BART Screenshots

Elevated Bridges complete!

Just wanted to update everyone on the progress of the content pack! All of the elevated bridges have been finished! Thanks 3ds max for the ease---and to a very special contact within BART (who is on these forums) who shall remain anonymous who gave me the BART documents necessary to get this project going!

So without further ado....

1 Track Bridges:

Depressed Walkway-
1TDepressed.jpg

1TDepressedno3rd.jpg

Raised Walkway-
1TRaised.jpg

1TRaisedno3rd.jpg

Handrail-
1THandrail.jpg

1THandrailno3rd.jpg

No Walkway-
1Twith3rd.jpg

1Tno3rd.jpg

2 Track Bridges:

Raised Walkway-
2TDepressed.jpg

Depressed Walkway-
2TRaised.jpg

Continued below

Last edited:
Bridges Update Continued

3 Track Bridge with Handrails:
3THandrail.jpg

The single track bridges are the kind "track" making them easier to use for interlockings, and the 2 & 3 track models are the kind "bridge" with trackoffsets, that way they can be easily connected to the single-track models. Being still somewhat new at content creation, the above distinctions between "track" and "bridge" took a few hours to figure out! :hehe:

@bnsf50: I am looking at new fence textures for the fence tracks because I don't like the one I'm currently using.

I will start on the old style tunnels later today, and model the 4 downtown San Francisco stations, and the West Oakland station. By Friday, I would like to have a working starter route between West Oakland and Civic Center! :D

Thanks for all the support guys--seeing as this is my first route that is going to be released, I hope to make you all proud and impressed!

-A :wave:

The BART system. Very nice !

I'm thinking about starting a Bay Area route too.

The Fremont Area Rapid Transit (FART).

Then you are going to have to be careful of the commuters storming away in disgust due to stinking FART trains. :eek:

Regards.

or making fun of there looks...fremont area transit (FAT)....but seriously acelejalde your creations increase exponentially the more you create and it's amazing what you come up with!

South Hamptons Area Rapid Transit(SHART)?

Lookin' good Ace, look forward to all of this being released :)

Thanks to everyone for their continued kind words and encouragement. I know everyone is itching to see some stations, but i wanted to get all of the tracks done first. My BART contact made some BART cars that I am using on the route until I get mine built. Also, i wanted to ask if anyone is doing the regular rail lines in the east bay that parallel BART service? Perhaps we can collaborate when I build that portion.

And finally, the use of invisible signals and the static block rule have helped me perfect the fhnction of bart signals, since there is no block system like in new York.

More shots to come tonight.

I would forget about the FART idea if I were you. You are likely to here from the Fremont Amateur Radio Transmitter Society lawyers.

I would forget about the FART idea if I were you. You are likely to here from the Fremont Amateur Radio Transmitter Society lawyers.

Thanks for the heads up.

Being that I have scheduled stops in such communities as East San Jose, Alviso, Milpitas, East Oakland, Newark and....yes........Union City..... I believe I should also have a right to use this acronym due to the accuracy and appropriateness of the definition.

Last edited:
First Station!

WIP update--after getting in all of the gate signs (I decided to make them easier, without a script), I have started on the mainline stations. Given the detail, this will be the longest (and most arduous) part of the project. For now, I have decided to only model the 4 stations nearest to the "Core", or the center of the System. These are Oakland-12th St, Oakland 19th St, West Oakland & Lake Merritt. The following are two shots of Oakland-12th St--I have the basic shell and a few textures. Of course it will look wayyyy better once it's actually finished!

Lower Level (southbound)
Oak-12th_01.jpg

Upper Levels (northbound)
Oak-12th_02.jpg

Enjoy!

Platform Destination Signs

Modeled the BART Platform Destination signs, and have created textures for all of the stations listed in the Train Operator Manual list, including ones with the prefix "San Francisco" added, as well as a texture library for special displays, and all the car lengths, from 3 to 10 cars. Not sure how I will get this to function in game via a texture library, but enjoy for now!

Typical sign found for the SFO line, prior to reaching Embarcadero Station:
PlatformSign01.jpg

Found on the Dublin line, starting at Balboa Park:
PlatformSign02.jpg

An oddball--you never know, it could happen since they have programs for all stations. I'm gonna say this is a Richmond-Fremont train that broke down, and had to be cleared:
PlatformSign03.jpg

Outta Service, don't get on!
PlatformSign04.jpg

Hope you like 'em!

To acelejalde:

You are mostly trying to get the names to change as the trains goes to there travel area? and great looking Signs. Looks like a Transit hub were you catch your trains at.

Impressive work there A -- I think you're found your calling! :hehe:

Can't wait to see a route of out these pieces, and in train cars in action!:wave:

Ishie

Wow....

Very impressive signs...I looked at those and then looked at the real ones and they're pretty much a perfect match ;) . Good luck with all the rest and I can't wait to see such an excellent progression of time with your work!
Eric :)
P.S. - Don't give up.

Station is practically complete!

The Oakland City Center/12th St BART station is 99% complete! After working on it for four days, here it is! The only things that need to be added are minor exit signs near some stairwells, and the lights. So, pretty much it's done and I'd like to share it with you. This was really really hard to do, so I am super proud of it! Also, I threw in a lot of tongue-in-cheek ads for the trackside billboards that I hope everyone enjoys--it's hard work, but at the end of it, we have to laugh too! :hehe:

First set of pictures:

Upper Level Platforms (northbound)
Oak-12th03.jpg

Lower Level Platform (southbound)
Oak-12th04.jpg

Mezzanine View
Oak-12th05.jpg

Staircase to Lower Level
Oak-12th06.jpg

Ad Set 1
Oak-Ads1.jpg

Ad Set 2
Oak-Ads2.jpg

More in next post!

More Ads at 12th St

Continuation of the ads @ 12th St:

Ad Set 3
Oak-Ads3.jpg

Ad Set 4
Oak-Ads4.jpg

Ad Set 5
Oak-Ads5.jpg

Ad Set 6
Oak-Ads6.jpg

Ad Set 7
Oak-Ads7.jpg

And my personal favorite....
Oak-Ads8.jpg

I hope you all enjoy and get a laugh out of them. NO flaming this thread b/c of different political views and what not. I included the billboards not as any sort of declaration or affiliation--more just poking fun and the hilarity of the world. That's all--so relax a little and laugh :D '

More screens to come soon--going to start working on Lake Merritt Station next. 19th St is just a carbon copy of 12th but with blue bricks, so I consider it completed already.

Hi A,

You should be proud -- very impressive work, there's no double there! These pieces certainly will be use and abuse from layout makers time and time again!

A big huge hand for Mr. A!!! Well done!!!

:p :p :p :p :p

Ishie

I will be working on the BART cars once almost everything else is done. In addition to all of the stations, there are still signs, tracks, signals, etc to be done.

I have another friend who is working with me on the cars as well, so that should speed things up.

@Bolivar: the escalators won't be animated. I think they're fine right now :hehe:

Back