Config Edit Problem

railsong

:confused:I am using TS2010EE and I have a built in loco that I decided to change the enginesounds and the hornsounds. I did an edit in explorer and changed the kuid numbers of the two mentioned items. I then re-committed the loco and I ended up with a faulty item. I don't see any differences in the way the loco looks or runs in my layout. The only difference is that in the trains surveyor menu it ends up in red on the listing. Following is the item and thee errors and warnings I am getting:
UP GP60 #2024,<kuid2:113556:1000017:1>
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/blackunderframe.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/Main1.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'loco up gp60_art/loco up gp60_art_512.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'loco up gp60_art/loco up gp60_art_icon.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/acgrill1-acgrill2.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/blackundercarriage.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/blister.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/cabinside.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/cabsills.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/chain-chaina.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/drgnosenew.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/env_metal.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/fan-fan alpha.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/fan.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/fancircles.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/graycoat.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/grillsides.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/headlightrims.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/headlights.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/main1.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/map0.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/mian2.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/muhoses.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/rearbody.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/shadowunder.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/shadowunder2.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/step1-step2.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/stepedge.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/stepwht-stepblk.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/tanks.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/window2.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/wiperblades.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_body/wipers.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_shadow/black.texture'.

It seems they all have something to do with texture. I have done this with about 3 other locos and they all end up the same way. As I am new at this I just don't understand what would be causing this. Any ideas of how to get it back to normal would be appreciated. Will I have to delete it from my local machine and download it or what to fix it...Thanks....

if theres changes to your trains you dont work then i recomend re-installing it but deleting it before you do that.

If your using config i think you should checkout my problem on trs2006 section called "peterhicks class 91 gner"

To get the locos running again, just right click and use "restore to original" (or s.th. like that) option (I don't know the exact expression due to my TS is running in german language ;) ) You needn't reinstall anything!

Re-installing is not going to help you.

You need to use PEV's Images2TGA or Texture2TGA tools to convert from *.texture to the *.texture.txt and *.tga duo.

The problem also happens in 2009.

I think 2009 and 2010 still have some serious bugs (I have found one as well - see my 'TS2009 problem' post in the TS2009 forum if you want to know more)

Shane

Lord.....another great reason for not using 2010.

This is not as bad as it seems, George. I've gone through all of my content, including your items, which had no problems at all, in about a week. Once the fix is made, the content works fine. This problem seems to be prevailent in older items.

John

Last edited:
Well I am lost. I have d/l the pevsoft Images2TGA and PM2IM apps, but I can't figure out how to open what I want to correct. Where do you find the kuid item on the computer. In the Auran file folders I can only find hash something numbers and I don't want to take the time to look through all of those to find the kuid I am looking for. I tried to use the search for files in vista, but nothing show up by typing in the kuid number. I guess I need a lot of tutoring. Any help now will be greatly appreciated.....Thanks....

railsong: If I were you I would do a extented Data Base repair..Then do a re-install..I don't have 2010 but I am running 2009..

Thanks Bob, what do you mean by re-install. Are you talking about re-installing the locos? I did an extended data base repair about a week ago by instructions from the help desk, but it made no difference. Like I said the locos are running OK in my layout, but I just have a lot of faulty items in my content per CM 3.2. Maybe I should just leave well enough alone......
Mel:)

Your best bet is to open the assets in question for edit using Content Manager, then use the tools on the editing folder before re-commiting the assets. (see my post above for advice on how to use PM2IM, and have a look in the Images2TGA help file for instructions on how to add it to Content Manager)

The seriousness of the faults depends anyway on what faults there are - most are texture faults or things in the config file that should not be there.

Shane

Your best bet is to open the assets in question for edit using Content Manager, then use the tools on the editing folder before re-commiting the assets. (see my post above for advice on how to use PM2IM, and have a look in the Images2TGA help file for instructions on how to add it to Content Manager)

The seriousness of the faults depends anyway on what faults there are - most are texture faults or things in the config file that should not be there.

Shane
I am getting confused on step 5 and 6 in your instructions on the PM2IM app. In step 5 you say to click open in the file menu. Does that mean the File menu of PM2IM or in content manager? In step 6 I don't know how to find the .im file. Where do I find it? I sure appreciate your help...Could you please explain more about step 5 and 6...Thanks....
Mel

I have amended the post in question.

If you are still unsure let me know and I will give you an alternative method.

Shane

Shane
I just can't figure out how to open an *.im file. When I do a search on my machine for any *.im files it doesn't bring any files like that up. Don't know what I am doing wrong. I guess the way I have searched for years now just doesn't work anymore. Please give me more info on how to do this...Thanks...
Mel

Shane
Well I finally found the asset folder I want to correct, and when I use the PM2IM program it tells me the asset has already been converted by a PevSoft tool and if I continue it not convert again correctly. I still have the faulty sign on the asset...What now.....

My advice here is to back up the asset first (right-click the asset in Content Manager, then select Save to CDP, then save the .CDP file)

Once done, you can use PM2IM to convert the .IM file (as long as you haven't previously used PM2IM on that asset already)

If a problem does happen, use the Import CDP option in Content Manager's file menu to import the backed up asset.

Shane

My advice here is to back up the asset first (right-click the asset in Content Manager, then select Save to CDP, then save the .CDP file)

Once done, you can use PM2IM to convert the .IM file (as long as you haven't previously used PM2IM on that asset already)

If a problem does happen, use the Import CDP option in Content Manager's file menu to import the backed up asset.

Shane

I sure appreciate your help on this. I finally have got rid of 4 of my asset errors. I still have 2 that have different error messages than the others. Here are the 2 that I have now:

Asset: UP SD40T-2 #2846
Error: Unable to load image file 'Main1.tga' for texture 'mesh_body\main1.texture.txt' while validating mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'mesh_body/8326.bmp' for texture file 'mesh_body/8326.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/8326.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'mesh_body/8326numboards.bmp' for texture file 'mesh_body/8326numboards.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/8326numboards.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'mesh_body/main1.tga' for texture file 'mesh_body/main1.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/main1.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'mesh_body/mirroredge.tga' for texture file 'mesh_body/mirroredge.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/mirroredge.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'mesh_body/nosenew.tga' for texture file 'mesh_body/nosenew.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/nosenew.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'mesh_body/wheelholder.tga' for texture file 'mesh_body/wheelholder.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/wheelholder.texture.txt'.
Asset: UP GP60 #2024
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/blackunderframe.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Error: The texture 'mesh_body/stepwht-stepblk.tga' is not a power of 2, please resize it.

I'm not sure what these error messages mean. If you know of any tool to fix these it would be greatly appreciated. I hope you are not getting tired of drawing me pictures as it were....Thanks again...:)

It's OK, I wouldn't be posting on the forums if I didn't enjoy helping others.

The second error from the bottom can be fixed using PM2IM. (The .im file mentioned is the one to look for when using the Open box)

The other ones, though, I will need to investigate further. (The bottom one will need a graphic editor program to fix it)

Unfortunately, the other ones may be difficult to fix (new .tga files may need to be created for the asset - you may have to contact the content creator for advice on that one - they may have already created new .tga files)

The .texture.txt files seem to be in binary format (or the files mentioned are in .texture format, which Images2TGA should be able to sort), which I will investigate further.

Shane

Back