and the fan would start and stop periodically.. You would think at that rpm level, it would be spinning constantly

I am going to throw my two cents in here; I am going to say no. If you look at an eighteen wheeler for instance pulling a mountain pass with eighty thousand pounds the fan is going to come on at a certain temperature, but when it cools the water in the radiator, it is going to shut off. Just because it is pulling a steep grade at fifty five mph, the fan is not going to stay on the entire time. Therefore, I think the SW1500 is correct when the fan is starting and stopping periodically.:)

Back