BART Screenshots

Incredible job there ! That station looks outstanding ! Keep up the awesome work there !

Patience people, it will be released when it's done and no this is not a Duke Nukem Forever timeline :p

I haven't decided yet. Probably a short shuttle route, either between SFO & Millbrae, Daly City-Colma, or Dublin to Bay Fair. The cars are still a ways off--I'm using someone else's beta cars, and the measurements are off. Once I finish my cars, then I will look at releasing a beta.

Hey A,

Looking forward to seeing the car, etc ... Jaleel made a couple a long time ago, and since that time there haven't been anything done with the Bart system! You're the first, and I applause you on that super project!

A suggestions if I may -- (if you have already plan on doing a route) ... don't release the piece til the route is complete ... then make a super announcement! It doesn't matter if it takes a few years, LOL .. A ... take your time ... I feel such a whole package can really give the comunity a huge impact!

Well done, and get some sleep too! :wave:

Ishie

Last edited:
I agree ish, i've seen that happen with so many good games where they'll show to many teasers or release little content and people will be impatient and utterly annoying about it. Plus, I also think this is going to be a brilliant addition, I don't know anything about BART, so this'll be really cool! I hope you
Eric :)

I've spent the last few weeks working on NYCTA content, but I will be getting back into BART very very soon. I just finished detailing open and closed ended C-cars, and will be working on the interiors soon.

WOW this is sweet...

hello, I am making a subway route too, and it would be great if you could put these tracks on the dls.

thank you!!!

john

I always heard that the wide gauge came after fears that winds around the bay would cause the cars (which were made of aluminum) to be blown from the track if they didn't have a wider gauge.

I always heard that the wide gauge came after fears that winds around the bay would cause the cars (which were made of aluminum) to be blown from the track if they didn't have a wider gauge.
Your partially correct. The original proposal for the Bart system included BART crossing over the Golden Gate Bridge. The concern was that the high winds over the Gate would blow the trains off the track. When they finally decided on the 5' 6" gauge to combat that potential problem and had most of the first order of cars and ties ready the Golden Gate idea was abandoned. Instead of shipping back what they had on hand already they decided just to stick with the broad gauge.

I'm really liking the looks of the custom content you've made so fare. Keep up the great work.

Bill

hello, I am making a subway route too, and it would be great if you could put these tracks on the dls.

thank you!!!

john

None of my content will be hosted on the DLS. I will be posting cdp files on mediafire and supplying the links when content becomes available. Also, if your subway route is broad gauge, then my tracks work for you. If it's standard gauge, then they wouldn't work, since there are no railcars available anywhere, to my knowledge, that run on 5'6" track.

Your partially correct. The original proposal for the Bart system included BART crossing over the Golden Gate Bridge. The concern was that the high winds over the Gate would blow the trains off the track. When they finally decided on the 5' 6" gauge to combat that potential problem and had most of the first order of cars and ties ready the Golden Gate idea was abandoned. Instead of shipping back what they had on hand already they decided just to stick with the broad gauge.

I'm really liking the looks of the custom content you've made so fare. Keep up the great work.

Bill

Thanks Bill for the kind words. I had completely forgotten about the GG Bridge idea. Also, a friend of mine who works at BART said that broad gauge was also better for a smoother ride, and also to withstand an earthquake (BART sustained little to no damage in the 1989 quake). Currently, they are in the middle of a decades-long project to retrofit vulnerable areas on the system that could be subject to damage (mostly the TT Tube, Berkeley Hills Tunnel and all of the aerial trackage).

I am starting up on BART content again later this week and will post shots.

-A :wave:

None of my content will be hosted on the DLS. I will be posting cdp files on mediafire and supplying the links when content becomes available. Also, if your subway route is broad gauge, then my tracks work for you. If it's standard gauge, then they wouldn't work, since there are no railcars available anywhere, to my knowledge, that run on 5'6" track.

Thanks Bill for the kind words. I had completely forgotten about the GG Bridge idea. Also, a friend of mine who works at BART said that broad gauge was also better for a smoother ride, and also to withstand an earthquake (BART sustained little to no damage in the 1989 quake). Currently, they are in the middle of a decades-long project to retrofit vulnerable areas on the system that could be subject to damage (mostly the TT Tube, Berkeley Hills Tunnel and all of the aerial trackage).

