US Overhead Crossing!

Clem has made quite a number of crossings. I agree with Splatter he's definitely made a few that look like this. Look for catwalk this might help your search. You might have to use the black pages online instead of searching within Content Manager.

John

Better Yet
BNSF50 Has A NRC Overhead Like That
Learn ATLS And You Got Your Solution

Yes I always use the NRC ones because I like being able to place the crossings anywhere.

Clem has made quite a number of crossings. I agree with Splatter he's definitely made a few that look like this. Look for catwalk this might help your search. You might have to use the black pages online instead of searching within Content Manager.

John

Thanks but I don't think the crossing has a catwalk. I've been looking a while to see if bnsf50 has made this and I don't think hes made this exact one. I don't mean to be picky its just that I see that exact crossing in the picture all the time when I'm down there. I would like to recreate that area once I find something that works.

The crossing you requested is on the DLS.
Awesome! I downloaded the crossing and it is unbelievable. It looks exactly like the one in the picture. I'll try to post some pictures of it soon. (also your idea of "weeks" is much sooner than I expected! :) )

bnsf50, I suppose this as good a time to ask as any, but do you know of or have done any flashing crossings without gates that are on the DLS? I took a look at your 1950's crossing, but I'm looking more for a modern, generic, 90-degree crossing, like the Grade Xing 07 US 2L 1T, just without the gates. A lot of the industrial spurs around here use those.

bnsf50, I suppose this as good a time to ask as any, but do you know of or have done any flashing crossings without gates that are on the DLS? I took a look at your 1950's crossing, but I'm looking more for a modern, generic, 90-degree crossing, like the Grade Xing 07 US 2L 1T, just without the gates. A lot of the industrial spurs around here use those.

Do you have "Grade Xing NRC WLS Off" ? I think that might be what your looking for. <kuid2:39134:102031:2>

Also I don't have this one downloaded, but you might want this too: "Grade Xing NRC 12x24" <kuid:39134:100356>

Last edited:
Do you have "Grade Xing NRC WLS Off" ? I think that might be what your looking for. <kuid2:39134:102031:2>

Also I don't have this one downloaded, but you might want this too: "Grade Xing NRC 12x24" <kuid:39134:100356>

Ok, thanks! I went with the first model, putting two next to each other for each direction. They work and look good.

Awesome! I downloaded the crossing and it is unbelievable. It looks exactly like the one in the picture. I'll try to post some pictures of it soon. (also your idea of "weeks" is much sooner than I expected! :) )

Thank You for the compliment and You're welcome. The reason it got done so soon is because we got 8 inch's of snow here over the weekend. Which shut all outside activities down.:hehe:

@RRSignal I'm glad you found a crossing that will work.

I'm anxious to download and take a look at these too. From the op picture they look similar to what the Frisco might have used. No catwalk, angled crossbars above, and just lighter material. Probably for cost savings.

Thanks again for all your great contributions.

Last edited:
Yes its old school for sure, without the catwalk. Today's safety standards would not have allowed a ladder for access to the cantilevers with no catwalk with handrails. Notice too the ladder is one that was meant to hang temporally not be mounted permanent.:eek:

Thanks! I can sure use the two lane on my route. How hard would it be to create the same crossing without the gate?

Back