Long lasting problem

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
I have a problem in Trainz when it comes to viaducts. I can't seem to create a realistic expanse of and that the viaduct crosses. The image below explains in further detail:
scaled.php

As you can see, the viaduct crosses a 'trough'. Has anyone got any techniques on how to make a realistic expanse that it can cross? This seems so unrealistic, but I don't have any ideas.
Any ideas are appreciated.
Many thanks,

PortLineParker

i'm not quite sure what you're needing...? it looks like a perfectly good 'trough', exactly like some geo-forms. Obviously, you've trainz-ed around, so i won't get into making the trough into a canyon. Did you want steeper sides, or just more width? And, what will be the surface under the viaduct...? a creek or just dirt with houses?

and, anyway, why a duck?

It seemed to me that the trough is unrealistic. I haven't seen any geo-forms like that. I just wondered if there was a way to make a more realistic looking slope down to the expanse. I plan to have a road with a few houses surrounded by quite a few trees. And, what do you mean, why a duck?
Many thanks,

PortLineParker

Like, i've kind of been around, seen a few natural forms... and, model railroad scenery kind of makes me barf... and i hardly use anything but track deflections in my own route, or, as you're doing, something for variety. Do you want an actual fractal'd erosion effect? With narrow troughs next to rugged crests? But, those would be shaped with your downer-tool, small circle.

Like, I've seen the bridge at Bristol, and the sides of the river-way are smooth-like, would only need a trough like yours surfaced with some wall-paper pattern from the paint-tab -- one of those shrub-maps...?

The only unrealistic aspect I can see is it's uniform width and slope angle. Surely you can break that up with the included tools.

Re "why a duck"

i'm not quite sure what you're needing...? it looks like a perfectly good 'trough', exactly like some geo-forms. Obviously, you've trainz-ed around, so i won't get into making the trough into a canyon. Did you want steeper sides, or just more width? And, what will be the surface under the viaduct...? a creek or just dirt with houses?

and, anyway, why a duck?

For those puzzled by mikemike's comment, as the original poster was, I refer you to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_a_Duck?

Nice, a reference so obscure it needed a wikipedia entry. Well done mikemike, well done.

Back