The Most Beautiful Loco in Trainz?

trw1089

Steam Devotee...
Hi all

Not sure if you have seen the freeware thread about the new RENFE Confederation steam loco, but I reckon it would have to be one of the most beautiful locomotives ever to run in Trainz, bar none!

screen040gt0.jpg

screen041fv6.jpg

screen044ko8.jpg

Download it for yourself and see...

Thanks Javier and your team, without doubt the most stunning example of steam locomotive creation I have yet seen.

Cheers
Tony

Hi K4driver

American steam is also beautiful in it's own way, but I don't think there has yet been a US steam loco that could equal the beauty of this one. If you think there is something better, post a pic and we can all judge :)

Cheers
Tony

model

although i prefer some US Designs, i would say this model is most accurate, and well textured in TRS. It looks beutiful. If only there was someone that good to make an SP Daylight

Hi all

Not sure if you have seen the freeware thread about the new RENFE Confederation steam loco, but I reckon it would have to be one of the most beautiful locomotives ever to run in Trainz, bar none.

Can you point me to the location of the thread as above so i can download this loco.
No luck finding this RENFE steam loco thread at present.

Cheers,

Colin.

Notice about loco:

Fine model for both TRS2004 and 2006, with hight quality mesh and textures, with Twinkles smoke steam and glow firebox efects (modes stack and wistle includes) real hornsound, driver and fireman meshes, front and real light in night mode.

Javier.-

The real one:

In 1951, the RENFE ("Red Nacional de los Ferrocarriles Españoles", National Network of the Spanish Railroads) had already decided the electrification of the sections of the network with more difficult slopes and, then, it made an order of ten steam locomotives for great speed passenger trains for the most even sections of the lines of the Castilian meseta (high plateau). Thus new RENFE 242 F 2001 to 2010 "Confederation" series was born. The adressee of the order was the company "La Maquinista Terrestre y Marítima" from Barcelona.
The design of these locomotives derived from the one of the RENFE 241 2201 a 2257 series: the smoke box was extended and a bissel bogie was put under the firebox, inspired in the American delta bissel, but provided with two axes. The steam conductions were widened until the limit, the driven wheels diameter was increased until 1,9 m and they left the factory already fuelised. The singularity of these locomotives was showed when painting them of green color, exceptional look in front of the black color that showed all the other steam locomotives of the company.
RENFE 242 F 2001 a 2010 locomotives were among the most powerful ones in Europe and, aside from a similar series of the USSR railroads, they were the only "Confederation" ones mass-produced and regularly used in the European railroads. The "La Maquinista Terrestre y Marítima" company commemorated its centenary in 1955 with the release of these engines.
Nevertheless, these locomotives were the swan song of the steam traction in Spain. Quickly the new electrifications and dieselisations relegated them to freight services for which they were not projected. Only the 2009 (with the 2002's tender) survived scrapping. Magnificently recovered, conserved now in the Delicias (Madrid) headquarters of the Spanish Museo del Ferrocarril, it serves in historical and tourist trains.

Text by Carles Romero.

Confe_f0.jpg

Confe_140B.jpg

Confe_f14.jpg

Confe_via2.jpg

Confe_f5.jpg

Confe_noche1.jpg

Confe_f8.jpg

I must say this is one impressive locomotive. It certainly looks to me like the good chaps at Trainsim are pushing forward the standard of steam loco creation.

Rob

Indeed Rob however, i'm convinced that your forthcoming 9F loco will provide stiff competition to this Iberian masterpiece.

Gam :)

Hi all

Not sure if you have seen the freeware thread about the new RENFE Confederation steam loco, but I reckon it would have to be one of the most beautiful locomotives ever to run in Trainz, bar none!

screen040gt0.jpg

screen041fv6.jpg

screen044ko8.jpg

Thanks Javier and your team, without doubt the most stunning example of steam locomotive creation I have yet seen.

Cheers
Tony

I have it, the smoke effects are really great, put 1000 to coal behind it and watch it work !!

Thanks to Carles Romero, "Brill" (see above). He is the creator of this superb locomotive.

I only made Twinkles effects and exportation to TRS.

Javier.-

Being a NG Fan

For US Fans
My vote has to go to Prowlers locos, the lokk and datail he puts into them is fantastic.

But I also can't for get all the nice Irish steam locos comming out by Steve Flsnder and Ricky as well, hey are also wounderful.

Tom

My favorite locomotive for Trainz would HAVE to be SPORBUST's ACe Series.. Well, all of his locomotives are amazing. :)

RENFE Steamer

Downloaded the steamer today! Wow, she's a beauty! I love the smoke effects! VERY REALISTIC FOR ALL THOSE "RIVET-COUNTERS" (realism junkies) OUT THERE!!! :)

I can say, i don't have much interest in Europiean locomotives, but this one is quite amazing, i must say:
Well done!
I will be sure to get this beaut.

Back