Will this work

weldstress

Since my efforts to get MP to work have failed as stated in my previous post I was wondering if this might work. Is it possible install a second copy of trainz on the same hard drive. My thinking is if I install an out of the box copy with nothing else but MP sessions on it perhaps that would work. But I have no idea if thats possible or even legal. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Al

I don't do multiplayer but you can install multiple copies of any version, many of us do just as a backup or for having a fresh copy with nothing added to check items are on the DLS for route builders. Legality? technically it's I believe supposed to only be one copy, however unlikely you are going to be using both at the same time on the same PC and plenty of us on here have openly admitted to having multiple installs and no one has complained from N3V.

If you have room on your PC two copies of TS12 is a good idea if you want to play multiplayer. The Multiplayer copy should be "clean" which means only download via Content Manager and definately no payware from ANY Source including the official N3V Games online Shop. It is also advisable not to download direct from the Download Station located at Planet Auran.

If you have room on your PC two copies of TS12 is a good idea if you want to play multiplayer. The Multiplayer copy should be "clean" which means only download via Content Manager and definately no payware from ANY Source including the official N3V Games online Shop. It is also advisable not to download direct from the Download Station located at Planet Auran.

Why not???

The unpleasant truth is that a lot of people, probably everyone in fact, has at some point had problems joining a session for one reason or another. This has been made worse recently by the recent problems with the DLS and uploaded content becoming corrupted, TS10 content in Particular. There have even been one or two reports that downloading direct from The DLS (The so called black pages) has caused assets to become corrupted. Even downloading an asset from Content Manager before it actually appears is questionable. Now I,m not saying you should not download direct from the DLS but maybe, as a precaution, you should only download from CM. There is one thing I am certain of however, and that is in order to keep problems to a minimum there should be a universal method for joining/hosting multiplayer sessions starting with buying TS12 and finishing with jumping in a loco without the game crashing! It appears to me that the sensible step is too only download using Content Manager when you can actually see the asset on it. This will at least avoid two areas of contention which is what I meant when I said that.

Back