Australian screenshots

DEM?? Please explain, & how would DEM make routes more realistic?

DEM=Digital Elevated Map (correct me if I'm wrong), in other words it applies realistic topographic data to Trainz maps.

I totally understand Electro, I'll be waiting for them though as I would like to use a set on my soon to be started South Gippsland line.

EDIT: 'soon to be started South Gippsland line'

Last edited:
DEM=Digital Elevated Map (correct me if I'm wrong), in other words it applies realistic topographic data to Trainz maps.

I totally understand Electro, I'll be waiting for them though as I would like to use a set on my soon South Gippsland line.
Hi Stefan, it's actually Digital Elevation Model and yes it does make for more realistic terrain. But, if it's incorrect it makes for hard work to bring it back to something near what it should be. On the route I am currently making (Cootamundra to Violet Town) the elevations are very far off what they should be between Ettamogah and Culcairn, the rest seems fine though.
By the way, how is your South Gippsland line going? Maybe you could post some screenshots. I find posting screenshots to be a good way to error check parts of my route, as I can pick out faults and work out better ways to do scenery. Eg. the shed track at Ettamogah needed a smooth spline applied and if it wasn't for taking a screenshot, it would still be wonky.
cheers,
Graeme

Oh yes, thanks for correcting me. I first decided to do the South Gippy line without any DEM data, I managed to get from Leongatha to Southern Cross (a good 4 months of work), but now I have come to the conclusion that I'll wait for Jerker to finish the South Gippy Line DEM, and as soon as I get the DEM I will have fast progress on the line. But I've been working on something else, the Wonthaggi Line. I've also have had the same problem as well, the ground level from Kilcunda to Anderson is somewhat incorrect, though DEM's will always need tweaking. May I also say that I have had great progress on the Woni Line, and now that school holidays have come around I will certainly get even more work done on it, I will let you all see my progress very soon.

Last edited:
de4d0838589b61ed8cd4fdd040724bb0.png

Finally settled on a decent road system. Happy with just how close to Melbourne's roads they look.

Hi All

Some more teaseing from me :)

3000 class being retested around holding yard.

more testing of the 3000 class.

3000 class and 501.

501 and 3000.

Front to back 2x3100 class poxbox's, 2x3000 class poxbox's,

A 3 car set of 2100,2000,2100 class ( Jumbo's, Super Chook's )

and S.A.R. 710 class Steam waiting at the Station.

3000 class and 3 Jumbo car set heaed out towards Mount Lofty Past 501.

3000 class headed in to the yard's.

3 car set of Jumbo's headed past the yards in to the station.

Last edited:
More

3 car set of Jumbo's headed past the yards in to the station.

3 car set of Jumbo's seeing 705-702 class hauling limestone.

3 car set of Jumbo's passing S.A.R. 750 class waiting for boarding.

OK i have change to thumbnails

Poul :)

Last edited:
Jamie: I'm loving that route, great track work and road system.

Electro: What a tease, just try to not fill up a page with your screenshots. :hehe:

Okay now to me. Yes I know this is screenshot thread, but with great trouble I have failed to find somewhere for help. So I'll get to the question now, how do I change what cars are in Trainz's traffic?
I put this here because it gives screenshots a realistic aesthetic feel...

Thanks

Electro: What a tease, just try to not fill up a page with your screenshots. :hehe:

Okay now to me. Yes I know this is screenshot thread, but with great trouble I have failed to find somewhere for help. So I'll get to the question now, how do I change what cars are in Trainz's traffic?

Thanks

Edit Route: Region. I use Zec's modern traffic asset most of the time, despite the Delorean. Really hoping he upgraded that with taxis and Matt's Divvy van one day.

You select a group of cars (region) rather than the actual cars themselves, unfortunately.

I would love to have separate regions spawned on a route: industrial, taxi dominated, different amounts of traffic etc.

Thanks
Hey Stefan, have a look at the Trainz Wiki. http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Add_Carz_Traffic_to_a_Route

It is a screenshots forum page after all and I don't think it's up to you to play forum police, leave that to the moderators. You've already helped to stop one person posting and there are few enough of us as it is. I like looking at screenshots from everyone. So what if they weren't great shots or looked a bit basic, it may be all they are capable of with TS2010. I think it's a bit rich coming from someone who hardly ever posts a screenshot themselves. Personally, I'd like to post every shot I take but I limit myself to a few out of consideration for others on here, although I've never seen a rule that says there is a 2 shot limit.
cheers
Graeme

Firstly don't blame me because someone has stopped posting, there could be a possibility that they have had something occur to them, limiting them to not to be able to post, after all it's the holidays.

