Tips and Tricks-Surveyor

When you"re building a station make sure you get the gap between the train and platform right by placing a train on the track and creeping the platform up to the train.The rule of thumb is - if theres space for a passenger to slip down,the gap is too wide.

When you"re building a station make sure you get the gap between the train and platform right by placing a train on the track and creeping the platform up to the train.The rule of thumb is - if theres space for a passenger to slip down,the gap is too wide.

Or spot on if you're modelling some of the stations I've been to.

The best way to judge is to put a train in the station, lay the platform and then adjust until it looks about right.

regards

Harry

Well, I dont know if I could give out the secret on how to make these awesome switches...then EVERYONE would have them...
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...ms/r176/sfrr1/trainz2007-01-0721-31-47-20.jpg if I see 5 people wanting to know, I will make a video on how to make 'em.

~Sfrr

Nice junctions...

You should see some of mine on my test route.

edit what you've done in 40m, I'd do in 300m. The longer less sharp curves lead to a higher linespeeds through the corners.

regards

Harry

Last edited:
Who's yer daddy?

In order to make route building easier, I've disabled must built-in objects, only leaving those I actually use visible in Surveyor. Hurray for TrainzObjectz. :D

Now when looking for objects to place, I don't have to scroll through a lot of things I'm not interested in.
So, tell me how to do this! I do not use many diesels and sure not europa; And I want to completely remove woodville as I am for adult trains, he he:p

As I mentioned, that's what TrainzObjectz is for. Select every object, custom and built-in, that you don't want to see and put a check in the disabled column. Then, poof your selection list is shorter. That's how it's done in TRS2004. As for TRS2006, don't know. Perhaps one of the 06 gurus can enlighten us.

"HJP" if you put a train on the track you can"t move the track or any track directly coonected to it....which is why it makes more sense to move the platform,"If the Mountain will not go to Mohammed , Mohammed must go to the Mountain".:p

Last edited:
One hint I have discovered: to get a closer 'zoom-in' distance in surveyor, to help fine tune or position something at closer range...is to add the line "-surveyorfov=30" to the trainzoptions file.

"HJP" if you put a train on the track you can"t move the track or any track directly coonected to it....which is why it makes more sense to move the platform,"If the Mountain will not go to Mohammed , Mohammed must go to the Mountain".:p

If you read my post a bit closer, you would have noticed that the 'it' applied to the platform and not the track.

Objects

As I mentioned, that's what TrainzObjectz is for. Select every object, custom and built-in, that you don't want to see and put a check in the disabled column. Then, poof your selection list is shorter. That's how it's done in TRS2004. As for TRS2006, don't know. Perhaps one of the 06 gurus can enlighten us.
I have never gotten this progam to work for me, it's like download helper, just a can't read screen!

Tip: On UK railways the minimum distance between the railway boundary fence or wall and the nearest running rail is 10 Feet / 3 Metres. Anything inside that is called the "Lineside". When you place Fences , don"t make them less than 10 feet from the track...:eek:

Originally by American Connections
How do you save when disabled?

With Trainz Objectz after you have checked the disable boxes go to the menu section at the bottom of the screen and clear the Dispatcher Chump when you restart Trainz this file should rebuild and reflect your changes
Bob V

Tunnels

OK, here's a new problem. I got my map back from the layout I had lost before, I do not know how! But now in all my senarios, and even if I try to make a new tunnel, I cannot get the ground to clean from the opening of the tunnel! What can I do now?

Not sure I understand the question. Perhaps if you add a small screen shot to illustrate the problem it would help.

Back