Faulty Content

Simple enough. Just select 'Faulty' in the search box on the left in CMP, then click Apply if the search results do not appear automatically.

Shane

When Trainz Launches, click on Content. That opens the Content Manager. And don't worry, faulty assets will find you, you won't have to find them.

Yeah...You both are right but I am in advanced stage of using TRS already so I am aware of the way how to find red exclamation items in CMP, but what is faulty for CMP might be not for CCP, and I meaned that content which is faulty by hidden way. Right now I can't force to work one map properly and there is no red exclamation item included, but it still crashes and I wonder how could I find the faulty asset because I am sure it is made by at least one faulty item from those hundreds used :( JetLog is also of no use... so I am almost resigned...

Something I have found is that some assets do not show up as Faulty unless you open them for edit then re-commit them. You may need to use one of PEVSofts tools to fix the errors. Also look out for items with a red ? next to them - these have faulty dependencies. (As you probably know, View Dependencies will soon tell you which ones) - also check for missing dependencies.

Shane

How to fix faulty content

Hello, I've downloaded the Union Pacific U50C by the CM. The locomotive is faulty. The textures cannot be loaded. That's the reason. Can you guys help me?

1. delete the u50c texture 23a.texture.txt file. It's not needed.

2. Delete the line rem "beacon" under "Effects". This was supposed to be a note, which later versions of trainz do not support.

3. With the missing "transparency-alpha.tga" file, you can either delete the references in each of the transparency*.texture.txt files, which will leave you with gray windows, or make an alpha file the same dimensions as the transparency.tga file.

Yeah...You both are right but I am in advanced stage of using TRS already so I am aware of the way how to find red exclamation items in CMP, but what is faulty for CMP might be not for CCP, and I meaned that content which is faulty by hidden way. Right now I can't force to work one map properly and there is no red exclamation item included, but it still crashes and I wonder how could I find the faulty asset because I am sure it is made by at least one faulty item from those hundreds used :( JetLog is also of no use... so I am almost resigned...
Gee that sure sucks!

Hey guys. I have this UP C44 loco interior. It has only 1 error: The tag 'radius.015' is not permitted within a container of type 'light_switch'. What does that mean?

I downloaded a steam loco from bdneal and its faulty because it says Error: Attachment point attachment (a.stoker) in 'soundscript\dayloop2' was not found. On 4-8-2 and 2-10-2 Generic.

You need to register your version with N3V in order to get proper support, and access to the forum thread that holds the answer.

Shane

Back