Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

Thanks Trainzpro

No offense but i can see for sure the difference but it's getting pretty close for showing the ambience and splendid atmosphere of the rockies.
Very nice and warm comment thanks again.
I think the river is getting better only trouble on a small creek running down the mountain gives troubles as the textures not go very small and before you know it the creek is as big as the river itself:hehe::hehe:

have a wonderful day my friend

Roy

Today i try to reach Hot Springs another 10 km of treacherous mountains to battle:cool:

From the master himself thanks Andy

Beautiful screencaps Roy!

Andy ;)

Thanks Andy you and others are my inspiration.
Ning (my wife)and I are planting, planting all the way to Revelstoke:hehe::hehe:
Love your diorama approach and fun track you go recently very much but cannot match the level of detail as I have to cover over 1.500 km of terrain which is how many baseboards, yes thousands of them and fps excellent for what is in there.

Roy and Ning;)

A conversation about trees:

Hopefully no one will interpret this as an attack on Roy or the route he is making, it certainly is not. I couldn't improve upon what he has wrought, he is a better surveyor than I.

I recently made the trip between Chicago and New Jersey several times by car, as my Mother has been in ill health and eventually passed last month. One of the only distractions from my sadness during this time was the wonderful mountain scenery in Pennsylvania along route 76. The turnpike was partly constructed on an unused railroad grade intended for the aborted South Pennsylvania Railroad. Much of it reminds me of the screens that Roy has posted. For the entire distance of the width of the state, you encounter perhaps five or six rock cuts, numerous bridges, and four (of the seven original) tunnels.

Now, what strikes me from my observation of the route is the dispersal of dead and living trees. I've just now gone over Roy's screens again and realized what has been whispering in my ear. I think the trees look great where they are healthy and strong. I think the dead trees among the live ones look great as well....except... I think there should be more of them. Has anyone made any dead conifers? I've seen whole stands of dead trees, still standing but denuded, obviously attacked by insects or disease adjacent to stands of live healthy trees. In fact, in some areas the trees along the immediate side of the highway were showing no leaves or needles, while the ones further up the slope looked completely different.

I'm not suggesting that Roy go back and change his forests, it's just a little something to consider. We may need more dead tree models in the future.

Ed i consider you as one of my closest Trainz friends

no offense, no attack in the contrary you read my pictures they scream for real good dead trees amoung the living but I take what is available (or know what is available). Still DMdrake (I owe him most gratitude for his work during this 7 years of continues work on my stuff!

They are 2 D dead ones and the best I could find not the best I wanted:hehe:

We want absolutely more 3D dead conifers and other dead species incl trunks.
Sadly I cannot spend the time myself as my routes than never get finished so dear Ed you hit the nail on my coffin and yes we love more dead one's:p

warmest regards,

Roy and Ning;)

You raise a great point Ed. Actually, I'm quite sure that Pofig released some dead trees with his batch that should do the job. One's that are standing that is.

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Hi Gisa yes pofig has but no conifers

Hi Gisa hope you are doing well and yes there are a few but just a few standing and no conifer.
Look at DMdrake's dead one's i mean trainz trees lots of them and you can rotate them to hang lean lay down so pretty much do what is needed only older version 2 D.

Roy

Ed my sincere condolences

Dear Ed please accept our sincere condolences on the passing away of your mother.
My mam is still very healthy and bossy but far away and 93.

She still lives far from here in the south of Holland close to my sisters place so been taken care of very well.

It shows how fast the time past and slowly we move on to be one day the next shift ready to move to a better world.

Roy

Thank you Roy, 89 and cared for by my eldest sister in New Jersey for many years. I was able to spend time with them before, and also returned for the memorial. Two days after her birthday, while sleeping... a peaceful end for a gentle woman.

*and now back to the Canadian Rocky Mountains thread already in progress...

Last edited:
Let me toss in a last waffle if I may.

First, I am not sure how I missed it (multitasking or reading quickly) but my condolences to you and your family Ed. My grandfather is 82 but his health isn't quite what it used to be. I look forward to spending more time with him when I return home. Time does indeed pass so quickly...

Second, I'm doing well Roy, thanks for asking. How about yourself? I suppose you knew (better than anyone else) that pofig released some dead trees, but you are right, they are upright and hadn't fallen over/can't be rotated. Makes you wish they could do that with speedtrees, doesn't it? Maybe you could contact Pofig to ask if he'd be willing to take a shot at making some dead trees? I'm sure several folks would find them useful.

Looking forward to more shots, as always. Your texture work is fantastic, but saying that is pretty obvious (to me anyhow).

Gisa ^^

Gisa will ask Pofig

Ning and I and the animal farm here is doing well.
Except a sore back both from planting trees, shrubs and grass,weed etc in trainz:hehe::hehe:
Time to get this subdivision done ;)

thanks for the nice compliments

Roy;)

Animal farm...heh. Yeah, foliage can be quite exhausting, but it does exist and has to get done right? It was my pleasure (to say the obvious) and I'm sure many folks (like myself) are eagerly anticipating the release of your route. Hopefully I will have a new computer by the time you release your route (so I can run it to my satisfaction - I doubt my current rig could handle it).

Keep up the great work!

Gisa ^^

this is our animal farm and Thai Trainz centre

iphone046.jpg

Gisa this is my command centre at the foot of the Phu Pan mountains national park North of Khao Wong, Kalasin, Thailand.
bhanphu.jpg

me and my favorite pet (wild) muntjac deer as my personal Trainz assistant checking if i am doing well testing an ipad, config:hehe::cool:
dsc08293i.jpg

Ning also saved a calf bull from slaughter and thatr one grew up and is now the favorite pet bull ( not pitt bull lol) in the village walking free like the dogs and only liking people..

back to trainz planting :eek:

regards

Roy and Ning;)

Wow that is awesome! You'd definitely never see that happen here (in Korea). Your command center/house is amazing. What a view! Thailand is a wonderful place but too hot for me. :'(

Keep up the great work too (now I know how you are modelling the scenery so well!)

Gisa ^^

Thanks Gisa

Wow that is awesome! You'd definitely never see that happen here (in Korea). Your command center/house is amazing. What a view! Thailand is a wonderful place but too hot for me. :'(

Keep up the great work too (now I know how you are modelling the scenery so well!)

Gisa ^^

Djoetje the deer says hello. He stays 24/7 with me when home and sleep on my bed site when we go somewhere , he is really awesome deer and very intelligent and understand when i talk to him in different languages.
The house I designed myself and built with only local people but that was not the best choice as they gave me an absolute terrible time on all the details as lazy and crooked as some of them are. but finally we got it right "made in Thailand" :hehe::hehe:
Well to be honest google and my wordlwide travel and fantasy helps me most to work on trainz as the local flora here is different than the rockies, yes the sandstone rock is similar and granite but that is all and the weather here is now in summer 30 up and at night 27 in winter its cold close to the mountains we have all year a lot of wind so always a few degrees celcius less than elsewhere winter is coldest 15 at night and daytime 24 so not that bad (november till april).

regards

Roy:cool:

That's awesome. My maltese says hello back. He is assuredly quite cute, but doesn't stand out as much as a deer does.

Very difficult to get a house you want in another country where others speak another language. Customs are different as are expectations.

I went to Thailand in 2006 for a few weeks in late September (right after the coup). Man was it hot and humid! That's all I remember weather wise. That and the insane downpour when the skies opened up.

Enjoy Thailand and of course, enjoy trainzing!

Gisa ^^

Roy: I had no idea you live in a nice area like this..It is sure nice to see how your doing..I think the deer is great..Happy Trainzing..

Back