Fictional Railroads

Test Logo sheet.

testlogoso.png

So, which one do you like?

I prefer in order...

I like #3, but make the V closer to the N. Just a little bit. That'd be cool.

Fred

I like this thread...it's a good read.

Mine, which has been a work in progress since december, is the Williams Bay and North Western. some of you may have noticed the thread in freeware announcements about it (yeah, not:hehe:) but since then, I've updated the back history.

The short story version is, the WB&NW began as an "air line" route that was to link Minneapolis/St. Paul with Baton Rouge & New Orleans, named the Twin Cities and New Orleans. Tracklaying began, north and south, out of Kansas City in 1885. Track laying reached Williams Bay in the north and Springfield in the south (both in Missouri--Springfield is a real city, Williams Bay is fictional), by 1887, and Tracklaying in the south reached Little Rock in 1888, and Texarkana in 1889. In the north, the line was pushed to Des Moines by 1889 and Dearborn, Minnesota, by november of the same year. however, the line had expended itself in the process, and with little capital to spare on new track, the shareholders cut back their ambitions, running freight and passenger between their endpoints and the Chicago Great Western interchange in Carlisle, MO (another fictional town).

fast forward to 2008, and Sawyer Regensberg, the last heir to the Krupp steel dynasty, heard about the Union Pacific's plan to abandon it's "Williams Bay Division," in Minnestoa, Iowa, Missouri, and Arkansas. The old Twin Cities and New Orleans (TC&NO) had folded into the UP system, unwillingly, in 1979, after the CGW merger. The line was still heavily trafficed, but UP felt it no longer needed the route anymore. Sawyer, however, thought the line was worth saving, after hearing the old TC&NO was an ALCo stronghold, and many of the engines were still on the property. After some fenagiling (and a heated death match with RailAmerica) the old Air Line became the Williams Bay & North Western, the first holding of the SAR (Sawyer A Regensberg) group holdings.

the line runs freight, first class "streamliner" passenger, mail and express, even commuter trains. power is ALCo, SD-9s that were bought when the line opened (which coincided with the last major purges of SD-9's from railway's rosters), and steam. forgive the long-winded ness, i tried to make it as short as i can.

I like this thread...it's a good read.

Mine, which has been a work in progress since december, is the Williams Bay and North Western. some of you may have noticed the thread in freeware announcements about it (yeah, not:hehe:) but since then, I've updated the back history.

The short story version is, the WB&NW began as an "air line" route that was to link Minneapolis/St. Paul with Baton Rouge & New Orleans, named the Twin Cities and New Orleans. Tracklaying began, north and south, out of Kansas City in 1885. Track laying reached Williams Bay in the north and Springfield in the south (both in Missouri--Springfield is a real city, Williams Bay is fictional), by 1887, and Tracklaying in the south reached Little Rock in 1888, and Texarkana in 1889. In the north, the line was pushed to Des Moines by 1889 and Dearborn, Minnesota, by november of the same year. however, the line had expended itself in the process, and with little capital to spare on new track, the shareholders cut back their ambitions, running freight and passenger between their endpoints and the Chicago Great Western interchange in Carlisle, MO (another fictional town).

fast forward to 2008, and Sawyer Regensberg, the last heir to the Krupp steel dynasty, heard about the Union Pacific's plan to abandon it's "Williams Bay Division," in Minnestoa, Iowa, Missouri, and Arkansas. The old Twin Cities and New Orleans (TC&NO) had folded into the UP system, unwillingly, in 1979, after the CGW merger. The line was still heavily trafficed, but UP felt it no longer needed the route anymore. Sawyer, however, thought the line was worth saving, after hearing the old TC&NO was an ALCo stronghold, and many of the engines were still on the property. After some fenagiling (and a heated death match with RailAmerica) the old Air Line became the Williams Bay & North Western, the first holding of the SAR (Sawyer A Regensberg) group holdings.

the line runs freight, first class "streamliner" passenger, mail and express, even commuter trains. power is ALCo, SD-9s that were bought when the line opened (which coincided with the last major purges of SD-9's from railway's rosters), and steam. forgive the long-winded ness, i tried to make it as short as i can.
Sawyer, it does look like the short version, the long version would've taken up the next few pages, and that wouldn't even include the present day workings!:hehe:

The handrail..

..was blocking the "best" not east... BUT that's a good accident... i'll change the slogan.:wave:
Just finished my reskin....

Last edited:
The Carbon & Limestone Railroad. "The Rocky Road!"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The C & L RR."The Rocky Road!"

Bought Trainz this past week. Stayed up till 4am last night playing with it. Going to take a swing at creating a railroad I have had in my head for years...the 'Carbon & Limestone Railroad.'

As you can see had to borrow some steam power from the UP!

Carbon & Limestone RR. Approaching Carbon, Ky

Three days later...finally got my first big town on the route. Carbon, Ky.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

L & N 152 (First steam engine I downloaded!) approaching the carbon cut. Downtown Carbon, KY can be seen in the distance. I have a big yard there. From here I move north towards my mythical city of Limestone, KY where the Kentucky River joins the Ohio River.

This game is a hoot!

Back