Portals, train enter all at once

B99

Steel on Steel
Hey guys.

I apologize for crowding up the "General Trainz" section with my posts, but this I am very curious about. I use "portal basic short" on my routes, seeing as they take up less space than the regular size portals. What my question is this. You know how you run a train into the portal, and the train enters one car at a time... Well, this is very time consuming when entering a 100 car coal train. Is there a way to have the entire train enter at once? Or even at a faster rate for that matter? This would be really, very helpful when running long trains.

Thanks,

B99

Trains can only enter the portal one at a time. As far as I know, there are two reasons for this.

1. So a long train you can see doesnt just suddenly dissappear while your driving. This can be kinda unnerving.
2. As a train enters a portal, data for each item of rollingstock (Including load, weight, etc) needs to be saved for when it next exits a portal (If it doesnt exit a portal, the data is not saved, either way its still an easier way to do it.

So, your best bet is to maximise the speed your locomotive/s can do on that route when heading for the portal. Although it will slow down when the loco's go through, it should be faster. There's no other way that I am aware of as I think it is hardcoded into the game. (Although in saying that, you might be able to open up the asset and take a look)

Back