Show your models!

Nice My layout there very little room to do anything and well here my HO set up and as you can see I barley have room for it all.
SAM_0763_zpse09a64dd.jpg

I haven't show my O scale 1225 off enough yet. Both the locomotive, and the crew member on the ground next to her I painted.

the_excursion_by_jib228-d5xen2a.jpg

If you look closely, you can also see my Soo Line GP35 #731.

I haven't show my O scale 1225 off enough yet. Both the locomotive, and the crew member on the ground next to her I painted.

If you look closely, you can also see my Soo Line GP35 #731.

I hope that guy beside her is you getting ready to claim up into the cab ;)
I really run this one sadly wend I got her she wasn't well taken care of and alot of the detail was broken off form the former owner "Train Abuse"
I tryed to fix her up she works well
SAM_0786_zpsadd1313e.jpg

You may rember these guys yes it's a lad body steam train tender is lad as well only problem is she runs for abit the my powerpack cuts out.
SAM_0785_zps3737510e.jpg

I have a ho scale layout and model railroading and ralfanning are what lead me into modeling. I consider my self a average joe as a modelrailroader.

I figured I might as well jump in. Here's a some of my 'gems':
A Broadway Limited Imports DCC Sound-Equipped Southern 2-8-2 Mikado #4501 in Crescent colors
A Bachmann Spectrum Southern 2-8-0 #722 in Crescent colors plus a Digitrax DCC decoder I put in it
A Bachmann DCC-Equipped Southern high-hood GP35
A Broadway Limited Imports Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis SW not sound equipped, but has DCC
A Bachmann Southern Pacific 4-8-4 #4449 in Daylight colors. I purchased it before it came DCC-equipped
A Walthers Trainline Southern GP9M
A Bachmann Spectrum Fairbanks-Morse H-16-44 painted for Virginian
Then again, there's the vintage-50's-60's Lionels of my Dad's that's on display in my bedroom.

VR steam through the ages...

L-R they are A2801 (Canadian Red, pre 1920s), A2899 (1930s/40s black), K103 (1920s/30s/40s, X29 (1920s/30s), S301 (1937/38), and R718 (1950s).

Regards
Zec

amen to that! I wish I could afford brass...then again, I wish I had the space for a proper layout again too!!! (5 years of a 4x8 sheet layout, and I'm back to running trains on the floor...)

I remember Dragon posting some pics of his layout, but it seams he removed them all. But I do remember what they looked like, and it looked like you too my advice. And It looks good.

Let me post some shots of my second layout that I am building at my cabin up north. (I have a small layout at home, and this one up here.)

This is an over view of the lower level and what has been started so far:

There will be more levels added once I do more math on the helix to link the levels.
But here is Plymouth yard:

Yes some tracks are missing, I just placed all the track today to test fit my track plan and to get an idea of what it will look like. Yes, I am do an N scale version of the Saginaw Sub. (I figured I have plenty of info on it, I know it well, why not give it a shot for my first prototypical model railroad.)

And last is Novi Siding:

I might end up making this siding longer, and moving it to the next level. Or might delete it all together. Don't know, still toying with it.

The layout its self will be between 3 and 4 levels. I have a plan, but I am also planing as I go along. The layout is being built in my shed and is in a 9x9 room in the shed. But will pass though the wall to the other room to house the helix's and possible staging.

Back