Merseyrail 508's (Or any others TBQH)

BigThing

Hi, i am recreating my local passenger rail line, Merseyrail. To do this correctly i have to get the rolling stock, which i have. However i notice that in 508's the cab is quite crudely done.

I was wandering if anyone could get a more realistic cab put in because the stock itself is fantastic!

I realise that this may require contacting the creator but i am sure he would be happy as long as you were to give credit.

Just pondering, Bigthing

Hi, i am recreating my local passenger rail line, Merseyrail. To do this correctly i have to get the rolling stock, which i have. However i notice that in 508's the cab is quite crudely done.

I was wandering if anyone could get a more realistic cab put in because the stock itself is fantastic!

I realise that this may require contacting the creator but i am sure he would be happy as long as you were to give credit.

Just pondering, Bigthing

You might wish to ponder the alternative of finding a better cab (albeit not a 508) and transplant it accordingly.

All the best.

Colin.

Sadly i don't have any idea how yo can change the cab, could anyone direct me to a tutorial?

I suppose you would find cabs in the bogeys section of the DLS?

Last edited:
Assuming you have a version of trainz that has CMP:

1. Find your 508 drive unit and clone it. (This is for security just in case it screws up and you will still have your original).

2. Rename your clone ( in Username line) so that there is no confusion.

3. Find unit with a cab that you like.

4. Display the dependancies of that unit. You want the kuid number for the Interior (cab).

5. Open up config of Cloned 508 and change the Interior kuid to the one you like.

6. Save it > Close out > Commit.

7. Play trainz and enjoy.

You will now have 2 508 units, but you can either make the same changes to the original (after ascertaining that it worked of course) and delete your clone, or you can play with your clone and disable or delete the original. Your choice.

Good luck.

:)

Colin.

You are very welcome. Unfortunately I could not experiment as your 508's appear to have an issue with my version of Trainz (TC3). Re locating an Interior, I can only suggest checking out other DMU's / EMU's until you find one with a cab that you like ........... then you can follow the earlier instructions.

Have fun.

Colin.

Back