Australian screenshots

2016-06-22%20120030_zpsvfksnvj1.jpg

Off to to do some high speed route testing
2016-06-22%20120116_zpsbpqfvqav.jpg

2016-06-22%20120432_zpseifpmyou.jpg

Morning All,

This is a just a general question; perhaps if Zec can interlude. I hold meshes from certain deceased Trainzers that were given to myself, and content. I am wishing to release reskins and models but I am not sure about the situation when a user has given permission but is now deceased and no longer on Trainz. Do I retain their ID or use my own with credit to them?

If someone can offer a clarification as I am unsure of the matter and do not wish to do wrong.

That depends on what agreement was given when you were given the meshes. If no agreement was made for release, then you still cannot release it without permission their family (or more specifically, their estate).

If agreement was made for you to release under your username, then this is the best way to go.

If agreement was made for them to release any assets under their UserID, then unless they provided you with their login details, you cannot release it onto the DLS under their userID. You could /maybe/ release onto a 3rd party website with the assets retaining their UserID. But only if they permitted it being released on 3rd party sites.

Regards
Zec

P.S. I'm glad some found the filter list helpful. As an addition, my method of texturing is to pick a 'base' texture of the general colour I want. I then paint a large section of the map with this one texture (no rotation applied either, but scale set to minimum). From there, I 'dab' (single click) or 'streak' (hold mouse, and move at various speeds across the map in short lines) various textures over this base colour. I generally try to cover about 75-90% of the base texture with other textures, or the same texture at a different orientation.

Minimal 'rotation spam' (holding [ or ] to constantly rotate the textures) is required, as you are creating the random patterns through using a variety of textures. It does take some trial and error to get it how you want though.

the Ipswich to Boonah-Dugandan Fassifern branch railway

towards Churchbank

lots of fields on the way to Churchbank

towards Churchbank

oops a broken plough

fixing, fixing towards Churchbank

towards Churchbank

A Newcastle bound Endeavour makes a scheduled stop at Hexham, the only station between Newcastle and Maitland designated as a short platform station.
hexham1_zpsiawwr8ie.png

Hexham has a full length platform, but has been fenced off about halfway along.

Looking really good Tom, the updated trees look a lot better. Have you tried the ST_RMM speedtree set off the DLS? There are also some by Pofig and other Pofig conversions found by searching Roys, but the RMM ones have the biggest variety.
Keep up the great work and keep posting shots, love to see them.
cheers
Graeme

Thanks for the tip Graeme.
I have a few of those trees, I will download more of them and try them on a few blank boards first and favourite the ones I like then replace. I reckon if I stick to a maximum 20 to 30 different trees and shrubs it shouldn't be too hard for the computer but give plenty of variation in the scene. Thanks again for the help
Tom

X48-X41-X50 await to be overtaken by a grain train as they sit in Lambley Loop.

X41 is on transfer to be the Karrah Bay Shunter.
f2695d943458aed1bcf5d06193f1f1e2.jpg

Cheers
David

the Ipswich to Boonah-Dugandan Fassifern branch railway

towards Churchbank

towards Churchbank

Churchbank surrounds, scrub and woods

Churchbank

Churchbank station and milkshed

Churchbank station and milkshed

So much scrolling to just see other peoples posts. 12 pics in this page are all yours, then you have another thread displaying the exact same screenshots.
Perhaps make them smaller in image size.

So much scrolling to just see other peoples posts. 12 pics in this page are all yours, then you have another thread displaying the exact same screenshots.
Perhaps make them smaller in image size.

I was thinking the very same thing, to the people who like to post a lot of screenshots, and I'm not saying there is anything bad about it. I'm suggesting to post only 1 or 2 screenshots per post, and please don't post the same shot like one zoomed in, zoomed out, etc. Don't think you have to update every day. People want to see the other people's screenshots too, and it's very much a pain to scroll all the pass all these screenshots to see new ones. Post different screenshots from different routes, and you would find that people will get more excited to see what you post next.

Last edited:
G'day all, just thought I would add a couple of progress shots on the Violet Town - Cootamundra route. 2 weeks today since I started it and I'm feeling pretty satisfied with what I have achieved so far, but still a loooong way to go. In between texturing and building, I have done some serious earthmoving and track is laid almost to Gerogery now. 6 1km Dual highways laid side by side, fix vertex heights at both ends and smooth spline, then do it again.

Thurgoona Dr. to Table Top Rd
2cad47cba01bd3361085125e353aff54.jpg

Pop up suburb
4b77deb77506403c8a0242e3ff4795ba.jpg

Looking from Thurgoona Dr. towards Ettamogah
55b9ce7a9b1ebd582527ffb0ebb5c456.jpg

I hope 3 pics doesn't upset anyone and I promise to post a train next time:p
cheers
Graeme

Nice work Greame lookin good mate, Waiting too see what the weather bring's tomorrow and i'll try and get you sum pic's of the railway bridge.
Cheers Mick.

I am envious of your scenery capabilities Graeme. So, so envious.

Happy birthday Peter (ad602000), I doubt I'd be playing trainz now if it wasn't for your content and contributions to the Aussie community.

Twin S's on the Melbourne bound (and surprisingly on-time) Southern Aurora passing through Dynon at 6:40am, on a cool winter's morning in 1977.
235d384a01b15e37f0d99cfe14bb1606.png

Thanks for the compliment Jamie, I could say the same about your superb track laying. We all have our strengths and I'm still learning. Great shot of the Aurora and Dynon. I'd love to be sitting in that Y, feet up on the window bars and heater going flat out while the shunters freeze outside.
@Normhart, nice shot of Moe, but if the town looked like that, people would actually want to live there.:D
cheers,
Graeme

Nice work everyone!

A bit of an update on the RL class. Finally in game! :)

rl_trainz.jpg

Just a few more tweaks to the texturing, proper bogies (currently sitting on GL class ones) and LOD's and should hopefully be ready to go beta in the near future!

Cheers,

Matt

G'day all, gee that RL looks nice. A few from me after a day keeping out of the cold weather.

59a846ceee56473b2fee070b82c3c4e6.jpg

Departure from Norske paper mill
fb3d17a1c8dc505b347d567f9861fea5.jpg

At Table Top Rd crossing
6e7cb6874256744099fc3ce58b843511.jpg

ccbbd001ae65cd8a1c2cd41be0455071.jpg

Cheers
Graeme

Some more WIP shots from my Frankston line,

G541-XR558-XR551-Y148 with #9553 down Long Island goods after passing MOR700 near Mordialloc.

13509595_1430902920259913_1578222147_o.jpg

G541-XR558-XR551-Y148 with #9553 down Long Island goods slows for the 30km/h TSR through 1a at Mordialloc while receiving a clear normal speed aspect off MOR704 as the crew run through #4405 1138 down Frankston.

13499602_1430902906926581_706043026_o.jpg

#9553 overtakes a down comeng in platform number 2 at Mordialloc
13549026_1430901046926767_1876592336_o.jpg

Back