An Afternoon in Southern California

USLWD
I had the day off of work so I decided to take a trip railfanning. I got to the top of a bluff near the loop and I caught a westbound doublestack train charging up the hill.
Screen_018.jpg

After the train thundered past I jumped back in my Jeep Liberty and got on the highway. With 3 B40s leading I couldn't pass up the photo ops. I caught back up to her 20 miles down the road after it had to slow for a eastbound. Its dynamic braking was in full effect as it whined past slowing for Mojave.
Screen_023.jpg

I was in the parking lot of Wendy's, downing my Spicy Chicken Sandwich when the westbound lumbered by. The engineer, recognizing me now, tooted the horn a little and gave me a friendly wave.
Screen_024.jpg

Once the train had passed and my fries were all gone, I jumped back in my new SUV and headed west towards Lancaster. I was struggling to keep up so I pushed my Jeep to about 75mph trying to make up time. I came up a little short. So I jumped out and grabbed this shot from a distance.
Screen_027.jpg

The highlight of my day came when I crossed the tracks behind the train and headed down towards the Amtrak depot. The train had come to a stop, staring at a red lamp. I walked up to the locomotive and started talking to the engineer. He then invited me to come into the cab. I found myself a spot on the right hand side of the cab.
Screen_029.jpg

thanks for coming along on my journey!!!!

Locomotives: VMD BNSF/ATSF B40 4-Pack
Route: TLW High Desert Run

Steve

Last edited:
I had the day off of work so I decided to take a trip railfanning. I got to the top of a bluff near the loop and I caught a westbound doublestack train charging up the hill.
Screen_018.jpg

After the train thundered past I jumped back in my Jeep Liberty and got on the highway. With 3 B40s leading I couldn't pass up the photo ops. I caught back up to her 20 miles down the road after it had to slow for a eastbound. Its dynamic braking was in full effect as it whined past slowing for Mojave.
Screen_023.jpg

I was in the parking lot of Wendy's, downing my Spicy Chicken Sandwich when the westbound lumbered by. The engineer, recognizing me now, tooted the horn a little and gave me a friendly wave.
Screen_024.jpg

Once the train had passed and my fries were all gone, I jumped back in my new SUV and headed west towards Lancaster. I was struggling to keep up so I pushed my Jeep to about 75mph trying to make up time. I came up a little short. So I jumped out and grabbed this shot from a distance.
Screen_027.jpg

The highlight of my day came when I crossed the tracks behind the train and headed down towards the Amtrak depot. The train had come to a stop, staring at a red lamp. I walked up to the locomotive and started talking to the engineer. He then invited me to come into the cab. I found myself a spot on the right hand side of the cab.
Screen_029.jpg

thanks for coming along on my journey!!!!

Locomotives: VMD BNSF/ATSF B40 4-Pack
Route: TLW High Desert Run

Steve
I'm having trouble with that route.:(

when i try to download, i get a VERY long page along the lines of this...
Rar!Ï?s witÀ€>9½9½?åóü”50 HighDesertRun\146087_22723.cdpACS$)½“¼assets†¼kindsceneryregionItaliatypeVegetazionekuid §:ÃX lightcategory-region-0ITcategory-era-02000scategory-classFT height-rangeHÂHBZ mesh-table5defaultmeshpinoa4.im auto-createdefault-nightobsolete-table trainz-build$asset-filenamepino con aiuola 04 usernamepino con aiuola 04!authorRoberto Conti - Trento organisationTrainz Italia(contact-emailrobertoconti19@yahoo.itcontact-website license kuid-table compressionLZSSºfiles3base.texture.txtPrimary=base.tga Tile=st Bº base.tga,€)wnï]wu®_®ù®ú_À‰ÿìýpô_Àæ¿€Ýÿmï>(0ý X눞»2ïlØ$6Ôür¤œRt#Mž= #ÏÀh_pW~C-·?Ïxé`ß[LÙ**›L˜çÔ´?š›º³†Î¹2cÚ¾+†ë2•ùŠÒdãHm&²jdÃ89$,Šjz&Û³Âm‘p—¶¿ é:õé G:œÊœÇ„+%í[ˬÊ?HT‚˜’¢kä&ÒÒÄ+œ ðõ`Ž/¾*xùÛóùê(=)i-8hC"äÕÁ˜?K˜ 1ÇdÅ?*ŽŽ¬ÌüƯoc&›?¯óûž¦ñhEb~ªÞïDYý¹‰þöè1(΢·‡—@ù“-ØiÍ?[æ?‘g^<ö·¬4€Ñ4 õMªŸÁðÄÐïÇËmäàˆï1:à;nU¿Lf2Ø€éÁè¢*d\O‹çÖ…4¾ ó¿9õ¯SüúùÔÏàç~ÿŸó÷Œ2ÃR`û>/ ¯¥´Í¾?ýÎO³œ]Y®óþx´˜Fçy¾tMÊ=ö‘˜b'^z¼nØ÷ì`÷?6ãâº/¼Oëx,µÿ=x[íÅ?^ûUûü/O\›zÂrŒõ)‰+“¶C $Í­?ç áîB\Ë÷wz_ gÄH•þ3 e6¿ëJŽY…¦.

thats about 1/1000 of it.

John

Back