BART Screenshots

Thanks Ish!

Sorry this project has been stalling--I'm figuring out how to make the bogeys for the cars and it's really been driving me up a wall!

Not to mention modelling stations and stuff--I'm going to lay track and "temporary" stations in the next few days---these will be place-holders until the actual ones are finished.

This will not be a dead project guys! With the end of the semester coming up, I'll have a lot more time to devote to the project!

-A :wave:

P.S. Ish, when are you getting "back in the game"? We've missed your excellent content!

Thanks Ish!

Sorry this project has been stalling--I'm figuring out how to make the bogeys for the cars and it's really been driving me up a wall!

Not to mention modelling stations and stuff--I'm going to lay track and "temporary" stations in the next few days---these will be place-holders until the actual ones are finished.

This will not be a dead project guys! With the end of the semester coming up, I'll have a lot more time to devote to the project!

P.S. Ish, when are you getting "back in the game"? We've missed your excellent content!

Hello A

The great thing about trainz is that it's a hubby, in which, you can put down and then take up at a later time! Take your time with the Bart system! It
is a unique system to trainz, and we will all be there to download when that time comes!

It's hard to say, because I wasn't really turning on the PC except to read e-mails! It's just one of those spells in which you look at the computer sitting at the corner of the living room, and you don't feel like turning it on -- it's still like that, somewhat! I am back now, a bit, tho, just chatting with friends (if you chat please let me know - i use yahoo chat) for an hour or so then back, shutting it down.

As for trainz not doing anything --- I was working with Paulo, in creating a marz project; Which is what I will tackle first when i get back into the game -- I have made some alien structures, 3 rolling stocks for it, with a generator attached, and a cannon (thanks for Paulo for the cannon models and the textures to match), so I am really into that now! It's a really excellent project; But, it will take a long time, etc! ... lots of creativity!!

Anyhow, you take care of yourself, and I'll stop and see what's new on this thread, etc!:wave:

Ishie

Take your time. PLease don't rush. I'm gonna make some metro contents because I wanna give back to the people who worked hard on building subway contents. But I don't know what program to use?!:confused:

Love it!!!! How do you use google sketchup!? I'm trying to make Philadelphia Metro system subway cars?

You need the pro version of sketchup in order to produce 3ds models for trainz. Other than that, using skecthup is easy once you get the hang of it.

And another Philadelphia Trainzer? Wow, I guess i'm not the only one... :hehe:

@acelejalde, those are NICE, BRO!

Just posting some eye candy of the BART C-car. I've recently completed the cab and cut out the doors and windows. I'm working on the bogeys/trucks and interior next, then cloning it twice to make the B-cars and open-ended/mid-train C-cars.

It feels good to work on BART again! Now, onto the route building/station creating!

Front Cab View
C-Car1-1.jpg

Side View
C-Car2-2.jpg

Interior
C-Car3-2.jpg

Cab Panel
C-Car4-1.jpg

Left Door Panel
C-Car5.jpg

Operator's Panel
C-Car6.jpg

Enjoy!

i was wondering, did you make the side skins or did you get those from photos?

i was wondering, did you make the side skins or did you get those from photos?

I got them from side-car photos. I traced around the windows and doors on the photos and "cut them out", which is the best way to go in my opinion.

also, what is your bogey making process, i am doing this for the Metro Blue Line cars I am making in Sketch Up

That's what I'm currently stuck on. I have all of the measurements of the wheels and trucks, but I have no bogey pictures--I have to ask my two BART contacts for pictures.

Pretty much all three types of cars (A, B, C/C2) are done, minus interiors and bogeys. (And the interior cab).

Wow, this work looks amazing!

Well done OP, nice to see some quality new subway related content being made...

Thank you!

A little update:

2012 has been a busy year for me so far with work and school, and I've decided to have my three main projects on a rotating basis. As you may recall, I spent Nov-Dec working on the Lex Av line of NYCTA, and all of January working on the Phoenix METRO line. I haven't forgotten about BART in the least. I'm going to get back into BART currently, now that I have the tunnel & tube mileposts completed and in-game. Also, thanks to streadway's awesome script used for his highway signs, I might go back and incorporate that into some BART signs and make one certain sign have texture & mesh replacements instead of many different types. (i.e. an outside sign can be a yellow square, yellow diamond, white square, etc). That comes much later.

