Editing locomotive specs - help requested

handlaidtrack

I'm attempting to edit locomotive specs to improve performance.
One problem that most of my steam locomotives have is a lack of acceleration. Even when running light, they seem to take forever to reach a moderate speed.
I found one locomotive that has an acceleration rate that I like (SAR 500B class 4-8-2, included with Trainz2010), and have been trying to duplicate it.
In the engine spec file, 'motor' section, it had max-accel 25000 and max-decel 95000.
The B&O 4-8-2 that I have has these numbers set to 1750 and 1500 respectively, which seems about the right proportion considering how it crawls.
I opened the specs for edit, then modified the config file to reflect the changes, then did a 'commit'. Then when I added this locomotive to my route, it still had the performance of a snail.
I'm doing all my driving in DCC mode (not sure if it makes a difference).

Could someone please tell me what I did wrong?

handlaidtrack: Did you change Kuid no. in con fig through explorer??Remember you have two kuid tables to change @top & bottom of config..save and commit..Sometimes you can open up creators file(In Con fig) and find out what you have done wrong..If something is faulty you will never get it..:wave: :wave:

If you change anything in an espec, you need to delete and replace the loco, (coach, wagon) you changed in the session, so that Trainz picks up the change.

I run all my layouts as model trains using DCC and so the accelleration and decelleration it unrealistic.
I was told about this years ago and it still works.
I go to "enginespec" for the loco concerned and change max-accel to 55000 and max-decel to 90000 and it works fine for every loco.
They respond to the speed restrictions so the only difference is that they speed up and slow down faster.
Cheers
Stuart

Back