Trams again?

rjhowie1

As everything is gone would it be helpful if we used this as a re-start for tramway fans?

I'm now well into the southside of the River Clyde and now around nearly 170 boards of tram lines and a lot more to go! As some will recall, I'm doing the whole of the big Glasgow tramway system that closed in 1962 - the whole city and every single line in every area and direction. www.tramway sim.moonfruit.com (with 130 odd pics to date in slideshows). Now working out in the Paisley-Barrhead-Elderslie-Johnston- Kilbarchan, etc areas in the southwest.

At present I'm temporarily back to dial-up which is a nightmare. My ISP, V21 was taken over by Biscit and V21 had their connection pulled by Net Services who claimed V21 owed them money. Due to legal disputes Net won't give Mac Codes and Biscit the takeover mob refuse to pay anything so thousands of us are left out to dry. Lines won't be cleared until 24th Nov. So once my line is cleared will apply elsewhere for Broadband and wait! It's a damn nusiance re downloads and delaying me.

Anyway, I've re-opened the door for Tramz nuts!

Glad to see your back

And looks like your still having fun with trainz, hope you can fix your Broadband problem

Tom

I guess most of the old hands here with an interest in trams will be aware of my Westhaven Trams route on the DLS, but I don't mind a shameless plug if you dont...

I'm also working on a much larger modern tramway route. Pictures here...

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=955

Anyway - enough of me... Good to see this thread back, it was always a useful source of all thinks trammy (no I know it's not a word :rolleyes:)...

Paul

Well we have to plug perhaps Paul so new people can see what's happening! Your new site look a real beaut so keep going will be a great asset. I'm now well over 170 tramway boards and deep into the other half of Glasgow south of the River Clyde. Sometimes i do wondr what I started with such an area, It was a big system and I plod on.

I suspect it may be nearer a month before I get this ISP debacle sorted and get to Broadband again from scratch due to the added iniblity of obtaining a Mac code. Meantime I can footer about with the tramway building.

It is good to see this thread up and running again.News from this part of the Tram world,well I'm still plodding on with work on the south of brisbane area that had trams until 1969. The route name is W'Gabba (short for Wooloongabba) yes you would know that is where the 1st cricket test is being played at the moment.
Motorman1066 has made a fantastic range of old Brisbane trams plus track and OH gear (thanks Sel) has made my work a lot easier.

Norm.

Hi all,

Firstly, allow me to plug my re-release of Leeds 180:

Secondly, I'm considering downloading Westhaven Trams, but the information states "This is a high detail route using numerous off-DLS assets - see 'Official Westhaven Routes' thread in the forum".

Could someone post what the non-DLS stuff is for the benefit of those who might want this route?

I marvel at the quality - some people have too much patience!

Regards,
BidMod

I'm happy to see the Tram thread again. I'm back to working on my New Orleans Streetcar Line after a years absence due to Katrina. My home was flooded and it's taken me a year to recover and get settled. My two computers sat in a room flooded to desk top level for three weeks. About a month ago I decided to try to boot the computers. One booted and worked perfectly. My Trainz computer needed a new graphic card but otherwise works great.

New Orleans didn't fare so well. The St Charles Ave streetcar line and cars were not flooded but the electrical system was destroyed. It will be late in 2007 before the line is fully operational. The Canal Street line flooded as well as the streetcars. The line and car electrical system must be rebuilt. The Riverside Line fared okay, I think.

Mostly I'm looking for scenery that is representative to New Orleans, especially the mansions along St Charles Ave.

Apogee10

Hi all,

Secondly, I'm considering downloading Westhaven Trams, but the information states "This is a high detail route using numerous off-DLS assets - see 'Official Westhaven Routes' thread in the forum".

Could someone post what the non-DLS stuff is for the benefit of those who might want this route?

I marvel at the quality - some people have too much patience!

Regards,
BidMod

BidMod - OK, I've been putting this off for a while, as no-one had asked yet... The old forum had a thread where I posted all the missing content, and some other information. Unfortunately, I didn't make a list elsewhere, so I'll have to work it all out again. I'm off to work now, but I'll re-start the thread (probably tonight). There's nothing I can think of that will stop the route running without, so it's worth having a look in the meantime.

