YARN Crossings Crash Surveyor

SantaFebuff

That's So Trainz Forum
I'm running Trainz Classics. I have the YARN grade crossings by Maddy25 installed.

Whenever I click on them, they render just fine. As soon as I place them on the map, they cause a Fatal Error and my Trainz crashes. Then I have to rebuild my database.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,
Joshua

I recommend just get BNSF50's crossings then add YARN roads cause it never crashes when I do that!

Yes, but Maddy's crossings shouldn't crash Trainz either. I use both Maddy's and BNSF50/ATLS crossings depending on the situation without issue. If Maddy's are causing a crash I'd take the delete and re-install advise, something ain't right....

Yep, I did that. I deleted them out of Content Manager and the re-downloaded them. Sadly, they crashed Surveyor again with a Fatal Error the moment I placed them down.

Well, at least this time my assets.tdx file was not deleted.

Cheers,
Joshua

Are you sure you are using the original YARN assets and not the 'YARNISH' updates? YARN assets are trainzbuild 2.5 and will run in TRS06, the Yarnish mods are trainzbuild 3.1 which would cause issues in your version.

I just re-read the OP, you need to register your TC, but my comment still holds in that version....

Dermmy,
It is an original asset produced by Maddy25. The TC copy isn't mine to register and already is. My friend donated it to me as he has no use for it and is buying TS12. So he lets me use it so that I can have a better version than TRS2006.

It does cause a lot of confusion whenever I need help. People always think I'm still using TRS2006. ;)

I will open them up in Content Creator Plus to see if any errors appear in the notification box. I'll update if I see any.

Cheers,
Joshua

Last edited:
TC lacks a lot of content present in 06 and also present in later versions and I'm not sure you wouldn't be better off in 06 anyway! I never had TC so will refrain from further comment but I assume it has some form of Content Manager? If so the crossings show no missing dependencies? A straight-out crash when placing a scripted asset suggests something missing....

Yep, I know. I took that one by the horns and imported almost every built-in from TRS2006. I'll check to see about the scripts and whatnot.

...I don't know if I installed the 4m track from TRS2006, but there's no missing dependencies. I swapped it out with built-in Trainz Classics track and hopefully that'll do it.

I'll update later.

Cheers,
Joshua

Back