Show your models!

I agree I use to own a 4x8 HO layout but it went to the rats. my N scale layout was build to be a coffee table layout that's why it has the deep sides on it I'm planning on adding more sideing. I have 4 working locos 2 are RS and one is a CN F9 and i shelless loco that spost to be a RS1. My ho set well that's a different story I have 106 pics of track "power-lock" My N layout can handle 3 locos at the same time but there no room for long trains.

Some before and after pics.
Track Plan for remodeling.
SAM_0700-Copy_zpsd87000c4.jpg

Before
SAM_0700_zpsa29126c1.jpg

After
SAM_0737_zps43d508c2.jpg

SAM_0738_zps5973a50f.jpg

SAM_0739_zps073c0ff9.jpg

More to come as the project takes shape.

Last edited:
Only one of the engines in my collection, but she's the toughest by far. KCS #223, a stalwart veteran USRA 2-10-2. The Tillamook & Rockland Northern was the subject of a rather teasingly written news article when it announced it's next locomotive purchase. KCS #223 has proved the critics wrong, soldiering on with a good few trains hauled and not a single derailment among them even when critics said the veteran steamer couldn't run without some sort of problems.
KCS223_zps4f62b261.jpg

Last edited:
The resident steam queen, SP #4449. The T&RN quietly rebuilt this engine from the ground up to the SP 4449's blueprints and chose the patriotic American Freedom Train scheme when she was nearly finished. She awaits a few crucial components and will be debuted as the main passenger engine for the T&RN when she is repaired.
AFT4449_zps514d97ef.jpg

Last edited:
Dragon, I highly recommended adding another set a turnouts giving you a run around track. Such as this, the orange I added in.

Untitled_zps8b491c49.png

This way a train coming form the Extra Spur for hiding unused train, often called staging, can come in to town, spot some cars at the two sidings. Run around part of its self to then spot cars at the mine. Run around moves are key when you have both facing and trailing point moves. If you take my advice, and want more, hit me up in a PM.

Problem with that is I haven't got any room to do that my N layout is limited in size and because of that I only have so much room I see what you mean and I thot of that but it don't work for my track plans I'm using Kato track it costs a lot for the switcher 30$ a piece. If I had an Extra foot I would add it I will think about it and see what I can come up with I'll PM you about it.

Spent some time rewiring my N scale layout. As well as doing some track work.

Here's a shot of my one signal, and one of my favorite cars on my layout.

539434_10200718343904963_605437331_n.jpg

The work that I have been doing. Replacing all the code 80 track with code 55. You can see the pile of old track that I have pulled out. You can also see the siding that I am replacing as well. Might add another turnout in there some place later on to expand that whole area.

48141_10200718344384975_1926859520_n.jpg

Well ... my handmades
100_6748.jpg

And little blue beast (behind locomotive) ...
file.php

My little handmade railyard
100_5666.jpg

All locomotives are without motor and all models are made from paper.

Of course, that not all the models that I own.

I have a handful of Japanese N-scale trains.

QOrUg.jpg
5DPMm.jpg

D2VSn.jpg
0ZsDdXw.png

And while they are more on the toy side of models trains, I have a collection of B-Train Shorties which are smaller crushed up versions of real Japanese trains.

1 2 3 4 5

While they mainly are little plastic toys, pretty much all of them save the steam train can be fitted with motors and bogeys to run on N-scale track

is that a 4x8 layout ? I pm you but stell no anser.

Never got a PM Dragon but to answer you question. No its not. Its 2.5x6, I think. Ill remeasure it when I get home. I got it second had from a older gentleman who was too sick to keep building it. Rather then see it get the axe he offered it to us at the museum. I took it and have been reworking the whole thing. All the code 80 track is being replaced with code 55.

Here is my N scale diesel roster so far, with the GTW GP38 #4900 being my newest addition.

535590_10200801110734082_217250925_n.jpg

You can see some of the new 55 track and the old 80 track in place, and you might be able to spot the new industry turnout.

Never got a PM Dragon but to answer you question. No its not. Its 2.5x6, I think. Ill remeasure it when I get home. I got it second had from a older gentleman who was too sick to keep building it. Rather then see it get the axe he offered it to us at the museum. I took it and have been reworking the whole thing. All the code 80 track is being replaced with code 55.

Here is my N scale diesel roster so far, with the GTW GP38 #4900 being my newest addition.

535590_10200801110734082_217250925_n.jpg

You can see some of the new 55 track and the old 80 track in place, and you might be able to spot the new industry turnout.

Nice My track is more costly but I don't have to worry about roadbed or nailing anything hot glue it and it stays. I used Iorn ore for buildup around the track not common on but gives it the different look then gravel bedding. Your laylot is DDC I'm assuming ? My N tunits I have a CNF9 CP RS3 a CN GP38 I think & an unnamed SR1.

Nice My track is more costly but I don't have to worry about roadbed or nailing anything hot glue it and it stays. I used Iorn ore for buildup around the track not common on but gives it the different look then gravel bedding. Your laylot is DDC I'm assuming ? My N tunits I have a CNF9 CP RS3 a CN GP38 I think & an unnamed SR1.

I was going to use Kato Uni track, but I changed my mind for a few reasons. Code 55 looks more realistic. Flex track and prefab turnouts are more flexible then Uni track. By this I mean Im not limited to what the manufacture makes for track lengths and curve radii. Gluing it all down isnt to bad. Its more work to put in flex track and road bed, but I like it that way. I get to go over every inch of track as Im putting it in to ensure that its right and that my trains will run. The again, I would hand lay all my track if I had the time and the parts to do it.

The real problem Iv run into is how Atlas screwed up big time. And how one of the shop owners at the hobby shop I go to is in need of the same track as me. Atlas I guess screwed up last summer and ran out of track, in all scales. They just now got back into making track again, but it will be a while before the code 55 #6 and #4 turnouts I need will be available. I need 1 more #6 to finish my main line and 7 #4s to do the yard. Then I need one more curved turnout for my undefined Empties In Loads Out* industry. And then one Im done planing the branch line, what ever turnouts that needs.

*Empties In Loads Out is a fun idea. Ill have loaded cars and incidental ones that are not loaded. For an example, lets say its a power plant and else where there is a coal mine. My train with loaded coal hoppers pushes the loads in one track. This track is long and goes to the coal mine but is hidden from view. Then my train pulls out the empties form the track next to it. Later my train push the empties from the power plant into the coal mine. Empties from the coal min come out at the power plant, and loads at the power plant come out at the coal mine. This makes it look like coal hoppers from the power plant are emptied and then loaded back up at the coal mine. Eliminating live loads and the mess they bring.

But mine is not a power plant and coal mine. Im thinking lumber mill and pulp mill, with wood chip hoppers. But still planing out the branch line, and until that's done, cant finish that industry.

Back