Paul

I'm happy to see the Tram thread again. I'm back to working on my New Orleans Streetcar Line after a years absence due to Katrina. My home was flooded and it's taken me a year to recover and get settled..............................
New Orleans didn't fare so well.
Apogee10

Hi Apogee10,
It is great to have you back too and I'm glad you have managed to rebuild from the ravages of Katrina. Our thoughts here in Australia were with you. Crazy isn't it, over here we are in the worst drought in living memory and rapidly running out of water...over there you had much too much. I had hoped that when they rebuilt New Orleans, in would have been above sea level. Sounds easier I guess, but in reality......?
Yes I agree, it is good to see the Tram thread going again. There is much that has been achieved worldwide in the scope of Tramways in TRAINZ in 2006 (the year, that is.) There is also a lot in the pipeline and so much more that can be achieved this year and into the future.
I am Tingling in Anticipation.............! (Oh damn! MeDiCaTiOn tImE again):rolleyes:
Cheers
Sel

Are there any German tram fans here? I find the trams in Nuernberg and Wuerzburg to be quite fascinating and I'm surprised nobody has done any models of these, the only German tram addon I know of is a payware pack for the Hamburg tram system with quite a few trams in it.

WileeCoyote

There are some great German Trams

The Layout "Bodensee to the Alps" by Nebaru features a Tram layout and a little depo shed with doors activated like a level crossing - tricksy & cute

Waz

The only German trams I know of one the DLS are Iceman's (iceman2117).

They remind me of the Siemens trams that are used in Germany, although I don't know where exactly.

Perhpaps if you ask nicely he would let you re-skin them into something more prototypical.

...There is much that has been achieved worldwide in the scope of Tramways in TRAINZ in 2006 (the year, that is.) ...

Thanks in no small part to yourself!

@BidMod - I've restarted the Westhaven Routes thread (with a few pictures) in Freeware Announcements. Hope this helps you out...

@WileeCoyote - There are quite a few German (and other European) trams around. Are you looking for modern or older trams? Try some of these links:
http://www.trsbingen.de/php/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?catid=4 (registration required)
http://www.tramtrainz.net/
http://www.barowa.tubaza.net/PTram/index.php

Also check out the work of Cosey and Denis_Fr on the DLS...

And also Modula City (also payware).

Paul

Hi all,

The tram was lurking in the preview area this-morning, but there was a fault in the config (CMP didn't flag it), so I've declined it and sent a revised version.

The fault was that I didn't write the region codes correctly, and if I'm going to get away with grumbling about other people's configs mine needs to be correct.:cool:

It should be on the DLS within a couple of days.

Hi.I am a tram's fan.I need tram to make a route(tram which are on DLS)Not only tram,i need objects for city.Thank you:)

Leeds 180 is a re-skin of one of Silversmiths excellent trams - if this type interests you, he is the person to search for.

As for track (and basic infrastructure), I'd recomment Andi06 and motorman1066.

I hope that should get you started. :)

By the way, MichaelWhiteley's original Leeds 180 has a fault, but is easily fixable - open up the file for editing, and look at the .im files - you will see one of the has been labelled .im.im by accident. Just delete one of the .im extensions and it will run. The difference is that his is a lighter colour, and mine is configured for the maxpermittedspeed rule by Bloodnok.

Last edited:
Hi.I am a tram's fan.I need tram to make a route(tram which are on DLS)Not only tram,i need objects for city.Thank you:)

It depends on what location and time period you are looking for, but if you are looking on the DLS, then search for the creators: Denis_fr, Andi06, RW1HH, Cosey, for starters. Spend some time searching the DLS by name in as many languages as you can manage, and if you find something you like, look for other items by the same author. In addition there are many superb websites full of excellent content based in Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Italy, Germany and many other European countries. I've used many myself, as the quality is generally very high.

Hope this helps. Ask again if I can help with anything more specific...

On another note, I have been busy with an item that may help some of you - a UK style (they might be used elsewhere - let me know) set of tramway speed signals:

These are a re-skin of Stryker's variable speed boards, so I need to ask permission to upload (though his config allows re-use of the script). I don't think he's been seen on the new forum - anyone have any news?

That's all from me for now...

Paul

Back