Photo-Shopped Shots

Wiley4

Go The Lions
We've probably all tried manipulating our screenshots at one time or another, here is a simple "sunburst", it gives the "ray" effect to the headlight. :)

Cheers
Wiley:)

mstskins2.jpg

just made greyscale and a 'soft glow' filter
N-old.jpg

only made greyscale
night_bw.jpg

sepia and some nice raindrops
sepia+rain.jpg

Cheers David

Looking good guys, I like the "raindrops" pommie, nice touch.

Cheers

Sun just starting to appear, not quite enough sunlight yet to diminish the nightlights.

pshoped2.jpg

Looking good guys, I like the "raindrops" pommie, nice touch.

Cheers

The raindrops are actually a real-time feature on one of the available Weather rules, I believe the rule was made by Smileyman. When it starts to rain small drops appear on the screen and slide off, and there's more the harder it rains.

Not necessarily realistic or super-artistic, but just one of those "for fun" things that makes an operating session more fun.

-Chris (tm)

(big pics: 1000x750 pixel max)

I'll throw in a couple fun manipulated pictures. (You can click on them to see the full-size version.) ...

First, one that I set my hot coffee mug on. :(

[If you're curious, you can view the original picture.]

And then a mysterious train that rides lonely Appalachian rails every Beltane Eve ...

- Madeline :p

My electronspectrum "gizmometer" indicates those coffee stains are actually coffee mixed with Irish Whiskey. Good on 'ya!:p
I love the second pic, and it pretty much proves what people say about missing dependancies........:rolleyes:

Ah Maddie....you are a jewel!

Ed

first off....Madline how did yuou do that and with what program second.
i have a photoshoped well shots.
sometimes we forget things that live in infamy sometimes starts to fade.
arizona.jpg

other times are memory will never forget disasters that happened.
Copyofbreackup.png

if anyone wants to know....the first one is the USS Arizona after Pearl Harbor and the second is the break up of the RMS
Titanic.

Ps Sorry for double post. Mod please delete post #16

My electronspectrum "gizmometer" indicates those coffee stains are actually coffee mixed with Irish Whiskey. Good on 'ya!:p
I love the second pic, and it pretty much proves what people say about missing dependancies........:rolleyes:

Ah Maddie....you are a jewel!

Ed

Ack! The gizmometer reveals all! Irish Whiskey is great. :p

And hmmm ... So Trainz' bleak missing-dependencies warning screen is really trying to warn that missing assets will be doomed to wander your route, haunting you with their absence and frustrating your graphics card as it tries in vain to render that which cannot be perceived ...

- Spooky Maddy

bride-of-frankie_still_05.png

WHOA!!!!!
Madeline! how and what are you using to do these pics!!?

Mostly just PaintShop Pro. So I guess these aren't truly "photo-shopped", more like "PSP'ed" :p

I didn't record what steps I took to make "Coffee Stainz on Trainz" so the steps I'm about to list won't be entirely accurate, but I did something like the following:
  1. First I found some pictures on the Net of coffee rings against a white background. Then I added each of the three rings as separate layers on top of the original Trainz screenshot and set the layer blend mode for each of these to "multiply". (Multiplying any color by white just gives you back the original color, so the rings' white backgrounds disappeared.) I then darkened the rings a bit because they came out a little faint. The rings were the easy part. I didn't need to do anything more to the rings themselves.

2. Then using the freehand selection tool, I selected an irregular kind of oval-shaped area around the two rings near the center of the picture. I feathered the selection by a lot, like maybe by 40 or 50 pixels. Then I used PSP's "wave" deformation tool and made the picture warped in the selected area. I also did this around the smaller ring but with less intensity.

3. I again selected a rough region around the two big rings and used PSP's "texture" tool to make the paper look wavy (and did the same thing around the smaller ring, but, again, with less intensity).

4. Next I selected rough areas around the rings again (I kept redrawing the selection by hand because I did not want the selection to be exactly the same each time), and used Flaming Pear's Glare filter, aiming for a look that you might get if you apply heat to a photograph.

5. I selected the rings anew and applied Flaming Pear's Aetherize filter mostly for its color blurring effect (the color blur keeps the luminance of each pixel constant but bleeds some of the neighboring pixels' hue and saturation).

6. Selecting the rings yet again, I increased the lightness and decreased the saturation of the regions, making them look even more washed out.

7. Selecting the rings anew once more (for the last time, yay!), I played with the color histogram tools in PSP (I think I equalized the histogram?). And then I was done.

"Ghost Train" was much easier to do. I took two screenshots from the same location, one with and one without the train. I layered the one with the train on top of the other one and played with the opacity of the upper layer and the layer blend mode (I think I ended up using "Overlay"). That still didn't look quite right, so I used the glare filter on the picture with the train, then used the aetherize filter (I love that filter), stretched the contrast via the histogram tools, and erased all the areas of the upper layer that I didn't want.

It was fun. :p

- Madeline

Last edited:
Back