USA Pics

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/aa47eac18ba5d7c766abd14751d539d8.jpg
I did something similar (meaning the HO layout part of this) a few months ago:

huttel_room.jpg

huttel_overview_2.jpg

Kimo505 clearly took it to the next level :eek: . Looks great, no.. amazing indeed, Kimo :clap:!

@ Kimo: What is the name of that track you used (and where can I find it)? I could use that for something I'm currently working on.

Last edited:
Thanks. In the last pic, you can see in the top left corner of the layout, I left it unfinished with part of the baseboard still showing. I lowered the ground around the track and scenery and used Dig holes along the sides. Then I added wood walls and textured splines in the rounded areas along the side of the layout. The floor is an airport tarmac spline, and the supports are Marsz supports for elevated track.

I LOVE that! Is it/will it be released?

Kimo, that's really impressive. You have a lot of empty space in the center of the room. Do you plan to extend the layout into that space? I'll be looking forward to updates to your innovative work.

Mike

Thanks. In the last pic, you can see in the top left corner of the layout, I left it unfinished with part of the baseboard still showing. I lowered the ground around the track and scenery and used Dig holes along the sides. Then I added wood walls and textured splines in the rounded areas along the side of the layout. The floor is an airport tarmac spline, and the supports are Marsz supports for elevated track.

Genius. Now all you need is a gigantic shadow spline to go under your bench! :)

Thank you all for the comments. I'll reply to all questions when I get home from work this evening.:)

Fantastic work there Kimo!! Judging by the quantity of comments, you've blown everyone away! If I may ask, what are the background/sky splines you used on that layout?

Edit: While I'm thinking about it... You mentioned ground texture splines to help make the rounded curves. Any chance you would be willing to share the names/kuids of those as well? I've found a couple for covering up tunnel holes, but they're bright green and not very realistic. Yours look just like ground textures!

Last edited:
Back