UK Semaphore Signalling In TZ

IsambardKingdomBrunel

Joined June 2001
Now after you have stopped laughing at my pic.

Could someone advise me as to wether the BR-WR semaphore signals, so kindly supplied from the S&C site.

Can realistically signal this type of trailing crossover, giving access to the loop or siding just beyond.

So in effect the junction signal is protecting the trailing crossover and the junction just passed it.

This would be a common occurance on Britains steam railways. I seem to remember when helping to build the route in question, before moving to RW.

That this configuration did not function as it should.

That of course could have been my error in positioning the signal direction gizmo's ( arrow boards ).

IKBsMasterpiece.jpg

IKB.

I've just done some experimenting with the setup you describe - I used the "standard" S&C semaphores, but the GW ones use the same scripting. I'm also using TS2010, which might make a difference.

signals.jpg

With the signal and targets placed as on the diagrams and a train "parked" on the UP line, the semaphore indications changed correctly according to how the junctions were set (see 1, 3, and 4). With a train driven into the loop using a "Navigate To" command, the signals made an attempt to implement junction-release-from-red, with the junctions and signals changing in the sequence 1 --> 2 --> 3 as the train approached.

Unfortunately for strict realism, the junction into the loop didn't change until after the train had passed the distant signal, which was still OFF at the time. The red signal at the junction must have come as a very nasty shock to the driver. Better interlocking and retraining for the signalman is called for, I think.

Hiya Saxham,

appreciate you trying it out for me.

My main concern is whether or not the Home signal protecting the trailing crossover and junction ahead.

Can actually "see" passed the trailling crossover to the junction.

But you are showing that it will work, thank you.

I will be getting a copy of the route off my co-creator this weekend ( i deleted all things TZ when i switched to RW ).

So that i can re-start working on it.

Many thanks for your help.

IKB.

Back