Co-Acting Signals?

CityRailTrainspotter

SydNSWTrains on Youtube
Is there any Co-Acting Signals Available on the dls or somewhere else? OR is there some sort of way that a standard signal can act as another one? They don't necessarily have to be NSW type signals but it would be more realistic if they were. I have tried putting 2 signals together but it doesn't work. For those who don't know what Co-Acting Signals are, they are signals that simply display the same phase as the one next to it. They are usually used when the signal has the possibility to be missed by the driver.
5962924353_3f21d2d65a_z.jpg

An example of what i'm after, Located in Kirrawee NSW. The Co-Acting Signal is on the right.

Thanks, CityRailTrainspotter:)

Is there any Co-Acting Signals Available on the dls or somewhere else? OR is there some sort of way that a standard signal can act as another one? They don't necessarily have to be NSW type signals but it would be more realistic if they were. I have tried putting 2 signals together but it doesn't work. For those who don't know what Co-Acting Signals are, they are signals that simply display the same phase as the one next to it. They are usually used when the signal has the possibility to be missed by the driver.

An example of what i'm after, Located in Kirrawee NSW. The Co-Acting Signal is on the right.

Thanks, CityRailTrainspotter:)

It can't be too difficult to design one. If my thinking is correct, it's essentially a trackside object with a copy on either side of the tracks. I'll see if there's a way to do it in the config, but a sure method is to clone the object 5 meters to the left in the original mesh, and set the trackside offset to 0 in the config.

Jointed Rails 'Safetran' signals (freeware) are not totally dis-similar to your photo and include a scripted 'Distant' (repeater) in the series.

http://www.jointedrail.com/

You want the Safetran pack, the accessory pack and the script...

"Signal Link" on the DLS may be what you need

Hi Scott & Andy --

Isn't the original poster is not so much interested in the actual physical signal itself but more on how the aspects of one signal can be repeated in another?

If this is the case, see here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=83432

In particular, post #21 on the second page.

CRT - does this help?

Phil

Last edited:
Hi Phil

the JR 06 Distant does exactly that with no 'extras' needed, it is scripted to 'mirror' the next signal along the line...

Co-acting signals can be made . I have one on the DLS (kuid:45317:100787) which is of UK design and works using the built-in signal game logic .

Both Heads are part of one mesh constructed in Gmax

This is the signals entry from the config file which shows each indication triggers 2 attachment point indications .
0 to 3 are on the main mesh and 4 to 7 are on the co-acting head mesh :

Code:
signals
{
  {
    light                               0,5
  }

{
    light                               1,4
  }

{
    light                               1,3,4,7
  }

{
    light                               2,6
  }
}

I'm not sure if this would work using a signal head mesh attached to the first one using attachment maker or whether the Sim would allow 2 lots of the same named attachment points in a config file . But it may be worth a try if you can't access the original Gmax/max meshes or know how to use a modelling program .

Last edited:
You could try using signal link (kuid2:69871:2139:1) - I am using it extensively in one route and (although I sometimes get a script error message in surveyor) it works perfectly well in driver with one signal repeating the other. The 'slave' can be set to repeat either all of the aspects of the 'master' or only the danger (red aspect.

Good luck.

A surfeit of solutions

CRT --

Looks like you now have several solutions.

If it was me I'd place the master signal to the left of the line as shown in your photo, place a section of invisible track to the right, place the slave signal on the invisible track and use Signal Link so that the slave displays all the aspects of the master.

Once again, tell us all if this helps.

Phil

I was just reminded of that asset as well, and though I have not yet tested it, I have confidence in its effectiveness to perform as desired.

Back