Just purchased 1st class ticket but no increase in download speed

ManyTone

Just purchased 1st class ticket but no increase in download speed (Edit- Fixed)

Hi Guys
Been using Trainz since Trainz 2006 and I just purchased Trainz12 a week or 2 back.
I tried downloading some content and noticed that the speeds were capped at about 5.15 kbps. So I got this email from Trainz that explained the First Class Ticket. It says this:
Quote:
Once activated, your account will be flagged as a FCT holder and your download speeds will be uncapped, giving you unrestricted access to as much of the Download Station as you can handle.
End Quote.

I thought it crazy to try and download at the speed the normal server allowed so I just purchased the First Class Ticket based on the advertised product quoted above. I have activated the ticket and it shows on my settings page the number of days left.

Problem though.... Download speed is still a ridiculous 5.15 KBPS or there abouts. It is no faster than when I did not have a first class ticket.
Says in the email ad that your download speeds will be uncapped, giving you unrestricted access.

What the heck? This will take days still to download a small layout.
Is something wrong or is this what you guys get?

Last edited:
It can take up too 48 hours (sometimes 72) for the FCT to fully become 'activated'. One suggestion, is to log out of Planet Auran, CMP, etc, and log back in, hence 'refreshing' your profile for both - and that should (theoretically) 'refresh' your profile and ensure your new FCT has become activated.

You have to press "clear" list in your DLH download wish list.

Press "Activate" FCT in your Planet Auran webpage/Tickets.

In your Profile, black out your PW ... and save as blanked out.

Also in your "Options" blank out UN & PW ... and save as blanked out.

Exit Trainz ... restart Trainz ... re-enter your UN & PW as the same as it was previously.

In Planet Auran Profile reset PW with the same PW as you had previously, and save.

Edit your profile ... by changing nothing ... and hit "Save".

Exit Trainz ... restart Trainz.

Using a major credit card the FCT purchase sometimes goes through instantaniously, as opposed to Pay Pal (which also may go through instantainiously, or it take upwards of a couple days.

When the N3V site is down (like today, or all weekend) it may take several more days for the purchase to take hold.

You can PM me and I will try to help out.

Thanks Guys....that was fast.
I logged in and out and re-entered passwords etc and all seems so much better now! Speed went from 5.15kbps to 353.50kbps.

That's what I thought should have happened and your advise got me up and running.

Ahhhhh..... at this speed I might actually find some time now to play with my trainz instead of waiting for downloads.
Awesome...thanks again! Apologies for being upset ;-)

Back