help with download station 3rd try

Mallard2007

Can somebody please help, this is my third thread on this subject. I cannot download from download station, I log in and get directed to my profile page,
I check it update it and then click ok, then I try to download off download station and still get this message, error unable to connact download station

I try logging in again to download station and back I go to my profile page, has anybody got any idea what is going on , and how I can fix it. I have tried to get through to auran's helpdesk with no luck, please can somone help.

yours in trainz

Mallard 2007

Mallard2007, the best course of action is to submit a Helpdesk ticket - use the link at the top of the forum. If your account has a permissions problem then there's not much we on the forum can do about it.

Can somebody please help, this is my third thread on this subject. I cannot download from download station, I log in and get directed to my profile page,
I check it update it and then click ok, then I try to download off download station and still get this message, error unable to connact download station

I try logging in again to download station and back I go to my profile page, has anybody got any idea what is going on , and how I can fix it. I have tried to get through to auran's helpdesk with no luck, please can somone help.

yours in trainz

Mallard 2007

I'm having exactly the same problem, tried all manner of things, but still no joy :confused: :confused: :confused:

Glad it isn't just me!

I am having no problems whats-so-ever so the DLS is working fine, or at least it is at this time. Therefore, I would suggest that you contact the Helpdesk to get your problem resovled.

John

Have you all noticed where you are from?

The US is okay, but UK is having problems. Don't have any answer as to why that would happen unless there's something going on with the Planet Auran database.

John

Last edited:
The US is okay, but UK is having problems. Don't have any answer as to why that would happen unless there's something going on with the Planet Auran database.

John

Also UK but not had any problem today logging in or using the DLS maybe an ISP related problem?

Using Linux here though and open DNS for DNS server which may have a bearing?

Last edited:
On the page where you get your profile, DO NOT go to the bottom & click on 'download station' there.
Instead, go to the TOP of the page & select 'Download Station', this has worked every time for me so far.
If the 'Download Helper' doesn't work, use 'FTP Download', that works ok for me too.

Also UK but not had any problem today logging in or using the DLS maybe an ISP related problem?

Using Linux here though and open DNS for DNS server which may have a bearing?

Malc,

This could very well be a DNS issue. Never thought of this before... I've been out of IT since July and haven't had to deal with this since. ;) I love being a music major at my local university instead. :D

John

DHP

Looking through my PMs I see you were the person I suggested using Download Helper Pro to a short while ago.

I had download problems too last week so put whatever I wanted into that. It remembers what you have listed so the next time you open it the download will be attempted again - and again...
That little prog did the trick for me. What I do is direct the download to a folder I created, you can call it today's downloads or whatever, and from there the cdps can be installed in either 2004, 06 or TC3, I know, I have them all and it works fine.
Alternatively use the ftp option on the DS within each asset box and download to that folder.
My method is not to just install straight into the game but rather keep assets on another drive after installing, so I have a huge database now that I can go back to should anything untoward happen.

Angela

I have just checked your accounts and it all shows fine on our end, you should have access to the First Class Server. For the technically minded of you you could try a trace route to see if your connection is reaching our servers:

Open up a command prompt (start -> run -> type "cmd")
Type "tracert firstclass.auran.com"

This will run through every server and router from your house to the FC server. The final IP in the list should be 74.52.108.19.

If it doesnt get that far then it means there is a routing problem.

I did due to your instructions. The routing seems to be ok. Unfortunately, there's still the problem unsolved. Still no possibility to download via Trainz Helper. I investigated this forum and I see more and more people have this problem. They localise from various countries so it can't be said it is my local problem or something.
Well, I submitted a ticket to the Helpdesk and waiting.
I am TRS2004 user and having valid FCT... I have more than 200 items in DL Card and it is annoying to download them by FTP 1 by 1. Or? Maybe is there a way to download them in one lot by FTP? PLease advice.

I have a rough idea what is wrong, when I click on download station at the top of this forum page, it sends me to the download station, name and password box, but then, once signed in, it sends you to PLANET AURAN EDIT ACCOUNT PAGE and not to the download station, I think this is where the problem is, your not going to the download station, your being sent to this page instead...

header.jpg

The thing is, I can't get straight to the download station by loggin in, I have to log in, at the download station page, and then get diverted via the Auran site, and have to log in again, this time at the PLANET AURAN EDIT ACCOUNT PAGE to get access the download station...

I think this is where your problem is...

Hope this helps

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
Yes Airtime,
you are absolutely right. It goes like you described. However I guess it is on Auran's side to repair this "damage". It actually brings me to my edit profile form. I save the data but it doesn't help to my Trainz Helper at all....still not possible to download via Helper from DL Cart = "nothing to do download/idle" while there are 200 items pending!

I think we should all join forcers and ask auran to sort out this problem, it's been going on for to long, I have not been able to download since friday, we all need to be able to download again as soon as possible. Come on auran sort this problem out
Mallard 2007

I submitted the problem to the Helpdesk. Have no idea what shall be done more? Firstly it was just amazing because I have never had such problem with Auran, then it started to be irritating and now it seems to be disgusting. No response, no solution..and my FCT days are passing by.....

Since the download station has such a large amount of features to select from I wonder if it may contain Berlin commuter trains known as "S-Bahn".
I am asking this question because it may take me hours to dig through all the features available.
I am glad Trainz Simulator 2009 has one commuter train feature, the Harlem Line.

Kutte :eek:

I think we should all join forcers and ask auran to sort out this problem, it's been going on for to long, I have not been able to download since friday, we all need to be able to download again as soon as possible. Come on auran sort this problem out
Mallard 2007

I agree, auran fix this problem PLEASE

Hi, I am just writing to tell you that my problem is off. They repaired it. I do hope you are happy too.....

Back