Changing Tracks

Mouse84

NS Dispatcher
Is there a way to change all the track of one type to another in a route? I think I've read about it before, but a search doesn't find it.

if you use 2009/2010, in the textures section there is a tool called replace assets box. this will allow you change anything on the map exept for tunnels, bridges and double tracks

hope this helps
chris

For TRS2004 at least, you can do it in TrainzObjectz by TafWeb - absolutely invaluable - but I don't know whether this can be used for later versions.

Ray

I said this before, but no help so far: Changing all the track may be useful, but would like to be able to change sections only. About a track mark system, and all the tracks between these two trackmarks, get's changed to whatever track is selected on a menu... It does not make sense to change all the tracks on a map, when the line goes into a high mountain with snow, and then it goes down to a beach...

I said this before, but no help so far: Changing all the track may be useful, but would like to be able to change sections only. About a track mark system, and all the tracks between these two trackmarks, get's changed to whatever track is selected on a menu... It does not make sense to change all the tracks on a map, when the line goes into a high mountain with snow, and then it goes down to a beach...

This is a great idea. I've gone through the easy way of changing whole sections, but it sure would be nice to change spectifically selected tracks - to be able to take a section of good track and change only that siding for example, and make it rusty without having to delete the track and relay it. This is particularly handy when there's a large yard area, or some other place with a lots of point work. Redoing the point work and signalling can be a a pain especially if the track work and signalling is complicated.

Funny you should mention this. I was thinking about this the other day as I was replacing some track in an area I'd already done before.

John

Back