Show your models!

This is my BNSF Dash-9-44cw #617 followed by my BNSF 54 ft PS covered hopper #470231 both by Athearns.

100_0440.JPG

100_0441.JPG

Hey Heyrey, that looks GREAT!!!
And I don't have a 6 wheeled Unit yet :eek:
Gotta get pictures soon.
My roster:
ARR GP40-2 3007 (Soon to be APR 3007 since the real 3007's paint job is in the 70's style)
CNW Boxcar from my hobby shop's box full of old fright cars that are cheap.
CRIP Hopper now a APR MOW car.
3 McKinley explorer cars.
2 other boxcars (One in the paint booth and one being weathered.)
In storage:
B30-7/23-7 LSW Paint (Fictional)
GP40-2 LSW Paint (Fictional and still being repainted)
Mantua 2-8-2 w/o electrical systems.
and a dummy unit who has been chosen to be in a wreck and her frame will become the base for a new unit.
All in HO scale.

I will post pics soon, but yesterday I managed to purchase the Lionel 6-26503 ATSF 7606R Caboose Prototype/Paint Sample for a surprisingly low price. (and the place selling them had about 15 other prototypes!)

This was taken last year. This is my 2 rail O scale GP35 Soo Line #731, that I have posted pics of in the past, but now weathered up. The GP9 in tow behind her is another weathering job of mine, but my friends locomotive.

397232_3220705880521_1858901241_n.jpg

I may have posted this one all ready, but heres my WIP berk PM1225.

390866_2683575612600_323093297_n.jpg

And lastly, my newest N scale locomotive, Central Michigan U23B 8905.

540260_4109568221524_1390472433_n.jpg

I thought we should have a thread to show any train models you want to. Can be your whole collection, something new, or your favorite.

I'll start with a tank car I recently finished weathering. It's a Walthers car, done with chalks, oils, and acrylics, no airbrushing (it hadn't arrived yet.) Graffiti is done with an india ink marker. I replaced the couplers with Kadee SF shelf couplers with the trip pins removed. Eventually I'm converting all my HO stuff to Sergent couplers and semi-scale metal wheels and it'll look even better. This is the first car I've actually finished weathering.

GATX_90657_by_simulatortrain.jpg
Wm I know this was the first pic in this thead but you cheated. That's a real photograph. (Just kidding, but it really looks real.)

My layout is an empty bookshelf......oh well.

imagexqg.jpg

imagexoq.jpg

Sorry for the large pictures, I'm using a phone. :/

Whoops

This forum really needs more model railroading in it.

So I was working on a GP50 today; I already installed sound and grain of wheat bulbs in it. I'm adding a fuel tank detail kit, plow, radio antenna, spare knuckles, speed recorder, and ground lights. A big thing I've been waiting to do is handrails. When I got this kit (Athearn blue box. I miss them.) it didn't have handrails for the long hood. I have a GP50 handrail set from Athearn, so I started on that today. This is what I found.

Here's the fireman's side.

IMG_2200_zps433f1b6a.jpg

And the engineer's side. Notice anything?

IMG_2199_zps35d15114.jpg

Yeah, there's about a two scale foot difference between the two sides.

IMG_2203_zpsd76c5855.jpg

Well, I guess that project is getting put on hold. Does anyone even know if Athearn still sells parts for their blue box kits? If not, I need to dig up some round stock. Guess I'll work on detailing the U30C. Until then, I'll leave this TRRA SW1500 here.

IMG_2206_zpsac36405a.jpg

methinks you need to get to work on Brass Betsy the steamer back there in that first pic :p

I used to have an Athearn Blue-Box SW1500 in Rock Island blue and white. she's all metal, but currently has to use ye-olde "0-5-0" with 5-DCC for propulsion :hehe: never did get around to buying her a proper motor...Like I said I've been a tried and true N-scaler for years.

as for your handrail problem...meh, dunno what to tell you, I just come here to rant!

Here's your Brass Betsy, sawyer. A PFM Missouri Pacific P-73 4-6-2. An early one; the 1000 series. Later ones had a feedwater heater mounted on top of the smokebox, and side mounted air compressors, versus pilot mounted like mine. I would love to have one in-game, but my gmax skills are nowhere near good enough to build one. So I'll stick with real models for now. At least until the IRM opens again.

IMG_2207_zps62adf82d.jpg

I'm scared to work on this one. I've never really done anything with brass before. This model is from the 70's at least. I inherited it from my Grandpa when he passed. Still had the card my mom wrote when she gave it to him for Christmas when she was a kid. I'm tempted to save up and pay to have it remotored, painted and lettered, and have DCC sound and lighting installed. First I have to find a good group of modelers up here. All my contacts are back in St. Louis.

Here's your Brass Betsy, sawyer. A PFM Missouri Pacific P-73 4-6-2. An early one; the 1000 series. Later ones had a feedwater heater mounted on top of the smokebox, and side mounted air compressors, versus pilot mounted like mine. I would love to have one in-game, but my gmax skills are nowhere near good enough to build one. So I'll stick with real models for now. At least until the IRM opens again.

IMG_2207_zps62adf82d.jpg

I'm scared to work on this one. I've never really done anything with brass before. This model is from the 70's at least. I inherited it from my Grandpa when he passed. Still had the card my mom wrote when she gave it to him for Christmas when she was a kid. I'm tempted to save up and pay to have it remotored, painted and lettered, and have DCC sound and lighting installed. First I have to find a good group of modelers up here. All my contacts are back in St. Louis.

hmm...I just saw a similar engine like this (it would have been a later model with the smokebox feedwater heater "Elesco Eyebrows") on a secod-hand brass site I frequent to drool over...I don't have anywhere near the money needed for one of these, and N-scale brass is a shot in the dark at best--performance tends to run the gamut from amazing to absolutely terrifying.

I'd go the route of having someone else fix that beauty up myself. Brass locos just seem to have far too many places for you to screw up if you aren't careful...a friend of mine learned that one the hard way! She is quite the looker though, even in bare brass metal. :cool:

My layout is an empty bookshelf......oh well.

imagexqg.jpg

imagexoq.jpg

Sorry for the large pictures, I'm using a phone. :/

Nice models!

I would check the track in the front. It looks like the rail joiner didn't connect and the rail rode up on top if it. I hate it when that happens!

Nice models!

I would check the track in the front. It looks like the rail joiner didn't connect and the rail rode up on top if it. I hate it when that happens!

Thanks, I'm glad you like the models!
Actually the track is bent, I was five when I got it, years of irresponsible abuse on the track before I learned to take care of it. :hehe: That's the nice thing about Bachman EZ track, it's tough. It's a pain in the neck to set up but it's tough.
When I get the cash I'm replacing all my old track pieces.

As for the models, the GP9u is a Walthers Trainline model I picked up at a train show, the SD70I is an Athearn model (lovely detail on the whole thing), the two others are IntermountainRwy SD40-2W's(more lovely details). I also have an Athearn CF7 that didn't get photographed, and about four Norfolk Southern locomotives.

I'm trying to find a locale where I can model all four of my favorite eastern railroads in one layout.(CP, CN, HC, and NS.)
I was also thinking about setting it in the 1980's/early 2000's so I can use those hot looking Bombardier LRC trains. :3

Last edited:
I have no pics,but,

my steam roster now consists of a rivarossi 4-6-2 pacific (southern Railroad) but will in the future be repainted and re-numbered,a bachmann spectrum 2-8-0 consolidation,black paint,a 0-8-0 switcher steam engine and a christmas train set with a 0-6-0 switcher in the North pole and southern railroad colors,all of that came from the train show not far from where I reside.

Back