I am 107. Am I the oldest Trainzer in the world?

Hi Pfx, Robd
I'm off to Manchester for three days tomorrow, could you reply to any postings aimed at me ( sorry Arnold) I will look in when I get back on Saturday night or Sunday.

Keep the lid on things till then
Bill

Hi Pfx, Robd
I'm off to Manchester for three days tomorrow, could you reply to any postings aimed at me ( sorry Arnold) I will look in when I get back on Saturday night or Sunday.

Keep the lid on things till then
Bill

Sorry Bill, any posts aimed at you will have to be replied to by yourself, in your own inimitable way of course. Enjoy Manchester, Britains' fairest city!

@Deano - I posted in response to a vague threat that I made about ridiculous threads. As John then correctly states, the hard stuff then took full dominion and I was lost... Well, apart from the fact that I was posting at a time when I can almost guarantee sobriety!

PFX, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. PFX, a young* loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of miserable people who operate without humour.

*young at heart.

Kids, don't be a loner or you end up doing stuff like this... Alone.

orange-1.jpg

Last edited:
@Rob. I like silly threads but only in moderation.

@Fran, that old GM is 10 years older than me this year.

Just so I can keep things vaguely rail related, took my first trip on Newcastle Metro today to discover a drivers eye view from the front seat. It cast my mind back to Francis Drake, Plymouth Ho and sitting in an old 101 crossing the Forth Bridge. Ah, the halcyon days.

Just so I can keep things vaguely rail related, took my first trip on Newcastle Metro today to discover a drivers eye view from the front seat. It cast my mind back to Francis Drake, Plymouth Ho and sitting in an old 101 crossing the Forth Bridge. Ah, the halcyon days.

Was it worth becoming a member of SAGA? For the discount on your hol, I mean.

Rob, they wouln't insure me. I'm a risk-taker though and joined the navy to see the world. At 85...

Interesting to see Newcastle airport being rail linked. I was surprised how few people were using the Metro for access to the airport though, given the wide-ranging accessability of the Metro system. Not the best stock for taking big cases on however, and it was the middle of the afternoon. I have to say that as airports go, Newcastle must be one of the least stressful I've ever been to.

Might I offer myself as possibly the oldest Trainz enthusiast? To be sure, working with railroads in real life can be a very tedious and nasty endeavor, but I suppose there is some measure of accomplishment to a railway created on your calculating machines. My claim to fame, such as it is, was the completion of the final segment of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway running from the station at Darjeeling to the Bazaar on 18 June 1885. The first segment completed was from Siliguri to Kurseong on 23 August of 1880.

I do enjoy sitting down in the evening and scanning through the various missives on this Forum thing.

Cheers,

Prestage

Back