The entire Dublin line is finished sans scenery, and I'm currently working on a set of freeways for this. I'll be using the Dublin line stations as placeholders while I build the entire A-line. I'm starting tonight and will provide updates throughout the weekend. I figure it will be better to use placeholder stations and build an entire line and replace the stations later, since building each individual station takes hours. (I might use a base model for several stations that are similar since making 44 separate stations is sorta silly!)

Thanks for hanging in there guys, I really appreciate the patience!

Hey All--

The Dublin is completed in its entirety, minus scenery. All the tracks, signals and stations are laid, though I'm missing a few signs that I had to re-do. The A-line (Lake Merritt to Fremont) is done where it feeds the Dublin branch; going from Bay Fair (the last station before the Dublin line swings east), I've gotten one station out in either direction: San Leandro to the north and Hayward to the south. I'm using the Castro Valley station as a place holder, so when I start posting pictures of the elevated portions, you'll notice the same station--those will get replaced midway through the route--those bad boys take a day or two to make, and I'd rather not stall route building for the sake of stations.

Anyway, here are some pics, credit for the amazing signs goes to Streadway. His freeways are placeholders as well--I'll be importing mine into the game soon.

Along I-580:
DublinLine03.jpg

DublinLine02.jpg

DublinLine01.jpg

On the A-line south of Bay Fair, looking north:
DublinLine04.jpg

Track on the Right comes from Dublin:
DublinLine05.jpg

North still, MoW crossing #14. From left to right: s/b track, pocket, n/b track, storage track, MoW spur.
DublinLine06.jpg

Dublin tunnels, looking south. Trains to Dublin swing over the mainline, trains from Dublin come in at a lower elevation.
DublinLine07.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
New Freeways Set

They're assets made by MPatche, who is a supervisor and one of my BART contacts. He lent them to me to test out the route (although I have to make wide gauge bogeys).Below is just a little preview of the freeway splines I'm working on; most freeways in major cities have 3 to 6 lanes in each direction, and my new set will reflect that in both divided highway sets (what you see below is a 6-lane divided highway), and full freeway sets (with nothing but a barrier between them). You'll be able to make 14-lane highways with these. I've also been doing a lot of driving lately, and looking at Google Earth around the Bay Area to get ideas for interchanges, exit ramps, etc that could be useful for others doing major city layouts similar to Phoenix, LA, San Francisco, NYC, etc.Anyway, here's the pic. I might re-do streadway's supports to fit my wider freeways, as you can see the middle pole right in the middle of the freeway:
DublinLine08.jpg
Thanks, and enjoy! More to come this week!-A :wave:

A Video!

First of many video updates:

A short run from Bay Fair to Castro Valley:

Enjoy!

Last edited:
First the freeway, now a video of bart! Acelejalde why are you such a genius ;) . This is awesome B) Keep up the mindblowing work my friend :)

Hayward Yard

Hey All!

Just wanted to post some pictures of my updated progress. Not a lot has been going on since finals are approaching fast! However, I managed to connect the South Hayward portion of the route to the beginnings of the Hayward Yard. That means that on the "A" Line, trackwork is complete from San Leandro (MP 8.30) to the end of the northbound transfer tracks in Hayward Yard (~MP 18.2); and of course, the entire Dublin line is completed (MP 11.0-24.83).

Below are some shots--because of frame-rate lag (must re-do these tracks soon!) I was only able to get the north transfer tracks, part of the "throat" and storage tracks 10-15 done. I could have gotten more done, but waiting for the splines to show up was starting to give me headaches.

Hayward "shell" station
HaywardShell.jpg

South Hayward "shell"
S-HayShell.jpg

Hayward Test track (looking north towards Oakland)
HTTEnd.jpg

Hayward Yard A75 entrance (from the north)
OHYEntranceA75.jpg

Storage Tracks & Spare Trains
OHYStorage1.jpg

OHYStorage2.jpg

Enjoy!

Oooh! And a new video of course:

Last edited:
Back