BART Screenshots

Amazing work! I just saw that video of your on the purple line, which is great! It sounds just like the Bart trains i grew up riding, right down to the bogey's squealing like a banshee while going around a curve! I cannot wait until this is done!

Some shots of various signals around the system. Testing is done for all signal types found on the current BART system as of October 1; these include:

-Unilens types (found from Colma to Millbrae, Concord to Bay Point, and the entire Dublin line)
-Original style multi headed signals (found between Daly City-Colma, Millbrae tailtracks, some parts of the Dublin & Antioch lines)
-New style multi headed signals (no oval lens bodies)-- found at the SFO wye, some parts of the A-line to Fremont, and along eBART
-New style "skinny" signals- these are found only on the San Jose extension. They're modeled after the VTA light rail signals--tall for normal direction and short for reverse running.
-Arrow & Directional signals (found at the Oakland Wye, MacArthur split [arrows], and Bay Fair/Millbrae [alpha directionals])

Remind me why BART needs five different signal types? :LOL:

^ A05 "Repeater" arrow. This mirrors the aspect indication in the third picture. This shows the TO the direction of the switch before entering the subway. If it's incorrect, they have an opportunity to radio for a realignment.

The above and below aspects both show the indication of the switch at A05-211; green is for normal direction and yellow is for reverse-running. Outside of three switches in the wye, these signals only exist at the MacArthur split. As recently as 2016, two remained at Embarcadero in San Francisco, in the southbound direction (green for normal M1 track and yellow for reverse-running M2). As of 10/2023, both of these signals have been removed.

"Old styles" signals on a portion of my test route; this is modeled after the real life M87 interlocking north of Daly City station.

More test shots with a not normally seen lunar aspect. This is now mostly used in the yard when making/breaking consists. Now that the Legacy Fleet is officially retired and Bombardier has a bug in the system that prevents consists from being made/broken apart on the mainline, you won't see a lunar aspect at terminal stations anymore. Part of the fun of the old fleet was hoping to catch a make/break @ Fremont, Daly City, Millbrae, SFO, or Bay Point.

Testing a "tunnel" version of a unilens

Alpha indicators @ Millbrae station. "Y" denotes the SFO Airport spur; the bottom light would display a "W" if the switch down the line was aligned for San Bruno instead.

Hope y'all enjoy! I just bought and installed TRS '22 with Surveyor 2.0--and there are so many cool things you can do with trackside assets that'll significantly cut down the amount of assets needed on a route. For example, I have three different types of unilens signals: normal wayside, tunnel (as seen above, raised and hidden into the tunnel wall), and narrow, which hugs the wall where there are no walkways. Now in S2.0, I can place one unilens signal, and reposition it along any of the three axes which eliminates the need for separate tunnel and narrow versions. This is exciting! The more I fiddle around with it and watch tutorial videos, the more I'll post here. Flashing coronas are back in the game thanks to a script breakthrough, and the project is moving along at full speed!

If anyone is still interested in helping, and beta testing (calling you Bay Area fans!), please shoot me a PM.

-A 👋

Last edited:
I am glad someone is still making subway stuff for trainz 19. Got the game on sell and still having fun working on a NYC subway. Keep the good work.
Gonna be upgrading the signals for '19, and '22. I'll be putting them through a rigorous test with my dev team before linking the downloads.

Amazing work! I just saw that video of your on the purple line, which is great! It sounds just like the Bart trains i grew up riding, right down to the bogey's squealing like a banshee while going around a curve! I cannot wait until this is done!
Super delayed reply (so sorry!), but thank you. If you subscribe to the YT channel, you'll see real-life front cab videos of the system as well as all of the future updates for the project.

I have not ridden on BART since the early 1990s. From what I see, it looks like you have captured the way it looks in real life, to me.
Good job!

I have not ridden on BART since the early 1990s. From what I see, it looks like you have captured the way it looks in real life, to me.
Good job!
Thank you! Any particular area from your memories you’d want to see? I have two routes right now. Everything I’ve been posting the last few years is from “v1” which is accurate to a degree but the Oakland Wye is misaligned and not accurate. My “v2” route where I showed off the arrow signals is starting from the wye to get it accurate to W Oak, MacArthur, and Lake Merritt then I’ll merge other portions of v1 with it. I have the grades and curves from self taken videos and other maps so hopefully it all comes together nicely. Surveyor 2.0 is a godsend.

Back