Trainz Plus Beta - PC & Steam (PC & Mac) 122127, 122137 & 121971

n3v_laurence

We have a new set of Beta builds for you this weekend. Thank you to all those who have currently tested Trainz Plus and TRS22 Beta. We have a series of builds and some will have MPS Support.

*** These builds DO NOT have prebuilt shaders ***

This will cause the first start up of Trainz Plus to take significantly longer, as will the first viewing of any HD Terrain while the shaders are built on the first run. This is not a bug. Once the shaders have been built, it will no longer need to be rebuilt and Trainz will return to regular loading times.

• Initial long load times
    • Main Menu
    • First Route loading
  • First HD Baseboards viewed (these will appear white/transparent) for several minutes

As usual, we encourage you to try things out with a fresh install first and then work towards more extensive testing using your unique installed content.

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Available Builds:
Trainz Store (PC Only):
Trainz Plus: 122060 to 122127

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream - Requires build 122060. This is a 62 MiB Patch.

Steam (Trainz Plus)
Steam PC Trainz Plus: 122137
Steam Mac Trainz Plus: 121971

For Steam Trainz Plus beta access, go to properties > Betas > Enter beta code “trainzplusbeta1” and click on Check Code. Then select trainzplusbeta from the dropdown listing to update. This is a 10.6GB Download.

Stream Users: Due to new Shader options, you will be prompted with a fresh Trainz Performance Configuration.

IMPORTANT: Default settings have shifted down, old Ultra is now High, and old High is now Medium

Change log from to 122066 to 122127

• Localisation fixes
  • Paste and Undo Water Effect Layer fix
  • Shadow Quality changes
  • MPS Support for HD Terrain

Key Features:

• New HD Grid resolution
  • New Shader Options, Basic, Standard & Extreme
    • Basic is equivalent to old Standard
    • Standard is equivalent to old Ultra
  • New Update Route option
  • Clutter Effect Layer Rework
    • GPU Clutter
  • New Color Tint Effect Layer
  • New User Interfaces
  • Water Effect Layers changes including options for water color
HD Grid:

• 30km draw distance
  • Tessellation ensuring detail up close, reduced detail in the distance
  • Original textures used for mini-map/satellite view (No "Low LOD" textures)
  • Maximum 16 textures per baseboard
  • Minimum 0.125m Radius brush size
  • No baseboard "walls" (extend your terrain indefinitely)
  • Rotation and Scale options for HD Textures
  • Scrapbook support should be good now (please report bugs with detailed steps)
  • Lots of tweaks to parallax and displacement mapping
  • "Add New Baseboard" option
  • "Convert Existing Baseboard to..." option
  • "Upgrade Route" option to automate conversion to HD
    • Converts legacy water to water effect layer (all water will appear 5m below ground surface)
    • Updates all baseboards to HD
    • Checks for the 16 most used textures on each board and replaces other textures with nearby textures (Automatic Handling)

Effect Layers:

• Color Effect Layer type added (S20 & HD Terrain Only)
  • Rework and improvement of Clutter Effects
  • Implementation of GPU Clutter for smoother performance
  • Water Effect Layers now support color changes

User Interface Changes:

• New Driver Properties Window
  • New Driver Settings, Driver location, Player Assignment, Dispatch Status, Command status, Activity log
  • Vehicle Properties Window updated with new properties as per Driver
  • New Driver MiniMap (found in Driver Properties Window)
  • New Driver Palette for S20

Important Information:

• HD Terrain is only editable in S20
  • HD Terrain does not support seamless joins to legacy terrain (so we recommend converting the entire route)
  • HD Terrain is not compatible with Legacy Water
  • Converting from HD Terrain to 5m & 10m will cause some loss of detail
  • Large Copy & Paste operations do not support HD detail
  • Color Effect requires a minimum 5m radius
  • Use Sensitivity % to adjust the rate of update when painting/terraforming
  • New Detail windows and logs
  • Asset naming (previously done via properties) has been moved to Info Palette
  • No TurfFX for Mac

Known Issues:

• The current build has had some optimisation, however there are some known slow operations that will be addressed prior to official release.
  • High resource usage on HD routes
  • Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)
  • DLC packages will report a failure to download precache data. Clicking retry will ignore the error and proceed to complete installation
  • DLC Packages will report a precache assertion error during database rebuild. Select Continue and Ignore Errors
  • MPS is unsupported for Steam Mac Build 121971
  • Water Effect Layer does not work with color from skybox, but instead has its own color options, now allowing for different water colors for each individual Water Effect Layer
  • Potential Deadlock when using Bulk Replace
  • Driver Properties window not correctly updating
  • Digholes appear significantly larger in HD for certain assets (WIP)
  • A Moiré shadow effect on certain textures at mid range LODs when using High & Ultra Shadow settings
  • Mac: Track Path Display can lead to a crash on exit

REMINDER:

** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

Please follow mps-general-chat on the Trainz discord for MPS Beta status

Last edited:
First test results - :Y:

Upgrading my large 10m Grid test route to HD went perfectly - no "Great Walls of HD" cluttering up the landscape on random baseboard boundaries. Well done!

Not to change focus, But have any of the trainz plus routes been updated to HD for testing? I was gonna Install the Plus and do some testing. I have only been using trainz 22 lately. have a great weekend?

Upgraded to build 122127. Went smoothly. Took a little time, as mentioned, to get the first route up and running while the shaders were being rebuilt. I think this build runs more efficiently than previous builds based upon measureing the utilization of both the GPU and CPU. I can now run the shaders on the extreme setting on my older computer without any apparent problems.

I have not found any showstoppers, for me at least, after running some test routes for over 4 hours; both in the surveyor and driver modes. I do not use MPS.

Looking forward to the final release.

tell me, how to transfer the route from the 5 meter grid to HD?

In surveyor select the tools menu (top left of screen). Select Upgrade route and everything will be converted automatically.

Make sure you save the converted route using the "save as" command, so you preserve the original version.
Depending on the size of the route it will take several minutes.

Last edited:
I am having issues with "wait a minute" movement of objects. You move an object/rotate and the it does not move, it hesitates and then moves, sometimes when you move the camera to another location. Also, the deleing of splines, has the same problem. Also, when placing objects especially fixed track objects, they do not appear when placed, they do appear when zooming out with the camera. These appear in larger routes; the issues are with +200mb routes.

An exmple
No-track.jpg

John

Last edited:
In 122127, I sometimes have a hard time selecting a junction lever. When I click on the lever body, the track it is attached to gets selected instead. Changing view angle and moving around sometimes helps, Eventually the lever gets selected but I never know what I did to make that happen. Any hints on how to select it first time, every time?
S2.0 jtn selection.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone having a bug with the ATLS Controllers after build 119450? Ever since upgrading from 119450 to present build, my atls does not work anymore. I get the following in my bug report:

- <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : File controller.gs, Line 161, ER_Exception
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : Script class: controller
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : MeshObject: <kuid2:76656:500010:21> "ATLS CONTROLLER TRS19"
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : Script callstack
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : function $void@controller::Timer(), line 76
- <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : null object at parameter 1 (file world.gs)
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : Script class: controller
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : MeshObject: <kuid2:76656:500010:21> "ATLS CONTROLLER TRS19"
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : Script callstack
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : function $GameObject@World::GetGameObjectByIDIfLoaded(GameObjectID), line -1
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : function $void@controller::Timer(), line 76

Any thoughts on what has happened would be appreciated. Maybe Boat will see this thread and look into it. I've tried replacing the controller in the newest build, but still get the bug.

Last edited:
1. Zoom out the map in Surveyor so that I can see part of map that I want to zoom to.
2. Try to right-click on the
part of map that I want to zoom to.
3. Nothing happens.

Trees in Kickstarter Country 2 (TRS2022) don't look right - appear to be black and white when zoomed out.

In 122127, I sometimes have a hard time selecting a junction lever. When I click on the lever body, the track it is attached to gets selected instead. Changing view angle and moving around sometimes helps, Eventually the lever gets selected but I never know what I did to make that happen. Any hints on how to select it first time, every time?

In Surveyor (S20) use the selection filters in the Asset Palette. See the Trainz Wiki page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_S20_Palettes#The_Assets_Palette

For example:
Set the Asset Filter to Filter Selection
Set the drop-down Filter List to Track Objects OR click the Track Objects icon

Then the eyedropper tool will only be able to click on Track Objects, such as junction levers.

1. Zoom out the map in Surveyor so that I can see part of map that I want to zoom to.
2. Try to right-click on the
part of map that I want to zoom to.
3. Nothing happens.

It is working in Trainz Plus 122127 - although there is now a minor delay in the motion, which is not a smooth when compared to 119450

Back