I am starting up on BART content again later this week and will post shots.

How is your BART Project coming along

How is your BART Project coming along

This looks good I like the Bart Trains your making.:cool:

So far the project is coming alone well. Just finishing up the West Dublin Station before completing the Blue line branch. Lots of measuring to be done, so I can only sit for an hour or so at a time because all the rulers and such hurt my eyes. I will post pictures soon of the progress. Beware, there is no scenery yet, but I'm afraid I will have to make my own custom freeway splines as well. More content oh joy :hehe:

Apologies!

Hello everyone,

My apologies to everyone who has been waiting patiently for updates on the BART content. I have been having file transfer problems with my current USB flash drive, so I haven't been able to transfer newer creations here on the laptop to the desktop. Running TS09/10 is a real challenge, even for my laptop (which has above average graphics), so usually I build content on the laptop, and transfer over to the desktop for use.

I have to buy a new flash drive or get an external hard drive because I've noticed that my sketchup files, cdp files and content folders refuse to open on the desktop when using said USB drive. It's fairly frustrating.

Not everything is lost, these are just a few updates. But let me let everyone know how things are going:

I am very very close to completing the C-car and having it ready to be put in game. Is anyone here an expert on modelling rolling stock and setting up the config file? I could REALLY use the help as this is my very first time!

NYCTA has unfortunately been taking up a lot of my time, but I'm waiting for three books of single-line signal diagrams for the entire system to arrive by mail before resuming that project. In the meantime---BART it shall be!

Don't worry--this will not become a "dead-ware" project that sits idle after a promising start and then slowly dies. I have a life outside of Trainz, and sometimes despite my best efforts to "pump" myself up, I find myself too tired from work/etc to even to the simplest modelling.

Thanks for the understanding!

I am very very close to completing the C-car and having it ready to be put in game. Is anyone here an expert on modelling rolling stock and setting up the config file? I could REALLY use the help as this is my very first time!

Hi. I see that you are having trouble with it. Maybe I can help with the traincars and make the config too! I'll help you start with the train cars. While I wait for ivantr to finish the MP36 that he'll help me with. Ill make the bart cars to make the time fasts.

~Mikey

Last edited:
BART C-Car

Just posting some eye candy of the BART C-car. I've recently completed the cab and cut out the doors and windows. I'm working on the bogeys/trucks and interior next, then cloning it twice to make the B-cars and open-ended/mid-train C-cars.

It feels good to work on BART again! Now, onto the route building/station creating!

Front Cab View
C-Car1-1.jpg

Side View
C-Car2-2.jpg

Interior
C-Car3-2.jpg

Cab Panel
C-Car4-1.jpg

Left Door Panel
C-Car5.jpg

Operator's Panel
C-Car6.jpg

Enjoy!

West Dublin Station

Here are some shots of the newest BART station, West Dublin, which opened sometime in mid- to late-2010. Modelling this one took a few days--but thanks to Google Earth--finally got it down! So that makes the entire L line completed from the junction at A57 to the end of the storage tracks. Mileposts and other signs/signals have been laid for the entire area. Now, it's time to move north, from Bay Fair to the A05 interlocking. I'll be laying track along the entire area and then adding the stations later.

Track Bumper Block
TrackBumper.jpg

West Dublin Station
WestDublin04.jpg
WestDublin03.jpg
WestDublin02.jpg
WestDublin01.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Just posting some eye candy of the BART C-car. I've recently completed the cab and cut out the doors and windows. I'm working on the bogeys/trucks and interior next, then cloning it twice to make the B-cars and open-ended/mid-train C-cars.

It feels good to work on BART again! Now, onto the route building/station creating!

Front Cab View
C-Car1-1.jpg

Side View
C-Car2-2.jpg

Interior
C-Car3-2.jpg

Cab Panel
C-Car4-1.jpg

Left Door Panel
C-Car5.jpg

Operator's Panel
C-Car6.jpg

Enjoy!

Love it!!!! How do you use google sketchup!? I'm trying to make Philadelphia Metro system subway cars?

Back