Faulty Content

Hi some of my models are faulty how can i make them ok models thanks.

If you could post your errors in another thread, one of us can help you much easier.

The fixes are usually pretty simple with problems being config.txt file typographic errors, missing textures, or sometimes textures that are compressed and shouldn't be.

John

Well in a model i tried to download two things and they both came up one was track and the other was a train And had a red exclamation mark on it how do i get rid of that?

On CM I dowloaded LUL Tunnel and the Icon with a exclamation mark was on the that model and i do not know how to get rid of it? So someone tell me please???

Without details of the exact errors, we cannot tell you how to fix the errors. The thread I linked to above has the details on how to fix the common errors, and what you need to do.

Shane

Says this on one

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Required tag 'width' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'shiney.tga' for texture file 'shiney.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'shiney.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'start/black.tga' for texture file 'start/black.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'start/black.texture.txt'.

Says this on one

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'shiney.tga' for texture file 'shiney.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'shiney.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'start/black.tga' for texture file 'start/black.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'start/black.texture.txt'.

1) Ignore the warnings as they do not affect the game performance, usually.

2) Open the asset using Windows Explorer.
Right-click on the asset and choose Open with Windows Explorer.

An Explorer window will open showing the config.txt and a bunch of tga files and such.

3) Check to see that shiney.tga actually exists.

4) If it does not exist, delete the shiney.texture.txt file.
5) Do the same for the start/black.tga (you'll have to open the start folder to see this one).
6) Close the Windows Explorer window
7) Press Ctrl+M on your keyboard to commit the asset.

Look for errors again. If there's none, then you're all set.

This is pretty much it for fixing most of these problems.

John

1) Ignore the warnings as they do not affect the game performance, usually.

2) Open the asset using Windows Explorer.
Right-click on the asset and choose Open with Windows Explorer.

An Explorer window will open showing the config.txt and a bunch of tga files and such.

3) Check to see that shiney.tga actually exists.

4) If it does not exist, delete the shiney.texture.txt file.
5) Do the same for the start/black.tga (you'll have to open the start folder to see this one).
6) Close the Windows Explorer window
7) Press Ctrl+M on your keyboard to commit the asset.

Look for errors again. If there's none, then you're all set.

This is pretty much it for fixing most of these problems.

John

Where do i open the window explorer thing and please note i am new to doing this

Right-click the asset in Content Manager, then select Edit, then Edit in Explorer.

Note that you must have a certain amount of familiarity with file management in order to fix assets.

Shane

2 errors-
Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-72\copytempsrcrx2pweal202\black.convert-tex' in subst 'local'
Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-72\copytempsrcrx2pweal202\start\black.convert-tex' in subst 'local'

And i have another one here

Error: Unable to load primary texture 'red.tga' for texture file 'red.texture.txt'.

Does the black texture exist in the folder specified?

Sometimes the creator has placed the texture in the wrong folder. If it is in another folder for the same asset, then copy it into the one where the error is indicating. This is a common error with multiple folders and the same textures.

On your red texture... Does that texture exist in the folder?

If it does exist, then you may need to run PEVSoftware's PM2IM. You can download the tools here:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm

I recommend you download all of the tools.

Ignore the warnings.

John

Does the black texture exist in the folder specified?

Sometimes the creator has placed the texture in the wrong folder. If it is in another folder for the same asset, then copy it into the one where the error is indicating. This is a common error with multiple folders and the same textures.

On your red texture... Does that texture exist in the folder?

If it does exist, then you may need to run PEVSoftware's PM2IM. You can download the tools here:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm

I recommend you download all of the tools.

Ignore the warnings.

John

Well theres one which says red texture but not Red tga

Last edited:
But can you help with this one-

Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-72\copytempsrcrx2pweal202\black.convert-tex' in subst 'local'
Error: Unable to load source texture 'hash-72\copytempsrcrx2pweal202\start\black.convert-tex' in subst 'local'

It's looking for a black.tga - check other assets by the same author.

Shane

P.S. Use View Errors and Warnings for error information, not the info that appears when committing an asset.

Back