Assets come off as faulty despite having no errors

hholdenaz

I have a few assets that are coming off as faulty. HOWEVER, when I check them for errors, none show up: only warnings. This makes no sense: if they have no errors, why do they show up as faulty?

To dig in deeper with the errors, you will have to check the dependencies recursively, there could be some faulty dependencies causing this. Sometimes, built-in and DLC will cause these errors even though there are no errors. Check that all the DLC and built-in are up-to-date, and also none are marked modified. If you have any modified, revert to original.

I also found when I had this recently, that I had some corrupted assets that I had to download again from the DLS. These happened to be the Alco engines that were corrupted such as the DL570, or something like that. Downloading that again, along with some Australian locomotives that it's based on fixed a bunch of faulty but with no errors.

Sometimes if they don't show any errors, you just have to double-click to open the description and the faulty will resolve. You can also right-click and choose Open - Preview Asset. If the preview works, the asset is OK and the faulty will resolve. It appears you just have to make the system actually LOOK at the asset and resolve that it is not actually faulty. This is often the case after a DBR or EDBR, for some reason. You would think that it would have looked at it during the rebuild, but apparently only enough to think it is faulty. :rolleyes:

Back