texture problems

nbfas123

merry christmas guys

I`ve got a problem about texture of add-ons. when I have add-ons installed into TS2010,they're showing black and I reinstalled them the result was all the same.

thanks in advance for help

could anybody help me

Nvidia 4xx series graphics?

Apparently it may be driver problem which as of yet has not been resolved. Easily solved by going into Launcher options and disabling Hardware Compression, then start Content Manager highlight the affected assets, you can select them all at once using standard Windows methods, hold down Ctrl and highlight each of the affected items, or just one at a time, right click, open for edit, then commit. That should solve the problem.
Leave hardware compression off, it doesn't seem to actually make any difference to performance here.

Also, to clarify, the enable hardware accelerated compression option is not in the Launcher Options box - it has to be set/unset in the Content Manager settings box (Miscellaneous tab) before recommiting.

Also, Ctrl and A is a useful shortcut if you want to select all items in the list. (If Ctrl+A does not work, click the top item, then press Shift+End.

Shane

Yeah, but how do I know which assets are affected?

I just installed 2010 on my new Laptop (yeah Geforce 460m :( ) and imported all assets from my running 2010 on my other computer. Took about 3 days to import & commit all assets.

As I started it after an extended database repair, everything was black, so I tried to run in in DirectX and under GL, same result.
So what do I have to do now after I disabled hardware acc?
And there is a difference when I disable it in the launcher menu?

:eek:

The option in Content Manager and the option in the Launcher options are two completely different settings - you need to untick the one in Content Manager, then re-open all affected assets for edit (not including built-in ones), then recommit them to repair them.

The Disable Hardware TL box does something completely different, and may make things in Trainz look or behave differently.

Shane

Any updates on when this might be fixed?

Is Auran communicating with Nvidia about this problem?

It is highly time consuming to open for edit and then commit assets if you have many of them! Even on a high spec PC it involves way too much drive access.

Last edited:
I have got then same problems two month ago.
These one appears when I bought a new geforce GTX460, before I had a GTX9600 (no problem).
I disable compression textures in cmp menu options and I use the procedure .
The default affect the assets of the new routes, but strange some assets of my old routes are broken (black).
It's a hard work because you must search the default black texture asset one by one in the surveyor.
But after that, the route run.
I don't know if all the people who baught the new GFX card have the same problem.
The default is alive for a long time ?......

Nvidia 4xx series graphics?

Apparently it may be driver problem which as of yet has not been resolved. Easily solved by going into Launcher options and disabling Hardware Compression, then start Content Manager highlight the affected assets, you can select them all at once using standard Windows methods, hold down Ctrl and highlight each of the affected items, or just one at a time, right click, open for edit, then commit. That should solve the problem.
Leave hardware compression off, it doesn't seem to actually make any difference to performance here.

Well it seems unfortunately that the black texture problem with NVIDIA is not confined to the 400 series. I had been using an ATI card for the last two years, put on trainz 2010 about six months ago and had been doing just fine.

Friday I put in a GTX 560 Ti and retired the ATI card and everything was working perfectly except for an error with content creator plus that I attributed to having screwed up the OpenGL drivers changing cards.

So I decided to just completely reload Windows and get it over with. All that went smoothly and I had all my trainz content backed up properly. I reloaded trainz and started reimporting assets and sure enough everything was black. I had forgotten and really hadn't thought about disabling hardware compression. I don't think I had it disabled prior I can't remember.

Either way I am running the latest NVIDIA drivers and the problem does exist with the 500 series as well. Once I turned off compression and reimported all of my assets everything was fine. Not going to hazard a guess on whether it is trainz or the NVIDIA drivers it really doesn't matter. As long as disabling hardware compression fixes it, it's really a moot point, I just wanted to relate that it happens in the 500 series as well.

Back