Secondly I suggested to post fewer images, not making a 'rule' to only post 2, the comment was a suggestion, not an attack.

Thirdly I said that I was going to post screenshots when I got a chance but to my disadvantage I can't because of family issues right now. Please don't make assumptions for why I'm not posting screenshots.

Fourthly I apologise if I offended anyone, it is sometimes difficult to read what people are posting on online forums/social media, I should've worded the post in a more understandable way.

Also I'm sorry if this makes no sense and is just me taking it further then it should go.

Last edited:
Hey Stefan, have a look at the Trainz Wiki. http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Add_Carz_Traffic_to_a_Route

It is a screenshots forum page after all and I don't think it's up to you to play forum police, leave that to the moderators. You've already helped to stop one person posting and there are few enough of us as it is. I like looking at screenshots from everyone. So what if they weren't great shots or looked a bit basic, it may be all they are capable of with TS2010. I think it's a bit rich coming from someone who hardly ever posts a screenshot themselves. Personally, I'd like to post every shot I take but I limit myself to a few out of consideration for others on here, although I've never seen a rule that says there is a 2 shot limit.
cheers
Graeme

Very true Graeme, It is good seeing screenshots, and you do have to restrict yourself from putting a lot up in a go. I was frustrated to scroll through 12 images from the same user which looked like very similar shots just to see other posts as well.
Then see the exact same in their own thread. If that was me I would put a few in here and then link the thread to the post.
If you don't have a thread then chuck as many here as possible :D

Nice work on your route as well by the way. Good to see the Y Class looking at home there!

Testing out Tom's brilliant VL, it heads out of Lambley light engine :

Cheers
David

'Allo peoples, See some old and a lot of new names on the Aussie Screenshot forum :)

After a long hiatus from Trainz I am finally back. The world has finally had enough of sending me to places I don't want to be and am in retirement mode. So now once again I can get back to something I enjoyed Trainz, and with getting TANE from a good friend I have ported my route of a few years I have been tinkering with into TANE which runs even smoother than in Trainz 2012 /happycamper. So with some adjustment since Pofig's great Speedtrees no longer work, I am currently replacing all of those with other speedtree models and hopefully whip up a few sessions and finally get this beast uploaded to the DLS. All content in my route is on the DLS of built into Trainz.

Port Levendale - Fictional Aussie Themed Route (Name will change on full release) TANE Version. 144 K's of point to point trackworks, with 5 branchlines, multiple working industries and more headaches than I cared for building it. But it has been a labor of love as well, and can not wait to finally get it out and into the world of Trainz. :)

Small pic of Port Levendale Station remodeled with new speedtree's (I so miss Pofig's tree's there were awesome)

Cheers

Trent

G'day again,
Sorry if I upset you Stefan, that wasn't the object of that "getting it off my chest" moment and I do agree that multiple posts of the same thing, zoomed in and out, can be annoying. Ron still posts, just not as many and not here. Sorry to hear that you are having family issues hope you can resolve that, they're usually not pleasant.
Thanks David, the Y goes well with the new shed that Mick made for the freight hub. The route is a huge task and sometimes I feel I might have bitten off more than I can chew, but it will be worth it when it's done. If I'm still not working full time, the plan is to have it somewhere close to complete by the end of the year. Tom's new VL looks great in that shot.
Trent, have a look at ST_RMM speedtrees, really good variety and great looking and those starting with Roys on the DLS which are pofig conversions to TANE. Port Levendale looks great and I know what you mean by route building headaches.

Getting into the suburbs of Albury now and starting to move slowly south with texturing. Still have some "earthmoving" to do heading north.
5c553ec73118ea27b7c54a55a84cd193.jpg

5da5ebb323438637bf0214bac415b9f8.jpg

cheers
Graeme

hay electro whose 442 do the 700's skin fit on - would love to work with you on a 700

Hi Dave

The 700 class's belong to sarail, I am not sure how he did them.

My Atemped at them failed :(

AN

G&W

SAR

SAR Mustard Pot

and my atemps so i gave up on them.

AN

Mustard Pot

I Do have a set of plans if you and Pete want them ? ? .

Poul

Last edited:
Fantastic shots Graeme and David: Your texturing is top notch Graeme

Trent: So glad to see Point Levendale in its entirety. The 2 board version is great, but I can't exactly have a run on it :p

@south aus blokes: Azervich is doing a 700 class.

700_zpsk9pcuvsh.png

Jamie

Last edited:
Back